Posting Rules for This Forum - READ BEFORE POSTING!!!

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

mrrshann618 ( 212 )
Expert Trader

Post by mrrshann618 »

Ok here is my problem with reading alot of the previous posts. This fourum seems fairly cut and dry to me. Here is why

You entered into a negotiation for a product or exchange of products. Both parties agree on fair trade/price and essentially exchange information needed to complete trade.

Trade is struck and should be followed.

Now one individual backs out. This negotiation cost me time, and possibly money, which could have been used to move said product or service somewhere else.
According to the rules when you "shook" on the deal you are obligated to follow through. You backed out, here is the warning thread with all the proof and ect...

My problem with "lowball offers"
The name of this place is BARTERtown
Barter = to negotiate or argue over the terms of a transaction

Lowball is the opening of a negotiation. If you feel offeneded your problem. There is no set $ value on used items. As stated before some people value that lime green Gremlin auto as a colector, some only look at it as parts. Each has a different virew of what it is worth.You personally havea problem with lowball offeres, then it is your problem. If I have a retail item that I want to get rid of and someone offers $3 for my $10 item, in intrests of getting rid of it HURRAY!!! its gone, now a different person may be offeneded by even someone suggesting $3 for that same item.

Lowballs are in the eye of the beholder. Any individual who has a problem with lowballs it is that individuals problem. Posting hypothetical lowballs left and right will do nothing but start witch hunts.

Remember one mans garbage is one mans treasure.

Misscommunications happen. This is generally English. English speakers cannot even get the language right. They happen. Now a simple "oh crap I mixed up addresses" happen. As a matter of fact it has happened a few times to me. You take that extra time to make things right and fix it. When the other individual is unwilling to fix it then it becomes a problem. Then, depending on the situation, it may even warrent a full BTR

Lastly on a personal note. If you do not look around and research your potential trader, your problem. If you do not click on that number before agreeing on the trade, your problem. I viewed this forum in the "The guy isn't bad enough to warrent a black mark, but if you wish to trade with the other guy, then here is common behavior (if listed). Never having a BTR doesn't mean the individual is never going to do it. It simply gives you the warm fuzzy feeling that you may be the first.
For every battle honor, a thousand heroes die alone, unsung and unremembered.
jlong05 ( 200 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jlong05 »

mrrshann618 wrote:My problem with "lowball offers"
The name of this place is BARTERtown
Barter = to negotiate or argue over the terms of a transaction

Lowball is the opening of a negotiation. If you feel offeneded your problem. There is no set $ value on used items. As stated before some people value that lime green Gremlin auto as a colector, some only look at it as parts. Each has a different virew of what it is worth.You personally havea problem with lowball offeres, then it is your problem. If I have a retail item that I want to get rid of and someone offers $3 for my $10 item, in intrests of getting rid of it HURRAY!!! its gone, now a different person may be offeneded by even someone suggesting $3 for that same item.

Lowballs are in the eye of the beholder. Any individual who has a problem with lowballs it is that individuals problem. Posting hypothetical lowballs left and right will do nothing but start witch hunts.
Amen!

I always remember this lesson when I use to deal in Comic Books. I had a great book that gave (values) to every Comic made, but when I went to see, I never could get those prices. Reason is, that is the suggested value, but its actual sale value, is simply what your buyer is willign to pay. Low ball offers happen. Heck, I probably have done this myself, either intentional or not. It simply depends on 'my' plans for the items. A SM Tac squad new is $35. Assembled and painted is generally valued less. If my plans is to cut the little guys in tiny pieces and use as terrain modelling for my Tyranid bases, they are worth even LESS to me as I won't actually 'play' wit the models and I NEVER pay full value for terrain.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.

- Finally, if you complete a trade with me, you also agree that MagickalMemories will send me a free grot in the mail.
Adunaphel ( 810 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Adunaphel »

I think it's good that we're discussing this as a community.

Let's try to make sure it keeps being civil so we don't have to lock the thread.

Thanks for the understanding guys.
And here I thought it had run downhill since my mentally challenged post earlier. After re-reading that hideous thing, I have imposed my right to change my mind.

Even if the world has you weary of the bad guys being venerated and the good guys being vilified, it does NOT mean that you give up doing the right thing. I had forgotten for a moment. Shame on me.

If you obviously back-out on a trade and don't even have the sense to let them know, then you deserve the public humiliation.

As for all this other stuff (low-balling, "Trade Good"), I am sorry Jester but I decided to use the Insidius Manual Ignore Feature TM. I am quite sure with your two or three weeks on the site, that you can show all us other folks the way...

