Deatbeat/Backout Joshua Saxton, AKA Caine75

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

vurumai ( 458 )
Resident Trader

Deatbeat/Backout Joshua Saxton, AKA Caine75

Post by vurumai »

Summary:
Josh contacted me in regards to a post (the contents are copied at the end of the correspondences but not included in his first message.) He was hard to nail down into a trade (dropping out of contact for days, rearranging the trade just when it seemed to be finalizing, lots of delaying and holding tactics). After almost 2 weeks of negotiations, he agrees to a trade. After 5 days of no communication, I ask him if he has shipped to which I get that it went out "the other day." After giving it 3-5 days for transit, I contacted Josh to see if he had a tracking number. He told me a story about Stacy (a lady supposedly at a " small mom n pop business") and how she said that the package was mailed. After two week since he said he sent his items out, there is no package. When confronted with this, Josh seems to think that there is no harm and no found in agreeing to a trade and not shipping. He wants me to hold onto me end of the trade and ship if I ever see his package. I tell him that this is not acceptable and he needs to give me something substantial (like a tracking number or package rather than his word an Stacy's word). I am told that he has completed his end of the trade by saying that he mailed his package. I confront him with the insubstantiality of his claims and in return get a long and confusing speech about looking men in the eyes and what it means to be a business man. In the end, he terminated communication with me and refused to answer if he was going to make good on his end of the trade. I don't know if I ever made it clear than "saying that he mailed something" does not equal "making good on his end" but I think it was implied. Because of his muddled and unfocused communication, it is hard to say what he understood and what he did not.

Conclusion:
Communication with Josh was confusing and unfocused at most times. I constantly felt like I had to redirect the conversation back on topic. He had no problem dropping out of contact and was always read with a lot of excuses for everything. IT is snowing so I can't take any pictures. My kids are out of school so I can't send any PMs. I can't give you a list of what I want because it is cold and work is hard. There was always some BS excuse for why he could not do what was needed.

If it were not for that I would be more likely to believe that Josh did mail something and it got lost. It is the excuses, the feeling that he never really took our exchange very seriously and his "oh well" attitude at the end that makes me think that it is more likely that he never intended to send anything. Perhaps he changed his mind after we agreed to a trade and did not want to tell me. Perhaps he never had the minis he said he did (there never were any pictures sent despite me asking). Looking back, there was never anything substantial to our exchange. He could have been jerking me around the whole time for his amusement.

Re:Re: H: John Adams, Nids, Sisters W: 40k
Sent: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:26 pm
by vurumai

Sorry to correct you, but you said that you shipped your items. There is no proof that you have shipped anything. You have never really been all that clear on anything. That is why I have to ask you direct questions.

Cutting off communication is not giving me any resort than to leave negative feedback for you and start a deadbeat report. I have given you every opportunity to make good (or at the very least admit fault in some way) to remedy the situation. You have left me with no choice. I have started the report on you and I'll send you a link to it when It is posted.

I am very disappointed and genuinely sad that it has come to this.
Sent: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:16 pm
by Caine75

For the last time, I have shipped my part of our agreement. I really dont know how much clearer to be with you.
Do not contact me again unless it is to say that my items have arrived to you.
Thanks and have a good day.

Sent: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:19 pm
by vurumai

I don't really understand what all that meant and it does not matter. I have a lot of words from you but what I need is substance. Talk of honor and satisfaction is super great but none of it is distinguishable from someone that has not shipped. My patience is at an end. I need you to make good on your end of the trade. If you are unable or unwilling to do that, I need you to state that in clear terms, please.

Last edited by vurumai on Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:35 pm
by Caine75

I appreciate that you say you have not received what I have sent. In my life, my word is my bond. We have never met in person to measure one another man to man and look into each other's eyes to know one another. My business is as a tradesmen and I know the responsibility entailed in keeping my part in any bargain. I do not believe the customer is always right, nor will I take a loss to satisfy a customer.
I sent a package to you containing the bits we agreed upon. I have fulfilled my part of our agreement. I am not the post office and if the package is not in your possession them I am the one who is out of product. Recognize that things get lost in the mail or delivered to the wrong address. If you feel slighted by reality then do what you will, in the moment I recognize and honor that I am good with myself as a businessman. If you say they haven't arrived then I will trust your word. I did not get tracking or signature delivery. As I said, last time I do that.
Sent: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:59 pm
by vurumai

You are mistaken. After agreeing to a trade it is your responsibility to get the items to your partner. So far I have no proof that you have done anything. You say you have mailed something and yet do not have any proof. I am sorry but you need to make good on your end of the trade or I will have to file a backout report on you and leave appropriate feedback. I am not asking you to do anything that you have not already agreed to. Throwing your hands up and saying "oh well I tried" is not acceptable. Please let me know what you choose by tomorrow.
Sent: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:00 am
by Caine75

