Groo The Wanderer: Incomplete trade

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

ancientsociety ( 842 )
Millenium Trader

Groo The Wanderer: Incomplete trade

Post by ancientsociety »

I hate to do this but A) it's been over two months of waiting and I never received anything, B) it costed me another potential trade, and C) even though this is really not a bad trade per se (I cancelled after nearly 6 weeks of waiting) I want Groo to realise that his delays and nondeliveyr of items was wrong....

To: ancientsociety
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:47 pm
Subject: Descent of angels
Hi there

Well, I have 16k+ of Dark angels so loads of parts, marines from all editions, and whole models etc. Right now I have too many plasma cannon gunners, couple vets, DA parts like cencors and such from the army sets. Does that help? I think the book is about £8, but would be willing to trade in your favor

Cheers
Lee

----

To: Groo The Wanderer
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:39 am
Subject: Re: Descent of angels
Well I could use some DA plastic robed bodies and such. Do you have any of the old Mk1-5 or whatver SM bodies from 2nd ed?

----

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:13 am
ancientsociety wrote:
Well I could use some DA plastic robed bodies and such. Do you have any of the old Mk1-5 or whatver SM bodies from 2nd ed?

Hi there

I dont have any robed bodies spare, but I have the mk I metal marine bodies from late 80's to 90's. How many did you need?

Cheers
Lee

----

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:06 am
Sorry for the delay in replying. New job started this week and today was my bday so jusy terribly busy. How about 1 Mk1 mini, 1 Plasma Cannon SM, and a few plastic DA bitz (I could especially use that Censer if you still have one or two) for the novel??

----

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:32 pm
ancientsociety wrote:
Sorry for the delay in replying. New job started this week and today was my bday so jusy terribly busy. How about 1 Mk1 mini, 1 Plasma Cannon SM, and a few plastic DA bitz (I could especially use that Censer if you still have one or two) for the novel??

Happy Bday!

Okay, cool. I'll send you the plasma cannon SM, lots of DA bits, and a couple mk1 mini's Do you have any preferences? If so shoot me a pic and I'll send it

My address is

----

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:57 pm
Groo The Wanderer wrote:

Thanks.

Do I have a preference as far as the DA bitz? not really, but a censer or one of the backpacks would be appreciated. It's mostly for a DA SM in my Deathwatch unit.

----

Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:04 pm
Hi there

Sorry for the delay, the package is now in the post cheers
and let me know when you get it

----

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:24 pm
Just curious whether you;ve sent this out yet as I have yet to receive it and it's been some time since we agreed to trade.

If you haven't sent this yet, please don't bother.

----

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:47 pm

Hi again

yes the bits went out yesterday. I've been doing loads of overtime and just getting to a post office was hard they have screwed up times here... sorry

Cheers again
Lee

----

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:11 pm
I still haven't received the bits. I've placed two orders from the UK, both before and after you last said you sent this (June 12 or 13), and I have received both of them.

So, either they are held up in customs (a little unlikely), or you've yet to send them. If it's the former, I'll wait a few more days.

If it's the latter, please be honest and let me know and I will end this trade. However, I will post a backout report as it's been quite awhile since we agreed to this and I've been extremely patient.

----

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:13 pm

Hi there

I'll go see what I can find out, but as a good will gesture, consider them a gift. I'll source the book from aberdeen when I go next, sorry. Comes from being out in the middle of nowhere here. I'll PM you with an update soon.

Cheers

Please note that twice he says the items have been sent out (May 25th and June 13th), I haven't rec'd anything (and I made two separate orders from webstores in the UK on 6/12 & 6/15 and have already rec'd both).
Trading Guidelines:
1. Lower rating ships first - even if I am purchasing.
2. If you agree to buy something, you have 72hrs. in which to pay. If payment is not received in 72hrs., I will automatically post a Non-Payment/Backout thread.
3. Refs are left upon positive receipt of goods, NEVER beforehand!
4. I accept Paypal & USPS money orders and charge for shipping AT COST. I make no profit from it.
5. I trade NIB/new models at retail.
Lord_Nagash ( 220 )
Necrosurgeon General

Re: Groo The Wanderer: Incomplete trade

Post by Lord_Nagash »

Have you received anything from this member yet. Curious because what you are posting is actually a bad trade and should be in the BTR. This member has another BTR on him and it is starting to be a pattern.
USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Fraud Center

Kevin

Lower rating, you ship first. I always leave feedback, appreciate the same in return.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

You do realize that some people can't see the BTR forum?
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
Lord_Nagash ( 220 )
Necrosurgeon General

Post by Lord_Nagash »

The bad trader forum is open to everyone. I was saying he should post this info in the bad trader forum.
USPS Mail Fraud

Kevin

Lower rating, you ship first. I always leave feedback, appreciate the same in return.

Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

You mean once it is back up? As of right now, I can't see it on the main index page and can't bring it up in the drop down menu at the bottom of a forum. How can you post something in the Bad Trader forum when you can't even see it? Or is it just me having this problem?
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

Ironhide wrote:You do realize that some people can't see the BTR forum?
I informed Groo of this thread in his BTR thread. He replies there to defend himself. Wether he can see this or not makes no difference, proof has been shown. Btown is going to be quirky awhile, we cant help that.
Groo The Wanderer ( 34 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Groo The Wanderer »

starslayer wrote:
Ironhide wrote:You do realize that some people can't see the BTR forum?
I informed Groo of this thread in his BTR thread. He replies there to defend himself. Wether he can see this or not makes no difference, proof has been shown. Btown is going to be quirky awhile, we cant help that.
Hello

As for this it was first A> not a trade as I told AncientSociety to keep his book that I would send the bits as a gift and B> I posted it and that was it. I do not have the bits, I told him it was sent, and I was not looking for anything in return. So for him to get upset is a bit much.

Re: Descent of angels
Sent at: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:13 pm

ancientsociety wrote:
I still haven't received the bits. I've placed two orders from the UK, both before and after you last said you sent this (June 12 or 13), and I have received both of them.

So, either they are held up in customs (a little unlikely), or you've yet to send them. If it's the former, I'll wait a few more days.

If it's the latter, please be honest and let me know and I will end this trade. However, I will post a backout report as it's been quite awhile since we agreed to this and I've been extremely patient.

Hi there

I'll go see what I can find out, but as a good will gesture, consider them a gift. I'll source the book from aberdeen when I go next, sorry. Comes from being out in the middle of nowhere here. I'll PM you with an update soon.

Cheers
Complete 110 Terminator Deathwing Company
Ravenwing 6 Full Attack Squadrons, 3 full Support Squadrons
3 LRC Armoured Spearhead,
3 Vindicator Linebreaker Squadron,
4 Whirlwind Suppression Force,
5 Dreadnought Ancients Assault Force
2 Scibor Dark Angel Sculpts

Not to be confused with The Mendicant my son
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

No offense Groo- but it started as a trade. You agreed to a deal. Problems arose, things got delayed, whatever...THEN it became a "gift" to make up for the troubles. Thats what I see from the messages posted.
Lord_Nagash ( 220 )
Necrosurgeon General

Post by Lord_Nagash »

May be a problem on your end. I can see the bad trader forum just fine. and Groo, it was a trade and that is why it should be put in the bad trader forum.
USPS Mail Fraud

Kevin

ancientsociety ( 842 )
Millenium Trader

Post by ancientsociety »

Groo, this was a trade from the beginning. There's ample proof in my initial post to back that up.

You only changed this to a gift after I called you out multiple times to post proof that the package was sent. BTW, it's been a good month since you (supposedly) sent your "gift" and I've yet to receive it. Regardless of how "remote" your area of the UK may be, there's no way a package of tiny parts valued less than $10 from the UK would take a month.

It's not so much that I'm personally upset I didn't get some bitz, I'm more upset because I took that item off my trade list for nearly 2 months waiting for you to ship or give me some proof that shipment was done. That detracts not only from my trade bait but from the community as a whole, especially if someone really wanted it during that time. It's not always about you or me.
Trading Guidelines:
1. Lower rating ships first - even if I am purchasing.
2. If you agree to buy something, you have 72hrs. in which to pay. If payment is not received in 72hrs., I will automatically post a Non-Payment/Backout thread.
3. Refs are left upon positive receipt of goods, NEVER beforehand!
4. I accept Paypal & USPS money orders and charge for shipping AT COST. I make no profit from it.
5. I trade NIB/new models at retail.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”