As MM said, if you get low-balled, ignore it. Use the Insidius Manual Ignore Feature, or the IMIF :roll: . Although, Eric, weren't you on the other end of this argument in the past?

So, I guess what I am saying is, I am with those folks from my former state on this one. Medevl probably said it best. :)

Karl
My Bartertown References.

"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Wow.
I've never had a quote taken out of context twice in a row.
that's a new one for me.

The appropriate text to quote here is:
Jester, you're painting with a pretty wide brush for someone who's been here such a short time.

No offense intended, but you really should stick around a while to get a feel of how BTown runs before telling them how to fix it.
I made no judgements on anyone based on any perceived experience in trading (language & insensitivity are another criteria entirely, however). I was not, as accused, basing my statements on any lack of trading experience. It was based on a lack of experience HERE.
To use the example of going into town... It's probably not best to go into town and start yelling in the street about the merchants who overcharge, as is their right, and expext the town lawmakers to have them brought out & humiliated in public. If the lawmakers wanted something done about it, they'd have probably done something after being around so long.
Micromanagement = bad.

What is being labeled as micromanagement (BTR thread & backout thread) is merely a warning system for traders to use to avoid scammers and potential scammers. I will say again, The Admin staff has better things to do with their time than manage a bunch of whining about people who didn't offer enough $.
And this is the third time someone has brought up lowballing not being an issue... WTF said anything about reporting everyone who lowballs you.
You did... indirectly... You didn't say "everyone," but you made it clear that it should be a reportable offense.
J35T3R.us wrote:The only issue I have here is that a low-ball is a LOW-BALL reguardless...
Its up to the community to decide that. Post it in the "warning" section and see what they think...
J35T3R.us wrote:If someone lowballs you, ignore it, if they low ball you again say: "I said no to your first offer, this one is just as bad, no thanks." And if they low-ball you again in a couple weeks and you can remember their name... Post them in the "WARNING" thread...
What you don't seem to understand is that not everyone has the same tolerances. There are many people here (as is evidenced in the BTR forum) who jump the gun on assuming negativity. If annoying behavior were a reportable offense, almost all of us would have a thread on us.
I have specifically made sure that I covered all my bases in each of my replies, they are crafted very carefully to not get trapped or "asshatted" (not a bad word, don't be afraid)...
Since it's not based on the word JACKass (not a "bad" word), but the word ---HOLE ( a "bad" word)... it is actually a "bad" word... and you don't know me well enough to know the difference between fear and avoidance for me.
THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A LOW-BALLER and a "BACKEROUTTER"
There's a huge difference and -SINCERELY- with no offense meant, I wonder just how much trade experience you truly have if you cannot see that.
BOTH of them are people we DO NOT WANT AROUND agreed?!?!?
Definetely NOT. Lowballers are welcome in my book. I have no problem with them what-so-ever. I mean, I think it's poor trade etiquette & I don't like it... but that doesn't mean I want them off of the site.
The only people I want off of the site are scammers and those who repeatedly practice behaviors exhibited by scammers.

I had a fairly nasty go around with someone I thought was one of the rudest people I'd ever encountered a while back. He ended up getting himself in a LOT of trouble. Even HE, I didn't want banned from the site... and I'm the one he performed the serious breach of protocol on.

Let's not label everyone the same or make presumptions about what people do and don't want.
Again, i will go back to my VERY VERY VERY first arguement here...

While this thread may help, it will not solve anything... It needs to be accompanied by a SLEW of threads dedicated to bad-trading behaviors
...and I will go back to my original disagreement. Bartertown is not a site of micromanagement. It is more open and relaxed, provided you stay within the framework of the rules they provide.

Additionally, if ONE person is caught before getting the opportunity to scam someone (and, mark my words, it WILL happen, eventually), then this forum DID solve something.
--Please, understand that I admit making an assumption that you meant "forum" in the quote above and not "thread." If you did not, then my reply to you is, admittedly, incorrect as a reply. I still stand by it, however, as a general statement.--
Please don't bring up my "newness" on these boards again, that is a lowblow... How'd you like me saying: "You've been on these boards too LONG to realize what is actually going on."
I will bring it up if it seems important or relevant.
NEVER have I judged anyone's opinion based on their being new to the site. The same goes for those who have been here a long time. MY assessments are based solely on the merits of the opinion and demeanor or the individual.
Referring to your newness, as I did, was not a "low blow." It was a point made that you cannot paint BTown the same as you would another trade site because it isn't the same and because you do not have an appropriate amount of experience with this site to judge it in comparison to others.
Had you been a trader who has been here a while, posting regularly in these forums, having an idea of the "atmosphere" here, THEN I would have given your post more weight... and still disagreed for the same (micromanagement) reason.

