Deadbeat/Backout: the_trader

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Deadbeat/Backout: the_trader

Post by starslayer »

Why should he reply now? He got what he wanted.
He already landed a fish & now has your money.

File with Paypal now.
Post this guys address/name/etc. so nobody else gets ripped-off.
Start your own thread if you didnt do so already.
Call his authorities & press it as far as you can.
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

Hopefully, you paid via credit card, so you can chargeback in case PayPal doesn't do anything.
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
LEGION ( 16 )
Trade Novice

Post by LEGION »

Get a chargeback and remember to ALWAYS check the bad trader/backout forums BEFORE trading. I have a low number but I have been on these boards for a long time now and I have seen a lot of crap deals. This one and mine smelled fishy as soon as it started. Both were "to good to be true" type deals. As soon as I said you ship first BAMN! total communication halt.

Don't forget to leave BAD feedback and hopefully the mods will ban this guy and every account associated with him. I am now fairly convinced this guy was running a con.
Get in the Game!
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

JohnHwangBT wrote:Hopefully, you paid via credit card, so you can chargeback in case PayPal doesn't do anything.
if paypal doesn't get you money back, which is what happens with scammers, your charge card company won't do anything.
as far as they are concerned, you agreed to paypal, so they did.
what paypal did with the money is between you and them.

i know, i had it happen on ebay and with another online sale for computer software. [it ended being hacked software and paypal didn't care because, that's what the seller said, software. [not hacked software.]
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
the_trader ( -34 )
New Trader

Post by the_trader »

i'm in talks with a fellow BTer to help moderate all the probelsm as i have been simply overloaded and were working on sovling this problem
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

@kutrock: That's a change from before. CC companies could get money back from PP.

Oh, well, all the more reason to avoid eBay / PayPal.

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Dunno how far back 'before' is. I had the problem about 8 years ago... i've been a member there and ebay since 1999..and about the same time here.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
LadyAnara ( 58 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by LadyAnara »

if you will notice he has posted the exact same reply verbatim in all the threads about him....
It is kinda hard to trade when people don't reply to PMs or posts.
Please reply, lots of us want your stuff.
And besides it is the polite thing to do.

I only ship priority mail only and would like my trading partners to do the same.
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

The miracles of Cut n Paste..

We are aware.. Linrandir has told him to come up with better info quickly..

-Porkuslime
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

Its called STALLING for time. Dont be a chump.
File for refunds, fraud, chargebacks.
Bookwrack ( 44 )
BTown Regular

Post by Bookwrack »

LEGION wrote:and remember to ALWAYS check the bad trader/backout forums BEFORE trading
Well in this case there was nothing negative about him in the trouble boards, at least, not at that time. :-? For my deal, I figured at the worst I was out $35. We'll see what paypal has to say, although I bet it looks _really_ bad on the_trader's end if his account gets hit by multiple disputes within a couple of days.
These things happen.
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

Hello all:

Due to the sheer number of BTR and Deadbeat / Backout threads (8, as of this posting), I have compiled an index in the Hall of Shame:

the_trader in The Hall of Shame

When you see it all at once, it's like The Drop Zone or Ticknor all over again...

/John

(oh, yeah, I can cut-n-paste, too..)

jdubb ( 104 )
BTown Regular

Post by jdubb »

kelanen wrote:Well to be fair he does have 3 refs now, which all look genuine, so lets hope I'm jumping at shadows...
Two of the_trader's positive refs are from me and they are both legit. He bought two items from me, paid first via paypal, and I shipped the items. He was very communicative.
Btown Trader Refs: ref_view.php?user_id=11976
The Grey Knight ( 20 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by The Grey Knight »

jdubb wrote:
kelanen wrote:Well to be fair he does have 3 refs now, which all look genuine, so lets hope I'm jumping at shadows...
Two of the_trader's positive refs are from me and they are both legit. He bought two items from me, paid first via paypal, and I shipped the items. He was very communicative.
Ah great, then you should have his real address all of these other fellows need to track this guy down.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

The Grey Knight wrote:
jdubb wrote:
Ah great, then you should have his real address all of these other fellows need to track this guy down.
Only if they were included in with the PayPal payment. He might not have kept them, otherwise.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”