Backout and possible bad trader warning - Dead Memories

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Asif Chaudhry ( 346 )
Journeyman Trader

Backout and possible bad trader warning - Dead Memories

Post by Asif Chaudhry »

Hello all - this is a warning to my fellow good traders on Bartertown about a definite Backout trader, and someone who MAY be engaged in trying to rip people off.

Long story short - he and I agreed to a trade for some stuff on Mon, April 27th. He was supposed to ship on Friday, May 1st.
On Sat May 02, I contact him, he says, "sorry, was ill, couldn't get to the post office. Will ship on Tues, May 5th, since post office is closed on Monday for a bank holiday." The guy's in england, in Newcastle (anyone know where "the_trader", aka Joe Bartle lives?).

I've contacted him several times since Tuesday, but he has not replied to me. He's checked his messages though because all of my messages have left my outbox, and I know he has been online several times since then, even though in his latest post (posted 20 mins ago on Tuesday May 12th) he says that his computer broke and he's sorting through his PMs now (although he read my PMs within 24 hours of them being sent? And hasn't responded?)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=86035&p=169399#p169399

Most worrisome - he's reposted his list of stuff for sale/trade, and he hasn't edited it for the stuff we already agreed on, and in none of my PMs has he offered his mailing address or even his NAME. As an aside, he's posted the EXACT same list of items on some other site as well, Rogue Market.com

I'm not worried about being ripped off - I haven't sent anything. My concern is that he may be offering the same items to other people and getting them to ship first, so he can rip them off, or selling items so that people PayPal him first.

My big advice to all current Btowners - do NOT send to Dead Memories first. Make him ship to you first before you send him anything, including Cash/Paypal.

The rest of this thread is my PM log of all my messages with Dead Memories.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me, but keep in mind, he has very cleverly avoided giving me his mailing address, or even his name! All I know is that he resides in Newcastle, United Kingdom.

Sincerely,
Asif
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: H:Crimson Fists, Iron Warriors and Tyranids. W; PP Games

Sent: Fri May 08, 2009 5:14 pm
by Asif Chaudhry

Dead Memories wrote:Great, cheers. Will let you knwo there on there way on wednesday

Hey Dead Memories,

You've been reading all of my messages, but have not been replying, so I'm officially "concerned and worried" that you may be a scammer of some type.

If I do not hear from you within 24 hours of reading my message, I'll assume you are Backing out of our agreement and will post all of the PMs we have exchanged (including this one) to the Backout forum.

I will also post a warning on the "possible bad trader" list at Rogue Market.com, where I see you have been posting the exact same list of stuff for sale/trade (including the items you supposedly already shipped to me on Tuesday, May 5th).

Sincerely,
Asif Chaudhry

Sent: Fri May 08, 2009 2:08 pm
by Asif Chaudhry

Dead Memories wrote:Great, cheers. Will let you knwo there on there way on wednesday

So......I haven't heard from you in a couple of days. Is there a problem? Have the minis been shipped yet?

And also, what is your name and address? I still need it to pack up your minis. Besides, I can't keep calling you "Hey....you!" :)

Thanks,
-AC

Sent: Wed May 06, 2009 12:43 pm
by Asif Chaudhry

Hey there - so just curious if the Centurius/Drop Pod/Thunderfire cannon have been posted yet?

Also, what's your full mailing address so I can get your stuff packed up and ready to ship?

Thanks,
-AC

* Quote Dead Memories

Sent: Sat May 02, 2009 4:22 pm
by Dead Memories
Great, cheers. Will let you knwo there on there way on wednesday

Sent: Sat May 02, 2009 4:05 pm
by Asif Chaudhry

Dead Memories wrote:Hello mate. Sorry about the delay in replying have been really ill, so didnt get to post office. Will be getting shipped out Tuesday as there is a bank holiday on Monday. Sorry to ask again but my pms seem to be disappearing. What the trades again?

Sorry to hear you've been ill, hope you are feeling better.

Anyways, on Tuesday you are shipping out:

-Centurius
- Drop Pod
- Thunderfire Cannon

And when I receive those, I'll mail to you:

- Limited ed. Haley
- Khador Box set
- Butcher of Khardov
- Reinholdt

Thanks much, and looking forward to completing this trade.