On that same note, it would not be fair for ME to go to another trade site (I am a member of NO other trade sites & never have been) and start giving suggestions to them after a week or 3 about how to better their site when I have very little knowledge of their site to make an informed statement with.

Anglacon wrote:That does not make his ideas or opinions less than yours. Be they right or wrong, he is entitled to them and allowed to put them up for all to see. you of all people should appreciate that.
I never said his ideas were less than mine. I never said he had no right to post them.
I merely pointed out my own opinion, which is that his opinions for all the reportable offenses weren't valid for BTown, and the reasons why.
Please, note that I never told him (in any words) that he should shut up. I never said he should stop posting his opinion.
I simply pointed out how they were incompatable with the atmosphere here.
Anglacon wrote:Post count does NOT = who is right.

I never have and never would make such a statement.
Do I think more highly of the opinions of people with a more established presence here? Yes. Do I always agree, based on that presence? No.
Do I judge him or his opinion based on his lack of established presence here? Hell, no.
I judge it on its' own merits.

Anglacon wrote:I would never have thought you would be so elitest.
Dude. That kinda hurt. Even if we don't always see eye to eye, I'd have thought you'd know me better than that by now.
There isn't an elitist bone in my body.

Anglacon wrote:My only concern with this whole forum is that there are no hard and fast rules that apply to when it is ok to publicly humiliate a person.
I disagree. The rules are set forth in the trading guidelines. If you agree to a trade, then back out (for any reason), you are subject to a Neg Ref. Posting here is in support of the Neg Ref you left. You have to have proof, as per the BTR forum.
There is the additional caveat, implied, though not stated, that you should use good judgement on what your criteria are for leaving a neg ref for a backout, as YOU may be the one judged.

If I leave you a neg ref because you backed out of a trade, and it comes out that you backed out because you needed the money to pay for a parents' funeral expenses... and told me about that when you backed out... *I* am the one being humiliated.

Eric
Last edited by MagickalMemories on Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Adunaphel wrote:As MM said, if you get low-balled, ignore it. Use the Insidius Manual Ignore Feature, or the IMIF . Although, Eric, weren't you on the other end of this argument in the past?
Which one? The Ignore feature or Low ball?

I don't recall ever being against an ignore feature.

A Low Ball... No. I've always hated them. Still do. It doesn't meant I won't argue for their right TO low ball (one could make a pro-choice comparison, but this topic should not go there). I don't want low-ballers to be publicly hanged. I just want them to stop. : )

If I'm lowballed, my response depends on the individual. If it's someone I "know," regardless of post count or time on the site, I will counter - or "No, thanks," at least.
If I don't "know" them -again, regardless of post count or time on the site- They just don't get a response.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Shirokuma ( 292 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Shirokuma »

This thread has gone on long enough without anyone actually posting a "deadbeat", that I'm inclined to believe we've scared off those that might.

Lowball for the counter-offer!

MM, you crack me up! :lol:
-- Shirokuma
Owe trade references to: No one!
Owed trade references from: AgeofEgos; bradpreston52
maple ( 50 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by maple »

I think the low-balling (the more I use that phrase, the dirtier it sounds) debate has gotten out of hand.

What is the definition of a low-ball offer? My "prized" SM (hypothetically) may not be as "prized" by you when you see the pictures, so you may offer me 60% of what i think they are worth. Is that a low-ball offer? Just because I think my paint job is worth adding an extra $2 per mini, you may not think that are worth any extra $$$.

The problem we (the BT community) will face is that some overly-sensitive about their mini's folks will start posting low-ball complaint after low-ball complaint because they value their 'wares more than their fellow traders.

Before you know it, there will be 50 posts about "Watch out for Maple, he likes to low-ball people" (I am Jewish by birth after all :-D ) and some folks may get an underserved bad name.

I think that we should stick to the original plan of keeping this section reserved for "backer outters" and nothing more. If we are to add every complaint that we have about fellow traders, before you know it, nobody will be trading.
-mat
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

I've been watching this thread for a while, I've enjoyed the banter, playing with ideas, etc, and it's all good discussion.