I appreciate that and as soon as the mail delivers what I shipped you can put them in the mail. Until then I have completed my part, putting it in the mail.
Thanks and have a good one.
LMK when it arrives.
Sent: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:49 am
by vurumai

I wish we could leave it at that but the trade is incomplete. I still have your items packed and ready to go. Because we agreed on a trade, I had to tell other people no to the techmarines. I am sorry that your package was lost, but you still need to complete your end of the trade.
Sent: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:32 am
by Caine75

Well.... if it shows. LMK
NOt going to mail anything out with a tracking number again.
Sent: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:21 am
by vurumai

No
Re: H: John Adams, Nids, Sisters W: 40k
Sent: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:36 am
by Caine75

HOwdy man...
DId it show?
Sent: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:34 pm
by vurumai

I'm still at work. I will let you know when I get home
Sent: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:32 pm
by Caine75

Did it show today?
If not I am f'in clueless as it should have definately showed...
Josh
Sent: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:50 pm
by vurumai

Not in the mail today. I got other packages that were sent after we made out trade. I can give it another 3 days.
Sent: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:34 pm
by vurumai

No but I have no gotten the mail from today.
Sent: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:14 pm
by Caine75

Howdy man...
Just checking in to see if the package arrived?
Josh
Sent: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:34 pm
by Caine75

Evening
Stacey said everything went out last Thursday. I imagine with the crap weather we've had that May have affected delivery.
Please lmk when it shows
Thanks
Josh
Sent: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:38 am
by Caine75

I didnt get a tracking number but will go by the PO today and talk to Stacey behind the counter. Will get back with you this eve.
Josh
Sent: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:43 pm
by vurumai

A couple of days have passed and still no sign of the items. Do you have a tracking number?
Sent: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:51 pm
by Caine75

Went out the other day... in the midst of snow days here I honestly dont remember which day I shipped. My PO is a small mom n pop business...LMK if package doesnt arrive in a day or 2 and I will go by and say hi to them.
Thanks man
Sent: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:12 pm
by vurumai

Have you had a chance to ship. Let me know.
Sent: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:07 pm
by vurumai

That sounds good. I'll ship after your items get here.

***REDACTED***

Sent: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:05 pm
by Caine75

Lol... No problems man.
Glad things are moving quick for you.
How bout we head back to the original trade then as I have no real use for spore mines. :)
2 techmarine bodies for the fw torsos, 2 SB arms and lightning a claws.
Thanks

***REDACTED***

Sent: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:09 am
by vurumai

I thought it might be. That guy is too old for my army.

I am still interested in the quad gun in addition to the other items we talked about. This thing is really dragging out so I would like to formalize a trade and complete it as soon as possible. The Tyranids have been picked over in the time it has taken to complete this trade. I have spore mines and lictors left over and have decided to keep and paint the lictors. I have an incomplete 2nd-3rd edition lictor left but it is not complete. It is missing the head and booty.

Here is my offer:

Metal painted techmarine body
Resin bare techmarine body
8 Plastic spore mines
$10

for

3 FW resin SW torsos
2 IG Psyker (Send me a link to what kind of mini it is)
at least one SW termie arm with storm bolter with drum magazine
Quad gun

Let me know what you think of the offer. Feel free to counter offer, but let's wrap this up please.
Sent: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:50 am
by Caine75

https://www.google.com/search?q=rune+pr ... B873%3B627
Tis this body
Sent: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:07 am
by vurumai

I do to now what rainypass is.

You can send me a link to the kind of model it is. I just want to make sure it's current.
Sent: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:17 am
by Caine75

In the midst of a blizzard right now... ill try n get to the basement today for pics:)
You dont work for rainypass by any chance?
Sent: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:02 pm
by vurumai

Can you send a pic of the rune priest?

I've recently traded for an IG codex.

Interested in the copptas, rune priest and quad gun.

As for what I have left:
one Deathleaper
one lictor, current
One partial lictor, older edition
trygon
spore mines
Sent: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:48 am
by Caine75

Morning man....
ahhh...another snow day and with the forecast the boys are going to be out some of next week as well ... :-|
Back to the case at hand....
Im interested in some of your nids for my youngest. He loves the models and got super excited at the GW store when he saw them. I sold all my nids except a broodlord and the space hulk stealers last year.
I have the IG dex (has caine75 written on the pages on top)otherwise in great shape)
3 Koptas (assembled and primed, layer of airbrushed red paint on them,
I have an oop termi rune priest as well and a quad gun.
:)
Sent: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:52 pm
by vurumai