Cheers,
-AC

* Quote Dead Memories

Sent: Sat May 02, 2009 2:55 pm
by Dead Memories
Hello mate. Sorry about the delay in replying have been really ill, so didnt get to post office. Will be getting shipped out Tuesday as there is a bank holiday on Monday. Sorry to ask again but my pms seem to be disappearing. What the trades again?

Sent: Fri May 01, 2009 3:31 am
by Asif Chaudhry

Dead Memories wrote:Not a problem, i wont be able to shp til friday though as i dont get paid til then. When then comes ill let you know details and all that

Hey there - just checking in to see if we are still on track for this trade and if you are shipping out today.

Let me know, thanks!
-AC

Sent: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:42 pm
by Asif Chaudhry

Dead Memories wrote:Not a problem, i wont be able to shp til friday though as i dont get paid til then. When then comes ill let you know details and all that

Hey DM,

The only thing I ask is that the next time you update your posting, please put a PENDING next to Centurius, the Thunderfire, and the drop pod.

Thanks!
-AC

Sent: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:57 pm
by Asif Chaudhry

Not a problem - I can wait until then.

Thanks for the trade,
-AC

* Quote Dead Memories

Sent: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:55 pm
by Dead Memories
Not a problem, i wont be able to shp til friday though as i dont get paid til then. When then comes ill let you know details and all that

Sent: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:47 pm
by Asif Chaudhry

Dead Memories wrote:A shoebox lol. I can guarantee its built as it should be 14 years of model making do you well. I looked at teh sheet onhow to build it and discovered thankfully by not following that sheet i built it right as the how to build sheet actually tells you the wrong way.

\\\\yes GW stuff is far over priced for what it is, as unfortunate as it is.

Yes the trade sounds good

Cool - sounds like we have a deal.

Since your Btown rating is currently a brand new 0, I'd ask that you ship first.

Please mail the Centurius, Drop Pod, and Thunderfire to:

Asif Chaudhry
Apt #1
1319 Hanshaw Rd
Ithaca, NY 14850-2728

As soon as you pm me back your mailing address, I'll box up my half of the deal and wait for your stuff to arrive.

Thanks much,
-AC

* Quote Dead Memories

Sent: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:10 pm
by Dead Memories
A shoebox lol. I can guarantee its built as it should be 14 years of model making do you well. I looked at teh sheet onhow to build it and discovered thankfully by not following that sheet i built it right as the how to build sheet actually tells you the wrong way.

\\\\yes GW stuff is far over priced for what it is, as unfortunate as it is.

Yes the trade sounds good

Sent: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:59 pm
by Asif Chaudhry

Dead Memories wrote:how limited is the haley model?

the drop pod is fair

reindholt as in the blister rhindholt as thats the only one i can see or is there something im missing as hes not worth even a quarter of the cannon

Oh dear - the formating on my last post went away.

For your:

Thunderfire + Drop Pod.

I was offering my:

Khador Box set + Butcher of Khardov + Reinholdt.

Sound a little better? :mrgreen:

Retail wise, it's slanted a tiny bit my way ($75 of marine stuff vs my $71) but I think that gets balanced out by:

1.) Your drop pod as crimson fist stuff on it, plus I still haven't seen a pics of it, so it might not be assembled too well. That last "assembled" drop pod I traded for came to me in a shoe box (no joke!), missing a couple of small pieces, and looking like a 10 yr old tried to glue it together. So I'm a little leary of "assembled" stuff from other people

2.) The Thunderfire is grossly over priced - $45 for ONE lousy cannon and 1 techmarine? GW really stinks.

3.) Whereas the Khador Box set is an awesome deal - 2 $30 Heavy Warjacks and an $8 warcaster, for $50? All the warmachine starter boxes are good, and I'm offering retail trade, so only $50, not the $68 it's actually worth. Throw in the fact that I expert assembled the jacks and Sorscha (including pinning the heavy arms and legs in place for super extra strength and support), and I think you're getting a pretty good deal.

The Haley is super limited - you only got one if you ordered No Quarter Magazine #1 through your local game store, and it has long since been unavailable. And this one is still sealed in the original blister I got it in.