However. It seems to me that the main function of this area would be to inform others of people that fail to follow through on an established trade agreement. Now, most people have expressed the fact that they would not mind a person canceling a trade if they simply said so and had a legitimate reason. Most people have stated that it is when someone stops communicating all together that they get upset.

That's very understandable, I've had this happen to me a few times, and look, I only have a trade rating of 10.

What really gets me, and what made me post was this:
MagickalMemories wrote:If I'm lowballed, my response depends on the individual. If it's someone I "know," regardless of post count or time on the site, I will counter - or "No, thanks," at least.
If I don't "know" them -again, regardless of post count or time on the site- They just don't get a response.
Whoa, wait a minute. If someone lowballs you and you don't know them you just ignore them? This is seems to be the very thing that belongs in this area - people not communicating. If I made an offer you thought was a lowball, and you were to ignore me, I'd cry. Rule #6 says to Be Polite, and ignoring someone surely isn't polite.
EDIT: Don't mean to attack here at all, just pointing it out. You seem to be a very well known and respected member of the forum, and as such the above isn't something I'd expect. I'd expect to be pointed to an eBay page or the retail site of the item and instructed to do a little research before making an offer. I could also be missreading your use of "know"...

Back to the topic:

If I may take a moment and analyze the 'lowball' it would seem to come from two basic reasons:

The person knows the value and wants be cheap
- or -
They just don't know any better.

To me there are two very simple ways to deal with a person that lowballs you: either be preemptive and post a suggested / acceptable price range on things you post, or, respond and tell them why you think the item is worth more. Neither are hard or time consuming to do. If they continue to lowball, then and only then should they be reprimanded / posted about in a thread here.

Many people have addressed the idea of a second rating number, as well as the problem of knowing when a trade has been finalized. Perhaps a mechanism is needed that would place the trade details into a text field, and after both parties review and press an agree button, PMs are sent to both people confirming the trade. It should also be logged with a unique ID into a data base somewhere (stored for say a year before being deleted, and easily retrievable by Mods via the ID, which also makes generating fake ones impossible). Then, there are three options to closing the trade: satisfied, withdraw, and dissatisfied. Both satisfied and dissatisfied options leave appropriate feedback (after a reason being filled out) for the other person and update the database accordingly.

Back outs fall into the withdraw category, in which you have two options. Neutral feedback would be appropriate for a nice back-out, in which they told you, and it was all handled nicely. If the back-out happened due to negligence, or what not, the system could retrieve the trade data from the database, and generate a thread in a forum not unlike this one. Once the thread is generated, both parties can discuss it, and so forth if needed.

That's just an idea, a starting point.
Last edited by Plarz on Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MagickalMemories wrote:Please, nobody take this the wrong way when I say... Plarz, I love you.
No, no, guard, turn, parry, dodge, spin and - then - thrust!
Plarzoid.com: A Miniatures Blog
Currently trading with: - | Owed Refs from: - | Owe refs to: -
If I owe you a ref, PM me!
J35T3R.us ( 86 )
Resident Trader

Post by J35T3R.us »

MagickalMemories wrote: you cannot paint BTown the same as you would another trade site because it isn't the same
It isn't the same? How do you know?
MagickalMemories wrote:I am a member of NO other trade sites & never have been
Oh... I'm sorry, I didn't know you were so knowledged on the practice of other sites... Yeah, don't let my 6-7 accounts on other trading sites fool you, I know NOTHING of their rules/guidelines/ideals...
MagickalMemories wrote: Micromanagement = bad.
You're right... Too much work for admins.
MagickalMemories wrote: (in response to this thread) I think it's a nice addition.
Oh? I thought you were aginst more work... Well, I guess ONE MORE thread can't hurt.... Where do we draw the line? 1 more thread? 2 more threads? A WHOLE REVISION of the rules? Donno...

MagickalMemories wrote: Lowballers are welcome in my book. I have no problem with them what-so-ever.
Really?
MagickalMemories wrote: A Low Ball... No. I've always hated them. Still do.

.........?

I'm done with you, every other post you change your ground while I hold true to the values of EVERY TRADING SITE OUT THERE (yes they're all the same - again).

MagickalMemories wrote: ...it would not be fair for ME to go to another trade site and start giving suggestions to them after a week or 3 about how to better their site when I have very little knowledge of their site to make an informed statement with.
Some people catch on quicker than others... Maybe I just catch on quicker than you do... And by the way, it would be fair for you to do that... That is why we pay taxes to live in our WONDERFUL COUNTRY OF FREE SPEECH! God Bless the US of A...