As soon as you are feeling better, make sure you get back to me.
Sent: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:12 pm
by vurumai

I understand. Get back to me with a list and we can finish this trade.
Sent: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:26 pm
by vurumai

I understand. Get back to me with a list and we can finish this trade.
Sent: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:24 pm
by Caine75

Sry man...been a crazy day at work - below zero and life has been a lil nutty. Kids are on day 3 of a snow day so should have some time in the am to look into everything
Sent: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:40 am
by vurumai

Okay, give me a comprehensive list of what you're interested in and what you have. we can go from there
Sent: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:25 am
by Caine75

wondering about your nids listed as well...
I have the guard dex, a few Deth Koptas, at least 2 psykers, and some of the other pieces parts you are looking for ...will have to check my bits box this eve.
LMK get back with you as I am interested in seeing about a larger trade.
Cheers
Josh
Sent: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:35 pm
by vurumai

That sounds ok but how about the FW torsos, 2 SB at least one drum SB and a pair of matching LC?
Sent: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:32 pm
by Caine75

Howdy man... I don't have a termi axe.
I'm interested in the fine cast techmarine and 1 of the other painted ones- I have the signum dude from a long time ago:)
How about the Psyker, the 3 fw torsos and arms with SB.
Can take a pic tomorrow.
Sent: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:49 am
by Caine75

saxtonmassagetherapy@yahoo.com
Thanks man... I have one of the LE techmarines and am working on a 30k Iron Hands army right now. I dont know for sure if I have another SW axe... Ill check this eve.
cheers
Sent: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:43 am
by vurumai

I found cause to go out to the storage unit and snapped a pic. give me an email address and I'll send it along.

All three of the techmarines are the same mini. One is bare finecast and the other two are painted. I found an additional older techmarine with signum. None have back packs or arms.

I am interested in the FW torsos. The one with the face is the one that I was really after. I am interested in the LC and SB especially the one with the drum magazine. I am interested int eh psyker. Iw oudl really be interested in the termie ax if you have a spare one.
Sent: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:11 am
by Caine75

Hi
Are all 3 of the techmarines the same 1?
Psyker is painted metal, easily stripped. I have a ton of SW bits- think you were interested in termi bits - I have several of teh SB arms, LC arms, a few torsos- 2/3 of the FW torsos and a few GW ones..have been primed and drilled for arms. (not the torsos with face though). Have several sprues of the last edition upgrades with only a few bits n pieces missing. LMK what else you might be looking for.
NOt at home so dont know all off the top of my head.
JOsh
Sent: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:57 am
by vurumai

I can not take pictures as that would require a trip to the storage unit. The mini is the same as the one in the link below. As described in the post in that it lacks arms and back pack.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... od1160093a

Please detail your space wolf bits and describe the condition of the psyker. Painted? metal? NIB?

Subject: H: John Adams, Nids, Sisters W: 40k

Caine75 wrote:
Which tech marines do you have? Pic please
I have sanctioned Psyker and SW bits
: John Adams, Trygon, Sisters W: 40k
Postby vurumai » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:18 pm

Has:
I have the complete PBS series John Adams on blueray. It retails for $40.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472027/

Sisters – Would prefer these to go as one lot
9x Sisters Repentia and Mistress
8x Bolter sisters, missing backpacks but will supply SM Backpacks to cover
1x Multi Melta Sister, complete
1x Storm Bolter Sister, missing backpack but will supply SM backpack to cover
1x Plasma Pistol/Power Sword Sister Superior, missing backpack but will supply SM backpack to cover
4x Seraphim with hand flamers
7x Seraphim with bolt pistols, complete
2x Seraphim with Plasma Pistol/Power Sword, complete, one trimmed off stand.
2x extra Seraphim backpacks
1x Extra heavy flamer backpack
1x Cannoness with twin flame backpack NIB, they do not make her anymore as they mold broke, she has boltpistol, scroll, book, melta pistol, power sword and chain sword.

Trade Value = $300 accounting for missing pieces. Open to Paypal offers.

Two small GW cases, one with foam
“At Ease” Cadian Guardsman x2 NIB
14x Skaven shield sprues (from what I can tell). Don't value these highly. Just want them moved out gone. Would gladly fold them into a trade for free.
6x metal Pathfinders with rail rifles
12x Metal Pathfinders
1x Broadside, current edition, new
1x Broadside, current edition, partially assembled
Ultramarine Captain Sicarius
10x Metal Flayed ones
Backpacks with banners x20+
Various SM accessories like ammo pouches, basic helmeted heads, BP/CCW arms, bolter arms, torsos, shoulderpads, etc from Space Marines, Blood Angles, Dark Angles, CSM
8 spore Mines of various types, plastic, painted
1 NIB Trygon

Want:

Random:
Most recent How to Paint Citadel mini book complete with DVD
2x IG Sanctioned Psychers
2x Punisher cannon from IG tank
Basilisks
Straken, current mini only
Harker
Close combat attachment from IG Sentinel (Chainsaw)
BFM or AOBR Marines, need to be a good deal
Quad Guns (as many as I can find), any condition
Aegis defence lines with or without support weapons.
FW Valkyrie wing transfers
Watcher in the dark from Azriel or DA Termie box, needs lots
Scratch-built planes like Aquilla Lander
Stronghold Assault
Codex Eldar and expansion
Codex Tyranids
Farsight expansion
Space Hulk tiles only. Needs to be a complete set. Do not need minis.

