Posting Rules for This Forum - READ BEFORE POSTING!!!

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Posting Rules for This Forum - READ BEFORE POSTING!!!

Post by Linrandir »

viewtopic.php?t=45472

Why yes, they are the same as for the Bad Trader Forum. FOLLOW THEM.
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Thanks for this, Lin. I think it's a nice addition.
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

I envision this getting out of hand fast...

:D
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
robh ( 96 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by robh »

I think it is a great idea to list these people, but do think there needs to be a clear guide on how long has to pass after email or PM receipt before accepting that it has fallen through/been abandoned by the other person.

I have one currently that I am certain has been backed out, I have not heard any response to a PM 2 weeks ago (now in my sent box) and have sent another last week which is still awaiting receipt in my outbox.

With all the things that could happen to stop a person getting on here/completing a deal I think at least 14 days is the minimum time that must elapse before posting here.
Shirokuma ( 292 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Shirokuma »

insidius wrote:I envision this getting out of hand fast...

:D
Yessireebob
-- Shirokuma
Owe trade references to: No one!
Owed trade references from: AgeofEgos; bradpreston52
J35T3R.us ( 86 )
Resident Trader

Post by J35T3R.us »

HAHAHAHAH I can't wait to see the first post in this thread hahahahah!!!
Warmachine H/W List: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=171984
kbolster12345 ( 350 )
Expert Trader

Post by kbolster12345 »

I think it's a good idea. It lets people know if someone has a history of not seriosuly inquring to posts.
If I don't get what I think I am getting you will be sending me money for me to ship it back to you. So be very certain I know what I am getting.

Also more of what I don't want doesn't make up for not getting what I agreed upon.

Either will result in negative feedback, posting of our records in the appropriate section of bartertown, and possible mailfruad. Otherwise don't trade with me.
emporikos ( 12 )
BTown Regular

Post by emporikos »

I agree this is a good place to have, I cannot tell you how many people I have had back out without even a NTY. If I even got that I would be happy.
Cygnar is like that one kid from Captain Planet who got 'heart' for a power.
nosirrahkcaz ( 110 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by nosirrahkcaz »

Im not sure I like this new forum, I hate people who never respond as much as the next person, but I see this turning into a place to call names and slander
jlong05 ( 200 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jlong05 »

nosirrahkcaz wrote:Im not sure I like this new forum, I hate people who never respond as much as the next person, but I see this turning into a place to call names and slander
Never responding is not the same thing. This is for those that agree to a trade, but never actually ship or pay. Its when neither party is out anything but time wasted, but an agreement was reached.

Or am I missing the boat for this new topic area?
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.

- Finally, if you complete a trade with me, you also agree that MagickalMemories will send me a free grot in the mail.
J35T3R.us ( 86 )
Resident Trader

Post by J35T3R.us »

Yeah you got it...

I just think that references speak for themselves, maybe add a second number beside the ref number in RED posting your neutral and negative ref scores?
Last edited by J35T3R.us on Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
MEDEVL ( 362 )
Expert Trader

Post by MEDEVL »

Look folks, it's a simple as this. If you don't feel that backouts are a problem or they don't bother you that much don't post anything here. While I personally feel that you are doing a dis-service to the trading community with that stance it's your choice and I'll respect it. If you honor all of your deals and don't leave people hanging then you have nothing to worry about, the burden of proof will protect you from false claims so just keep your actions above the bar.
The only people that should be against this forum are the ones who will be called out by all of the people they are screwing over with their backouts and deal breaking. If that doesn't describe you then I don't see what everybody is so worried about. If it does describe you then I'll be glad to see you labelled for what you are so I can avoid you and your ilk who are ruining this site in my opinion. For years my experiences here were great for the most part but the last couple of years there have been a huge influx of miscreants and scammers who not only add nothing to the site but drive away decent people with their thievery and misdeeds. I for one am sick of it and am glad to see this forum in the hopes that it is a step in the right direction.
If this sounds harsh or offends you I'm sorry, but it's time the pool got some serious chlorine treatment. Thanks Lin for adding this I hope it has the desired results. I do hope that people continue to leave bad feedback as well as that is the much easier way to check a person's rep around here.
The believer is happy, the doubter is wise.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

J35T3R.us wrote:
jlong05 wrote:
nosirrahkcaz wrote:Im not sure I like this new forum, I hate people who never respond as much as the next person, but I see this turning into a place to call names and slander
Never responding is not the same thing. This is for those that agree to a trade, but never actually ship or pay. Its when neither party is out anything but time wasted, but an agreement was reached.

Or am I missing the boat for this new topic area?

You're missing the boat...

Anything actually against the rules = bad trader.
This forum = anything JUST before they're considered "bad trader"

AKA: Examples:
Actually, you missed the boat on this one. JLong05 had it right.