Anyways, let me know if you're interested.

-AC

* Quote Dead Memories

Sent: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:42 pm
by Dead Memories
how limited is the haley model?

the drop pod is fair

reindholt as in the blister rhindholt as thats the only one i can see or is there something im missing as hes not worth even a quarter of the cannon

Sent: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:34 pm
by Asif Chaudhry
Okay - how about:

for your: my:

Centurius Limited Haley

Drop Pod Butcher of Khardov
+ Khador Box set
Thunderfire Reinholdt Speculator

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks!
-AC

Dead Memories wrote:These are my main interests

ESCALATION rulebook
APOTHEOSIS rulebook

Cygnar Captain Victoria Haley / Variant pose (was the 1st No Quarter magazine promo) (new, in blister)

Khador Box set (2 heavy jacks and warcaster, expert assembled, primed black for jacks, white for warcaster. Box incl)
5x Khador Man O War (expert assembled with multiple pins, 3 primed black)
Butcher of Khardov (expert assembled, unpainted)

Arquebus Jonne and Herne Stoneground (assembled, primed white)
Reinholdt, Gobber speculator (assembled, primed white)

* Quote Dead Memories

Sent: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:20 pm
by Dead Memories
These are my main interests

ESCALATION rulebook
APOTHEOSIS rulebook

Cygnar Captain Victoria Haley / Variant pose (was the 1st No Quarter magazine promo) (new, in blister)

Khador Box set (2 heavy jacks and warcaster, expert assembled, primed black for jacks, white for warcaster. Box incl)
5x Khador Man O War (expert assembled with multiple pins, 3 primed black)
Butcher of Khardov (expert assembled, unpainted)

Arquebus Jonne and Herne Stoneground (assembled, primed white)
Reinholdt, Gobber speculator (assembled, primed white)

Sent: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:09 pm
by Asif Chaudhry

Dead Memories wrote:Yes the techmarine comes with the cannon. Ive had to clear a lot of my PM`s. If its not too much trouble could yougive me the list again please

Here you go!

- PRIME rulebook
- ESCALATION rulebook
- APOTHEOSIS rulebook

- **** Cygnar Captain Victoria Haley / Variant pose (was the 1st No Quarter magazine promo) (new, in blister)

- Menoth High Reclaimer (expert assembled with multiple pins, unpainted)

- Khador Box set (2 heavy jacks and warcaster, expert assembled, primed black for jacks, white for warcaster. Box incl)
- 5x Khador Man O War (expert assembled with multiple pins, 3 primed black)
- Butcher of Khardov (expert assembled, unpainted)

- 4x blister of Trollkin Mercs (3x NIB, 1x loose but otherwise new)
- Arquebus Jonne and Herne Stoneground (assembled, primed white)
- Reinholdt, Gobber speculator (assembled, primed white)

* Quote Dead Memories

Sent: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:36 pm
by Dead Memories
Yes the techmarine comes with the cannon. Ive had to clear a lot of my PM`s. If its not too much trouble could yougive me the list again please

Sent: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:29 pm
by Asif Chaudhry

Dead Memories wrote:All the marine stuff is available. Centurious and the drop pod are built and undercoated black.
If i can get a cam off someone i can get pics

Fair enough - in the meantime, lets start some bartering.

How much and what of my PP stuff would you like for:

- Centurious
- Drop Pod
- Thunderfire cannon (I assume this is complete with Techmarine and all parts?)

Let me know and lets get the ball rolling!

-AC

* Quote Dead Memories

Sent: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:09 pm
by Dead Memories
All the marine stuff is available. Centurious and the drop pod are built and undercoated black.
If i can get a cam off someone i can get pics

Sent: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:04 pm
by Asif Chaudhry

Dead Memories wrote:Hello mate, Yes id be interested in trading. The fex`s are built and undercoated black

Cool. But what about the Marine stuff, especially the Centurius and drop pod? I put my list in order of what I really want, and the Carnifi are near the bottom (especially since they are already built - do you have pictures of them?)

Let me know what marine stuff from my list is still available, and what condition they are in, and we'll start bartering from there.