Lets just hope they are as nice to you as you guys have been to me. =)

============================================
=======================================
=================================
===========================
=====================
==============
========
====
=

Yeah... this thread is a great addition to these boards... One step closer to the ultimate goal of making this a great trading place(like it has been).
Warmachine H/W List: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=171984
J35T3R.us ( 86 )
Resident Trader

Post by J35T3R.us »

Plarz wrote: If someone lowballs you and you don't know them you just ignore them? This is seems to be the very thing that belongs in this area - people not communicating.
O.o good point.
Plarz wrote: If they continue to lowball, then and only then should they be reprimanded / posted about in a thread here.

What I've been sayin' all along... But people seem to think I mean if someone lowballs you ONCE to go yellin and hollerin'...NO!!! It would be for confirmed lowballers... You don't need to know the prices of items to KNOW someone is a lowballer, if they have multiple lowballs to different people the types of items they were lowballing doesn't matter, just the fact the person is a confirmed lowballer on multiple occasions from multiple different traders who've been lowballed by that person in question...

There is much much more going on here than simple backouts that add "speedbumps" to this site's trading process.

Thanks for the post Plarz. Your idea for the trade "confirmation" PM is something new, I like it... Just like every online video game out there, both people have to "CLICK" the "GREEN CHECKMARK" before the trade windows accept the deal and both people get their stuff. However, it is an extra step I don't believe is needed, I wish people would just use common sense in determining when a trade is complete(exchanging addresses is the common "deal sealer" on two of the larger trade sites I'm part of). And you brought up the second reference number again... Great idea, been said a lot, donno if its going anywhere...

On a side note:

This thread (WITHOUT ANY POSTS MIND YOU) now outranks the following real threads on our boards... LOL FACTOR!!!

Epic and Inquisitor For Sale / Wanted
Auction Links - Futuristic
Historical Auction Links
Terrain & Terrain Parts Wanted/For Sale
Comics/Books For Sale/Wanted
Bits and Parts For Sale/Wanted
Role Playing Games For Sale / Wanted
All Other Auction Links
Video Games For Sale / Wanted
Collectables For Sale / Wanted
Paintball For Sale / Wanted

lol? Oh and props to the "Collectable Card Gaming For Sale / Wanted" topic for holding down the fort to not make EVERY SINGLE topic in the "Other Stuff" thread be dominated by the "Deadbeats & Backouts" topic... GOGO MAGIC CARDS!!!
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

J35T3R.us wrote:... I wish people would just use common sense in determining when a trade is complete(exchanging addresses is the common "deal sealer" on two of the larger trade sites I'm part of).
I completely agree with you here, the only problem is, not everyone has common sense, and others simply choose to ignore it. People can use things like uncertainty as a scape goat, and that's what causes so much trouble. Unfortunately, you really need to draw the line, and a "GREEN CHECKBOX" is one way to do it.
MagickalMemories wrote:Please, nobody take this the wrong way when I say... Plarz, I love you.
No, no, guard, turn, parry, dodge, spin and - then - thrust!
Plarzoid.com: A Miniatures Blog
Currently trading with: - | Owed Refs from: - | Owe refs to: -
If I owe you a ref, PM me!
Adunaphel ( 810 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Adunaphel »

Eric, I was refering to low-balling. I knew that in the past you had stated that you didn't like it.

Insidius, I think this thread is getting really close to the verbal brawl that has locked other threads down.

As for the fact that there are no other deadbeat threads yet, I would say that maybe a few of them that are in the BTR could be moved over here and maybe (dare I hope) all the attention that this thread has garnered has warned the potential deadbeats into actually letting their trade partners know that they are not interested. Here's to optimism.

I can't really help myself on this last point. But, if low-balling is the same as a deadbeat then there is NO WAY that I have the references that I have! I have on many occasions "low-balled", if that is what you want to call it. Sometimes I haven't heard back (which I think is fine at the beginning of a trade negotiation). Sometimes I get a very terse note stating that I am WAY below what they would sell at. BUT, most often, I get a counter-offer. Which is what this site is all about, IMHO. (see, I did again Eric)

So, I guess I low-ball occasionally. BUT, I would NEVER backout on a deal when I had given it a final OK. NEVER.

So, in my opinion a back-out is NOTHING like low-balling.

Karl

J35T3R.us ( 86 )
Resident Trader

Post by J35T3R.us »

Another fail...