Priority: Battlefoam PACK 720 preference is red

Space Marines:
Any legs. Priority is running legs from Assault Marine box and kneeling legs from Devastator box but any regular SM legs are acceptable.
Space Wolf Termie box and bits especially storm bolter with drum
Space Wolf metal Wulfin or bits for conversion
Space Wolf Special characters metal only: termie Njal, Bjorn (or FW Dread prefered), Arjac Rockfist
GamesDay Tunderhammer Marine
Termie Librarian (metal only)
Librarian in power armor (be sure to mention which model you have)
Large purity seals like the triple one in the Dread box or the long one in the GK box
FW Space Wolf Terminator Upgrade, torso with head
Chaplain Cassius (metal only)
Any bits welcomed and bulk trades preferred
Thousand Son head/corpse from Thunderwolf box and Wolflord on Thunderwolf
Plastic Sternguard
Plastic Vanguard
GK Dreadknight
Chapter specific shoulder pads one of each

Chaos and Daemons:
Warsmith
Maulerfiend
Raptors, plastics only
Cypher
Scratch built or converted Hell Talon and Hell Blade
Legion specific shoulder pads

Necrons:
Ghost Ark NOS only
Tirarch Stalker
Any special characters except Trazyn
Crypteks
Nightscythe
Bits like heads, staff weapons, etc.
FW Pylon
Scratch built conversions for pylons

Orks:
Truks
Dreads, newer version only
Killa Kans, newer version only
Bikes
Grots (must be plastic)
Stompa
Shokk Attack Gun (current sculpt only and metal preferred)
Kaptin Badrukk
Boss Zagstruk (metal only)
Weirdboyz
Warbosses
Mekboy with KFF
Gretchens (must be plastic)
AOBR boys, Koptas and Boss
bits, gubbins

Tau:
Pathfinders, plastic only and as close to new as possible, must be complete with drones
Shadowsun metal only
XV8 Battlesuit Commander NOS only
Longstrike
FW flyers
Riptide
Devilfish hulls, don't need engines or weapons. Just need the body and turret to be complete

Forge world:
Forge World Seige of Vraks 1&2
Apothecary
World Eaters, Death Guard, Thousand Sons and Emperor's Children Rhino upgrade kits
Open to any FW offers

Xbox 360 games:
any trivia games
Splinter Cell : Conviction
Batman: Arkham Asylum and and Arkham City
Portal 2
Really almost any Xbox games

Fantasy:
Spare heads and bits from Slaughterbrute
WFB Black Orks NOS or bits only
Chaos Knights

Board games:
Pandemic
3rd expansion for Galaxy truckers
Any expansions for Surburbia
Any expansions for Power Grid

In general I prefer metal to finecast and super glue to plastic glue. I prefer to only deal within the US. Please let me know if you are outside the US in your first PM and be very clear about what you have vs what you want. Lowest ships first. I am very cautious about trading with new BTers. If you have less than 10 references things will have to be approached carefully. I value good, clear and concise communication.

Lastly, If I have made a trade with you or have been PMing with you and we have lost touch, be sure to send me a friendly reminder. I have a lot of ball in the air and may lose the occasional PM through the cracks.
1. Every PM deserves a timely response.
2. Everyone has a busy life but anyone should be able to respond to a PM within 24 hours.
3. Lowest rating ships or pays first unless specifically otherwise arranged.
4. Lowest rating leaves Reference first.
5. No international deals unless agreed to explicitly in PM.
6. Everything ships with tracking. Items of sufficient value should be insured by the shipper.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Deatbeat/Backout Joshua Saxton, AKA Caine75

Post by MagickalMemories »

Well, if he lives in a really small town, it's not uncommon for small "mom & pop" businesses to be contracted to, essentially, work as the post office.
You might get better info from kturock on this but, to support what you've posted, almost all packages (maybe even all packages by now) -non-correspondence, that is- goes out with a tracking number. So, Stacy should have given him one. Not having it would be HIS responsibility, in this case.

Looks like a valid DB/BO to me.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”