Thanks!
-AC

* Quote Dead Memories

Sent: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:37 pm
by Dead Memories
Hello mate, Yes id be interested in trading. The fex`s are built and undercoated black

Sent: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:24 am
by Asif Chaudhry
Hey there!

I'm interested in a bunch of your stuff, especially:

- Centurious
- 1 drop pod with CF markings (it has markings - is it painted? or assembled? primed black? let me know)
- thunderfire cannon (what condition?)
- 5 metal Sternguard
- 5 metal Vanguard
- 3 Tyranid Carnifex (plastic - what condition?)
- 16 Hormagaunts

I've got a bunch of Privateer press stuff:

- PRIME rulebook
- ESCALATION rulebook
- APOTHEOSIS rulebook

- **** Cygnar Captain Victoria Haley / Variant pose (was the 1st No Quarter magazine promo) (new, in blister)

- Menoth High Reclaimer (expert assembled with multiple pins, unpainted)

- Khador Box set (2 heavy jacks and warcaster, expert assembled, primed black for jacks, white for warcaster. Box incl)
- 5x Khador Man O War (expert assembled with multiple pins, 3 primed black)
- Butcher of Khardov (expert assembled, unpainted)

- 4x blister of Trollkin Mercs (3x NIB, 1x loose but otherwise new)
- Arquebus Jonne and Herne Stoneground (assembled, primed white)
- Reinholdt, Gobber speculator (assembled, primed white)

Let me know if you're interested in trading.

Thanks!
-AC

Subject: H:Crimson Fists, Iron Warriors and Tyranids. W; PP Games
Asif Chaudhry ( 346 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Backout and possible bad trader warning - Dead Memories

Post by Asif Chaudhry »

Apologies for double post - apparently I can't delete messages in this particular forum?

-Asif
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Fixed double post.

Also, just like the Bad Trade Forum, members cannot edit or delete posts here.

-Porkuslime
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
Asif Chaudhry ( 346 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Asif Chaudhry »

Ah, okay, thanks for the correction porkuslime.

-Asif
Dead Memories ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Dead Memories »

To anyone that wants to trade with me. The reaosn i seem to be blacklisted on here is i havent been on as my comp has been borke for some time. The deals that have been done i know have arrived and will be getting positive feedback soon i hope as soon as i have there items like they have mine. I know it does not look good. But again if i cant get on then i cant do anything. I have been using my work computer which i shouldnt be but hey. I also have been using friends comps as well but only when i can. I now have a new laptop and will be answering PM`s shortly. Though in some cases a deal will be off
Asif Chaudhry ( 346 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Asif Chaudhry »

Well, I'm glad you have a new Laptop.

So, since you are online now, how about you answer a simple question - what is your full name (first and last)?

Care to share? Mine is Asif Chaudhry, in case you were wondering, and I'll assume that our deal is one of the ones that is "off".

Which is fine - as long as I know who you are - I'm sure there are other people who would like to know too.
PauloF ( 96 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by PauloF »

i'm still waiting for a reply on my deal as well!

will be looking fw to your PM.

thanks

Paulo
I live in São Paulo - Brazil. Happy to cover differences on shipping cost if the deal is good :)

When trading I follow traditional (but not enforced or endorsed) Btown rules: lower rating ships first, Paypal and USPS shipment (Priority)

References I'm owned: stnyhan
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Dead Memories wrote:To anyone that wants to trade with me. The reaosn i seem to be blacklisted on here is i havent been on as my comp has been borke for some time. The deals that have been done i know have arrived and will be getting positive feedback soon i hope as soon as i have there items like they have mine. I know it does not look good. But again if i cant get on then i cant do anything. I have been using my work computer which i shouldnt be but hey. I also have been using friends comps as well but only when i can. I now have a new laptop and will be answering PM`s shortly. Though in some cases a deal will be off
So, would you please explain why you were choosing to ignore him and still post in the forums?
A backout accusation will NOT autonatically get you banned here or anything, but it does look very poorly on you, and makes the staff suspicious.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Dead Memories ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Dead Memories »

i havent posted in the forums for a while which is why none have been updated as of yet. So where i went into my threads i have no idea. Ill be getting them sorted al tomorrow and pms will be answered then as well
Asif Chaudhry ( 346 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Asif Chaudhry »