Again, a lowball is FINE... a lowBALLER is not... Lets say you open with a lowball... Great, its called bartering right? They counteroffer and you go from there... What if you don't like their counteroffer? You cancel the trade talks, done right? Move on....

And the week after you PM them again for a different item with a lowball. They remember your name and say: "No, just like your other offer, a bit low for me..." They counteroffer and you decline the counter offer and MOVE ON.. GREAT...

Next week or the week after, or hell a month later you PM them again and lowball them for another random item... This time(third time's the charm) they say: "I'm sorry but if you can't give me at least some-what reasonable offers for any of my stuff, please don't PM me anymore because you're wasting my time." Offensive? Who cares, its to the point. You reply back with "yeah whatev" or wtf ever you'd reply to that...

AT THIS POINT.... You have offended a trader with your continued lowball offers over the course of a month... That trader would post in the "WARNING" thread a topic like:

"Adunaphel - Low Baller"

In the thread they state the various lowballs the times, dates ect ect whatever they post.... And then that topic gets a reply like so:

"Adunaphel? Yeah, that guy offered me like $10 for my Starter set for(insert game starter set that retails for $50 here)... Then a couple weeks later he offered me $15 for that same set... I told him no both times..."

And then ANOTHER REPLY HAPPENS...

"Adunaphel has PM'd me and posted replies on some of my various threads, all are very very low offers, even if my items don't have a defined price, they are very low for what I have seen them on e-bay for, at least a THIRD of what they are on there for."

There you have it, AGAIN, multiple lowballing attempts on multiple traders from a confirmed lowballer... You now see the point of calling out a lowballer?

If I saw a confirmed lowballed on here I'd avoid their "WANT TO BUY" thread since they prolly won't be giving me anything for my stuff I try to sell them and won't be paying what I am asking so yeah... Pretty much the same as if I saw a confirmed BACKOUT here I'd avoid them because they could potentially backout of our trade and cause me to lose time and opuurtunity to sell my stuff to others while it is on hold with them.

I again have to argue a lowballer is not the same as a single low-ball offer to start off trades.... A lowball offer is someone doing what people do......... It's how bartering was started... HOWEVER: A LOWBALLER is a person that will not budge on their LOW prices expecting to get the items for that price... I cannot explain that anymore in depth, I already have in 10+ posts here.

I could care less about a low-ball offer to START a trade... I do care however if I get a low-ball offer, I reply and they say my price is too much and cancel trade-talks moving onto the next person and repeating the process.... This is HINDERING the trade process, another speedbump JUST LIKE a Backeroutter(soooo coined that word)!

PS:
Adunaphel wrote:Insidius, I think this thread is getting really close to the verbal brawl that has locked other threads down.
This thread is fine... I mean, like I said 15 posts ago, this thread should be wiped clean of all these "impeding" and useless posts and start over in a clean and governed state with the guidelines and well... Purpose of the thread stated right in the sticky instead of a simple link to some other forums rules where the convicted patrons of that tpic find themselves in much much more trouble than they would if they were here. Two different topics, two different guidelines/rulesets. My vote, well, I voted for a lot of things in all of my posts, but if I can't get any of those wishes, then at least WIPE THIS TOPIC, its been fun, buts its gotta start clean...
Adunaphel ( 810 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Adunaphel »

Jester,

I apologize for failure. I had been trying to ignore you posts which were slightly obnoxious in my opinion. But, I couldn't ignore this last one because as I was doing my new-fangled IMIF I kept seeing Adunaphel pop out at my eyes. :lol:

I have never heard of this mythical beast you are refering to: lowballer.
I think Texans have a word for somebody like you are refering to, and it's Jacka$$.

I think it would be interesting to see if anybody else here has met up with that particularly strange bird...

Karl

morgan kelly ( 34 )
BTown Regular

Post by morgan kelly »

J35T3R.us wrote: My vote, well, I voted for a lot of things in all of my posts, but if I can't get any of those wishes, then at least WIPE THIS TOPIC, its been fun, buts its gotta start clean...
no way, I wanna keep some of this crazy discussion fresh in my mind, so I can come back here and remember the one guy who thought he had all the answers.

keep this and if we do go fresh, just make a new topic for each new back-out.. just like we would for bad trader posts..
Adunaphel wrote:Jester,

I have never heard of this mythical beast you are refering to: lowballer.

I think it would be interesting to see if anybody else here has met up with that particularly strange bird...

Karl
now you just made me spit my dew on the puter screen.. bad adunaphel
Last edited by morgan kelly on Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”