REPEAT OFFENDER - chadbacca / Chad Pittack

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Van Saar ( 606 )
Journeyman Trader

REPEAT OFFENDER - chadbacca / Chad Pittack

Post by Van Saar »

Chad contacted me off of one of my trade posts. After some negotiation we settled on a deal and exchanged addresses. A week after he is supposed to ship out I begin to worry as I have gotten no communication, tracking nor anything in the mail. He checks messages with no reply. He is on daily. One needs only glance at his feedback to see that this is a reoccurring problem with this trader, as even some of his "positive" references note his slow shipping (bullets he dodged).

Finally, after I pressured him with messages I get a lame excuse. Sorry, were he an exemplary trader I would have bought it and forgiven his situation immediately. The sad truth however is that Chad is a repeat offender, and this is apparently his method of operation. I feel it is my duty to make sure all are aware of this behavior.

Needless to say I passed up multiple offers on my lot (that I was aware of, who knows what I missed with my "sold" sign in the window) while I waited for him.

As follows:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Re: H: 40k Armies IG, Ravenguard (plus tons more!) W: WHFB

Sent: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:13 pm
by chadbacca
i have these brets

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=217346

and would be interested in trading for these items...

Original Legion of the Damned Box (still in shrinkwrap!)
METAL Venerable Dreadnought (still in shrinkwrap!)
1 box of NoS Assault Terminators
Stormraven (nib)
Godhammer Landraider (nos)
Crusader/Redeemer Landraider (nos)
1 drop pod
2 Thunderfire Cannons (new METAL)
SM Commander (plastic box, nos)
SM Command Squad (nos)
5 Scout Snipers (nos/bits)
Masters of the Chapter set (new METAL)

i am not positive on the retail of these, but my lot goes for approx. $630. again, nothing is painted and only 3 items are primed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:43 pm
by Van Saar
Hey Chad,

Nice to hear from you, been awhile!

Right now all the Thunderfires, Stormraven, Ven Dread are pending.

The LotD Box goes for $250 on the bay... just letting you know as it's easy to not know. :lol:

I like your lot, but I'd be more comfortable with an actual swap for one of my two lots at the top.

Thanks!

Barry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:48 pm
by chadbacca
$250 oh wow! lol, ok. let's forget about that. so, there's no way you would be willing to mix and match from the bottom one huh? no problem. do you have an estimate on the raven guard? i woud be interested in that if that is the case.

i also happen to have two bretonnian batallions... they are for the most part unbuilt. maybe trading my bret force for the raven guad, plus the two batallions for some misc space marine stuff? let me know!

just a thought though, are the ig all cadians? and, would you happen to have the codex?

let me know, thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:42 pm
by Van Saar
Chad,

Yep the IG are all Cadians. I have the current Codex and the old one for nostalgia. :-D

Let me think on the Battleforces for a bit. (thats a lot of brets!)

Barry

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:46 pm
by chadbacca
well, batallions aside, would you be interested in swapping the RG for the bret lot i had listed originally?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:13 am
by Van Saar
Hey Chad,

Apologies for not getting back to you last night, I had to crash. Just worked at 12hr today and just now getting a chance to respond to people. You messaged before most so getting back to people in order.

As an update, all of the Thunderfires are gone but the original Stormraven guy fell through (i have it sold easily but you are ahead of other people so...)

I'm not opposed to the swap for the Ravenguard, but I would like the other 2 brett boxes as well so off of your original want list how about I add in the Stormraven, 5 scouts, plastic SM commander, Drop Pod and Chapter Masters.

Thanks,

Barry

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:57 am
by Van Saar
Chad,

Please let me know yes or no.

Thanks,

Barry

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:10 am
by Van Saar
Chad,

I see that you deleted a message. I'm not trying to have a double standard here, but this is my one day off then I work 12 hr shifts the next three days. I need a yes or no asap so we can either have (another) deal together or I can move on.

Thanks,

Barry

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:11 am
by chadbacca
i was curious, you think instead of the drop pod, captain, scouts, and chapter masters you could instead do the other two razorbacks and 3 of those assault cannons (and still keep the stormraven in there). in exchange, all if the bretts. let me know if that works- thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:22 am
by Van Saar
Chad,

Thanks for the quick reply. The razors are sold unfortunately. The assault canno. Sets I have but I really want to keep them and the dozers as a set (same company). I can throw in an extra captain and I'll see if I have any loose scouts I can toss in.

If that works let me know and I'll pull your stuff.

Thanks,

Barry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:38 am
by chadbacca
instead of the captain and chapter masters you think we could do a vindicator instead then? sorry, just starting to realize what i could actually use vs what i just wanted to add to my army for the hell of it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:24 pm
by Van Saar
Chad,

I understand where your coming from, but cleaning out models is my motivation here. I have a metal Tigerius (sm libby special, built primed) that I'll throw in. I know I'm just adding value but thats kind of where I have to be right now. Consider that my best offer to you for the whole deal. Please let me know asap so I can update the post.

Thanks,

Barry

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:28 pm
by chadbacca
totally understandable. can you update with what you would be sending then, so we are both clear?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:15 pm
by Van Saar
Chad,

On my phone atm so hard to do massive cut/copy. But to sum up it was my ravenguard lot plus stormraven, plastic commander, pod, scouts, chapt masters and now an extra capt and tigurius for your bret lot plus 2 more bret batts. If that works hit the official go button and we can swap addies.

Thanks,

Barry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:24 pm
by Van Saar
Chad,

Back on my PC. Here is the official trade after our negotiations as requested. Please confirm a hard yes or no.

