Saifb123- backout

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

sauronswill ( 44 )
Trade Novice

Saifb123- backout

Post by sauronswill »

Newb trader. Will waste much of your time asking for pics, committing to a trade, then backing out many days later (and likely for another deal he made after the fact).
sauronswill ( 44 )
Trade Novice

Re: Saifb123- backout

Post by sauronswill »

Saif123's PM sent: I can provide the whole thread for anyone interested.

Hello,

Sorry to have to do this and back out, but I do not want to trade my sisters anymore. I know this is backing out, so if you would like you can put me on the backouters list. I decided that I liked the Sisters more than Skaven when I was packing them. I know this is wrong of me, but I can't give up on them. Sorry abou tthis. I really do apologize.

Thanks
Saif
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

sauronswill wrote:Saif123's PM sent: I can provide the whole thread for anyone interested.

Dude...
RTFR.

You HAVE TO post the whole thread. If you don't, it's a rules violation and YOU end up being the one to get hammered by them.

Nobody wants that to happen (except, maybe, Saifb123 :lol: ). Please, post the complete details.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
saifb123 ( 14 )
BTown Regular

Post by saifb123 »

I did back out of this trade. I admit it. I know it was wrong and I don't deny the fact. The only reason I backed out on this trade and not many others I've made is that I realized that I couldn't part with my sisters even though I wanted Skaven. As I was packing them, I realized how goo dthey were to me as an army, and I had attachments. I accept any punishment that will be given.
sauronswill ( 44 )
Trade Novice

Post by sauronswill »

Saifb123 wrote:
Sure I'm up for it.

I've already done one trade, but I guess i'm lower so I'll have to send first right?

I'm in Canada, my address is:

Saif Beg
OntarioEDITED FOR CONTENT

Let me know your's and I'll send them your way. I'll put a tracking number on mine, so if could please put on your's I'd be grateful.

Thanks
Saif

He follows this up 4 days later with:

Hello,

Sorry to have to do this and back out, but I do not want to trade my sisters anymore. I know this is backing out, so if you would like you can put me on the backouters list. I decided that I liked the Sisters more than Skaven when I was packing them. I know this is wrong of me, but I can't give up on them. Sorry abou tthis. I really do apologize.

Thanks
Saifsaifb123
New Trader

My only concern was that this new trader seems to have backed after it was determined he/she/it was going to ship first. Handful of trades, doesnt want to ship first- that sound like any of the likelies that hit the bad trader list? I am disappointed that the trade did not go through, but they are just pieces of metal and plastic. I wanted to pay it forward for the other established members of the forum so that an experience like this (or worse) could have been prevented. Not looking to offend watchmen, or thumb my nose at established forum rules- I am just not as savvy at presenting all of this information because in the 4 years I have been trading on this forum, I have rarely had to do so.
saifb123 ( 14 )
BTown Regular

Post by saifb123 »

Considering that I've already traded with two people, one which I sent first because I was without any references and one where I paid money, I don't have a problem with doing things first. As I said before, it is a sentimental reason why I stopped trading. IronBrother and Duane (not this one, but one in Canada I traded Vampire Counts for 5th edition Wood Elves as per here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=70489) were the people I sent first too and I'm sure that they can account for my sending first.

I did not want to do any harm, I just couldn't send them away because of sentimental value to myself.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

Well, he did inform you he changed his mind & wasnt going to ship. So I seriously doubt its a scam. Its still a back-out & he deserves a negative. Not a good start at Bartertown. With a negative rating already, you are going to be shipping fuirst for a LLOOOOONNNNNGGGG time, if you can find anybody who will even deal with you.
saifb123 ( 14 )
BTown Regular

Post by saifb123 »

I would ask for the admins or for Sauron to remove my address. It is personal information and I see he has not posted his address as well.
saifb123 ( 14 )
BTown Regular

Post by saifb123 »

I don't see an edit feature, so sorry if I double post.

If my persoanl information can't be removed, I'll send you the sisters then. I do not want my address posted so that any other of my family members can be targetted.

If you accept, I'll send the sisters on Monday and post the tracking number here. I do apologize for this trouble.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

saifb123 wrote:I don't see an edit feature, so sorry if I double post.

If my persoanl information can't be removed, I'll send you the sisters then. I do not want my address posted so that any other of my family members can be targetted.

If you accept, I'll send the sisters on Monday and post the tracking number here. I do apologize for this trouble.
Targeted?? Give me a break. Now you are being a bit dramatic. Dont blow this up into something its not. No one is going to be targeted for anything. You made a mistake,now you get a smack on the hand. It happens. Move on.

Your name/address should stay in case another bad trade/back-out happens. Then we know its the same person. Do NOT try to start over with a new account. You will be found out & permanently banned.
npd_bigdaddy ( 348 )
Expert Trader

Post by npd_bigdaddy »

sauronswill wrote:I'm in Canada, my address is:

Saif Beg
Well, we did this once before in the another thread, so I will do it again. However, I feel that leaving your real name and at least origin is warranted, just as others have said, so that some track record can be estabilished.

That is as good of a deal as you're going to get as far as I"m concerned.

As neither party is in disagreement on this issue, if there is nothing further to be said, I will lock this thread in the next day or so.

Erik
saifb123 ( 14 )
BTown Regular

Post by saifb123 »

Thanks for that. As far as I'm concerned now, I'm not dealing anymore. Thanks
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

npd_bigdaddy wrote:
sauronswill wrote:I'm in Canada, my address is:

Saif Beg
Well, we did this once before in the another thread, so I will do it again. However, I feel that leaving your real name and at least origin is warranted, just as others have said, so that some track record can be estabilished.

That is as good of a deal as you're going to get as far as I"m concerned.

As neither party is in disagreement on this issue, if there is nothing further to be said, I will lock this thread in the next day or so.

Erik

Nicer than I'd have been, Erik. : )
Official policy is that it stays up.
Still, though. No harm no foul. Eh?

To the OP: thanks for posting the backout thread AND proof. You might want to consider a NEUTRAL instead of a negative. He didn't string you along, once he decided against it and was quite upfront about the whole situation. Most of the backouts just start avoiding contact with you and don't answer your PMs.

It is, technically, a suspicious action, that he canceled after being asked to ship first... but it could also be coincidental.

I can't MAKE you do anything, but I AM urging you consider a neutral instead of a negative. There is NO rule saying you MUST leave a negative... or even a neutral, for that matter.

Saifb123... I hope you reconsider leaving. One strike doesn't make you "untouchable." There are GOOD traders here with a few negatives to their (dis)credit.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

There lies a problem within the system. Doesnt he actually GAIN a point for a neutral ref?? Gaining for breaking a deal doesnt sound right.
vesrian ( 108 )
Resident Trader

Post by vesrian »

Neutral was changed to +0 a while ago.
I follow the generally accepted practice that the person with the lower rating ships first.
my references: click here

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”