Salix060907

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Xanathon ( 12 )
Trade Novice

Salix060907

Post by Xanathon »

We agreed on the price for my figures. He stated that he would use Paypal and then backed out.
beowulfdahunter ( 196 )
Expert Trader

Post by beowulfdahunter »

Since you are about to get gangbanged on by a bunch of forumites let me be the first. YOU NEED TO SHOW PROOF! Expect to get this post nuked along with your account for a month.
Snowdog ( 54 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Snowdog »

little edgy beo?! try some decaf

xan; you'll need to save your e-mails detailing the proposed trade, then post them in a bad trade/dead beat thread.

go re-read the rules, or look at some similar threads.
it's pretty simple
good luck
No pics; You send 1st
Lower feedback; you send 1st

durbin09 on E-bay :)
Xanathon ( 12 )
Trade Novice

Post by Xanathon »

beowulfdahunter wrote:Since you are about to get gangbanged on by a bunch of forumites let me be the first. YOU NEED TO SHOW PROOF! Expect to get this post nuked along with your account for a month.
Nice choice of wording on this. Let me guess you are an English major in college?

Snowdog,

Thanks for the info. I have the PM's saved and I will post them.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

When you post them, go ahead and post them right here, in this thread.
No use in starting a new one and, since it's a back out, it no longer belongs in the Bad Traders forum.

I suggest leaving him an appropriate reference, as well. It shows a pattern if they do it regularly and, though not a guarantee, it can be indicative of someone who's fishing around to scam people. A ref stating that they backed out of an agreed upon trade is the most effective way to track it.

Your options are negative or neutral... as I doubt you want to leave him a positive reference. A negative will sock him with a -10 hit to his rating and a neutral will not change his rating at all. It simply makes an entry into his ref list. IMO, neutral is best for this, but it is up to you to decide.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

This post would have been locked a day ago, but this subforum is relatively new and admin forgot to allow moderation on this forum, so I am powerless *laughs*
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
Adunaphel ( 810 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Adunaphel »

Yeah, the OP is a little late on the showing of proof thingie...

Beowulf has it right. I believe this guy is about ready for a vacation.

I guess when Linrandir gets his carrier pidgeons up and flying again, this thread will meet up with the banhammer.

BTW, Eric were you in a happy mood when you posted here. You kind of let this Bartertowner off a little easier than most.

Karl
My Bartertown References.

"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

This is all that needs to be said.
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”