On my end:

Captain
Terminator Captain (brand new in blister)
Librarian w/ Staff
Forgeworld Ravenguard Venerable Dead
Regular Dread
Landraider (new on sprue)
Forgeworld Ravenguard Landraider doors (new in bag)
20 Marines with a Healthy mix of Heavy weapons, special weapons (combi-meltas and things). Many have Crux Shoulders as I was intending to build Sternguard Vet units.
Rhino/Razorback w/ Assault Cannon & Forgeworld Ravenguard doors/front
10 Terminators w/ 2 CML
Whirlwind w/ Forgeworld Ravenguard doors
*I have a spare razorback turret for this so you can use as another rhino/razor*
5 Scouts
Part of a forgeworld ravenguard upgrade pack (3 backpack, 3 bolters, 3 heads, 2 body, 2 shoulder)
Stormraven
5 Scout Snipers (nos/bits)
SM Commander (plastic box, nos)
Drop Pod (nos)
Chapter Masters (new metal)
Captain (metal primed)
Tigurius (metal primed)

On your End:

1x BSB
2x mounted ladies
1x lady on foot
24x knights of the realm
5x pegasus knights
40x MaA
40x bowmen
2x trebuchet's
1x army book
2x Brett Battalions

Thanks,

Barry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:42 pm
by chadbacca
okay, looks good. i don't need tiggy, i have him already, but if you have any spare SM legs you could yoss in, i would greatly appreciate it. if not, no worries. also, just curious, is the raider a crusader/ redeemer or just a standard ? not a deal breaker at all, i was just wondering.

here is my address. i can ship tomorrow. i believe we have traded before, but i don't know if that has any bearing on you sending to me any time sooner or not. if not, that's fine, but i would ask, if you plan on waiting to receive the brets before shipping off the other items, please don't send them until the 26th at least, because i will be getting married next weekend and out of town fri, sat, and sunday. i don't trust that box sitting on my front porch that weekend while i am out. does all of that make sense? hah, i hope so!

***ADDRESS SCRUBBED***

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:58 pm
by Van Saar
Chad,

Awesome and Congratulations!! 8)

Np I will dig up some bits to toss in instead of Tiggy for you. The LR is a Godhammer (standard).
I will make sure to send when you will be back, so no worries.

My info:

***ADDRESS SCRUBBED***

Thanks again, it's been a pleasure.

Barry

Sent: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:37 pm
by Van Saar
Hey Chad,

Just touching base, I haven't seen anything in the mail yet. Did you get it out before your trip?

Thanks,

Barry

Sent: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:59 pm
by Van Saar
Chad,

I haven't heard back from you in 11 days despite you receiving my message. Please let me know what is going on asap. We have had a successful deal before and I hope this will be the case again. I understand that life can get in the way of packing and shipping miniatures, but I need solid communication if something comes up.

Thanks,

Barry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:30 am
by chadbacca
Hi, i am sorry that it has taken me so long to reply.

As horrible as this sounds, at this moment i am going to have to back out. The wedding, along with moving in this upcoming week has proven to be a physical and financial drain on me (i know shipping isn't THAT expensive, but our budget is so tight for the following few weeks that EVERYTHING counts). In addition, i am having difficulty locating all of the aforementioned miniatures since i had to pack everything up. I am so terribly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Once all is settled- we've moved in, mid-terms are over, and pay period comes back- i should be in a much better situation and we could possibly talk about this trade again, if you're still interested. i obviously don't expect you to hold on to the mini's if you receive any offers though. again, i apologize, i made a deal at a hectic time in life, when i probably shouldn't have. hopefully you can understand. either way, good luck with your trading and wargaming!

-chad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:07 pm
by Van Saar
Chad,

I'm sorry but that's just not going to cut it this time around.

You made a commitment, an obligation and you need to uphold it. If one or two small things come up missing then you have a responsibility to work with the me and do whatever is necessary to make it right (money, other models, etc).

The fact that you let communication lapse and chose not to inform me immediately but waited until I continued to put pressure with repeated messages doesn't help your position any.

Compound this behavior with your history of irresponsibility and poor performance (even some of your "positives" made note of your slow shipping) leaves it pretty clear to me that this is not some unfortunate circumstance or isolated incident. This is your method of operation.

It's pretty simple; don't promise what you can't (or rather, decide not to) deliver.

I'll be moving this over to the administrative section.

- Barry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it. Once again, the moral to the story: Don't promise what you can not or will not deliver!

I hope this saves someone a headache.

Barry
Unless otherwise noted, my offers are good for 48 Hours or your counter-offer.

Back-Outs, Non-Responders and other Time-Wasters:
lewisds
Wyldwabyt
Mr Ruffles
Proofyeq
chadbacca ( 258 )
Resident Trader

Re: REPEAT OFFENDER - chadbacca / Chad Pittack

Post by chadbacca »

you are right. i did back out of this trade, there's no disputing that. i apologize that i couldn't follow through. as i said before, i made a deal at a hectic time in life when i probably shouldn't have. truth be told, i received a monetary offer for it that i couldn't refuse because my wife and i were short on funds for our wedding. i didn't note that before because i didn't want to start talking too much about personal issues, but it comes out now.

anyway, yeah, the backout is justified. one thing i will mention though is that even though i have had slow shipping and i have backed out before, i've taken responsibility for it. i have made attempts to keep contact as best as i could with users, and have followed through. i've never held out on anyone or stolen any items. sure, it sucks when i take a week or so to ship, but i do my best to let other users know when that is going to be.

also, even though my profile says i am logged in, it doesn't mean that i am actually ON the site and reading messages or scouring the boards. sorry the trade fell sour barry.
"But do not despise the lore that has come down from the distant years; for oft it may chance that old wives keep in memory word of things that once were needful for the wise to know."

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”