Dead Memories wrote:i havent posted in the forums for a while which is why none have been updated as of yet. So where i went into my threads i have no idea. Ill be getting them sorted al tomorrow and pms will be answered then as well
And yet - you sent me the following PM on Sat, May 2nd:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Delete message
* Quote message

Sent: Sat May 02, 2009 4:22 pm
To: Asif Chaudhry
Great, cheers. Will let you knwo there on there way on wednesday
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then on Sunday May 3rd, you posted an "updated" for sale list, with all the stuff you were supposed to be sending me on it. And on Tuesday May 5th, you posted a reply to Fool Injected's thread asking him if he wanted anything from your list.

Additionally, there have been several times, including May 8th, where you have been logged on and reading the boards, and reading ALL the PMs I sent to you asking for your name and information and an update on whether you had shipped the items we had agreed on (all those PMs left my outbox, indicating you had opened and read them all). And yet, no response.

So, Magikal's post still stands - why do you refuse to reply to my PMs for information, and WHY do you refuse to tell me (or PauloF, whom I've also talked to and whom you were also planning on selling stuff to) your name or shipping info?

-Asif Chaudhry
PauloF ( 96 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by PauloF »

long story short mate - you are being given an excellent opportunity to prove we are judging you poorly. Answer your pending PM's (BTW you could perfectly use the time you are taking to excuse yourself to get those PM's answered and the pictures you owe me - but that's just me) get your box on the move and stop placing yourself in the middle of "complicated situations" and broken laptops!!

I was on your shoes - the no ref one - not long ago, i fought my way and i'm doing ok for a overseas trader - what about yourself?

Paulo
I live in São Paulo - Brazil. Happy to cover differences on shipping cost if the deal is good :)

When trading I follow traditional (but not enforced or endorsed) Btown rules: lower rating ships first, Paypal and USPS shipment (Priority)

References I'm owned: stnyhan
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Paulo... I'm going to need to ask you to step back from this one.

Feel free to read the thread, and ask any questions pertinent to the intial post, but please don't post any comments or questions about a deal you may or may not have pending with Dead Memories. At this time, your experiences are immaterial to THIS report.

If you feel you have enough evidence for your own report, however, please feel free to create one.

Thanks.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
gwaddict ( 664 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by gwaddict »

Hope its okay to tack this on to the thread.

I also have a established trade with Dead Memories, sadly a few of the items appear to be contained in this trade. I will give him a day or two to respond to my PMs and give him a chance to let me know that he is in fact completing his part of the trade. If not then I will file my own back out. Good luck with your deal.
Rules
1. I do my best to communicate & ship in a timely matter & expect the same
2. If you or I back out of a trade expect the other to post so in the b/o forum etc, if thats not okay then I am not your man to trade with
3. An offer of "$25" for an item does not include s&h if you are not okay with actual shipping charges from the USPS on top of that then say "$25 incl s&h".. simple enough..
4. Please be polite, leave feedback
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

What you tacked on is fine because you're making no accusations and part of your post (that there are similar items in BOTH deals) supports potential problems that the OP is having.

Thanks.

Eric

Asif Chaudhry ( 346 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Asif Chaudhry »

MagickalMemories wrote:What you tacked on is fine because you're making no accusations and part of your post (that there are similar items in BOTH deals) supports potential problems that the OP is having.

Thanks.

Eric
This is mainly directed at Paulo and Gwaddict, but also for anyone else reading this thread and believing they have a trade set up with Dead Memories.

The items I was to have traded from Dead Memories was the following:

- 1 drop pod with Crimson Fist markings
- thunderfire cannon
- Sgt. Centurius

If anyone else has had a trade where they were planning to trade or buy for 1 or more of these above items, I strongly STRONGLY suggest that you make whatever attempt to PM Dead Memories that you feel comfortable with, but then as soon as those efforts are done, please post a Backout trader report (or god forbid if you actually already sent money or minis to this guy) a Bad Trader report.

The more reports and information that the Btown staff has, the more quickly they can identify that there is a serious problem and take action.

-Asif Chaudhry

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”