This forum is for one thing.

You make a deal with a trader, the trader CONFIRMS (by deed or word) that the trade is final, then backs out.

IF you choose to leave a negative reference for that, you post your thread about it here (with all the proof requirements as per Bad Trader rules).

With one exception, all of your examples were wrong.

This was right:
Agree on trade, change mind, swap deals, agree on second trade, then back out, all of this before addresses are exchanged.
It was only right, however, because you stated that they agreed on a trade (twice, in this instance).
Address exchanging doesn't matter. It is strictly based on whether or not a deal had been reached.
Saying, "Sounds good to me. Send me your address," is an agreement to a trade.

All of your examples belong in the Bad Trader forum -if you decide to post a BTR on them-, except for one.
Just being a complete ASSHAT... Calling people bad traders, flaming them in their forums and threads... If you say my prices are bad, or continulously spam me with bad offers, ect ect... You're going here...
That one should get a PM to the Mods or Admins.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
peacemystic ( 720 )
Millenium Trader

q

Post by peacemystic »

MEDEVL wrote:Look folks, it's a simple as this. If you don't feel that backouts are a problem or they don't bother you that much don't post anything here. While I personally feel that you are doing a dis-service to the trading community with that stance it's your choice and I'll respect it. If you honor all of your deals and don't leave people hanging then you have nothing to worry about, the burden of proof will protect you from false claims so just keep your actions above the bar.
The only people that should be against this forum are the ones who will be called out by all of the people they are screwing over with their backouts and deal breaking. If that doesn't describe you then I don't see what everybody is so worried about. If it does describe you then I'll be glad to see you labelled for what you are so I can avoid you and your ilk who are ruining this site in my opinion. For years my experiences here were great for the most part but the last couple of years there have been a huge influx of miscreants and scammers who not only add nothing to the site but drive away decent people with their thievery and misdeeds. I for one am sick of it and am glad to see this forum in the hopes that it is a step in the right direction.
If this sounds harsh or offends you I'm sorry, but it's time the pool got some serious chlorine treatment. Thanks Lin for adding this I hope it has the desired results. I do hope that people continue to leave bad feedback as well as that is the much easier way to check a person's rep around here.
AMEN my fellow KEN-TUCK-IAN!
Trade or Sale lower rating ships first,comfirmation number given and expected apon postage.
"Don't be a jerk, feedback helps everyone.
Reply to PMs.
It's common courtesy."
J35T3R.us ( 86 )
Resident Trader

Post by J35T3R.us »

MEDEVL wrote: The only people that should be against this forum are the ones who will be called out by all of the people they are screwing over with their backouts and deal breaking.

Ummm... You just described a "bad trader."

This forum isn't for bad traders... its for backouts and deadbeats...

If you actually officially BACKOUT of a trade you are a "Bad Trader" and should be listed in the bad trader section...

Which is why I believe this forum need not be here since we already have a bad trader forum to report these people and we have REFERENCES to give to people who are just "decent traders" (aka "Neutral.")
MEDEVL wrote: If it does describe you then I'll be glad to see you labelled for what you are so I can avoid you and your ilk who are ruining this site in my opinion.
What gives you or anyone else the right to accuse someone of doing something? Like I said above, in a world of trust, accusations are king... If you have proof, they should be posted in the bad trader forum methinks.

MEDEVL wrote: For years my experiences here were great for the most part but the last couple of years there have been a huge influx of miscreants and scammers who not only add nothing to the site but drive away decent people with their thievery and misdeeds.
This forum is NOT the Bad Trader forum... If you are worried someone is scamming, or think they should be watched out for, they go there... It isn't fair to just say: "Watch out for So and So because I think he's a scammer...." WTF... If you KNOW someone is scamming, they go to the Bad Trader forum.
MEDEVL wrote: I for one am sick of it... ...but it's time the pool got some serious chlorine treatment... I do hope that people continue to leave bad feedback as well as that is the much easier way to check a person's rep around here.
You sound kinda' upset... But again, this is what references are for... We don't need a forum where people and tee-off with alligations and accusations... It will turn into a flaming slugfest... Nobody likes to be called a liar, and defending yourself in these forums may even make you look worse, even if you are completely innocent... Also, how does it look to the poster when they say: "This person is a backout and bad trader." And then all of a sudden 4-5 of the "accused" friend's and previous traders show up and reply saying "no he isn't" what then? It is ungoverned chaos... Mob-mentality... Scary... lol

My post was more to point out what belongs here and what doesn't. there needs to be a defined line drawn between this thread and the "bad trader" thread to not have these two labels blurred, mixed or crossed.

-Jest

*poof*
Last edited by J35T3R.us on Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”