Backout Report - phoenixrisin

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

stokerd ( 360 )
Journeyman Trader

Backout Report - phoenixrisin

Post by stokerd »

I had a trade worked out with phoenixrisin for a wraith Eldar army. After he receives the models, he tells me the models were not what he expected and were broken and is sending them back. I am unsure how they are not what he expected, as he received pictures of EXACTLY what was sent. And upon receiving the army back, the "broken" model was the wraithknight whose torso had come loose in shipping. Very disappointed in this trade (first of over a hundred on here).

The original ad

Message history:
phoenixrisin wrote:just to be clear...

Sent: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:28 pm
by phoenixrisin
the eldar army i'm referring to specifically is your undead eldar army.
stokerd wrote:Re: just to be clear...

Sent: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:28 am
by stokerd
Ummm, did you have a question concerning it? I think I might have missed a PM. If you are looking for pictures, here are some.

Thanks,
Doug

phoenixrisin wrote:Re: just to be clear...

Sent: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:34 am
by phoenixrisin
hey there,

i drafted a message and i forgot to send it :/

here it goes...

first of all, i'm sorry about your health issues and i wish you the best.

I was wondering if you could save this army for me if i give you a 100% commitment to day. i would need until two weeks from next wednesday to pay you. My paycheck this coming wednesday is going to be dedicated to bills and rent and then i will be able to buy the army immediately on October 16th when my check direct deposits. if you need the funds more immediately i totally understand but i would really appreciate it if you could hold it. like i said, i'm 100% committed i just can't drop a big chunk of money like that right before rent.

again, good luck with your recovery.

Sent: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:45 am
by stokerd
Can you do a $25 non-refundable deposit? That way I can purchase packing/shipping supplies and have some assurance on you buying the army. I will then hold it for you until Oct. 16, when the $325 balance will be due. Does that work?

Thanks,
Doug

Sent: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:54 am
by phoenixrisin
hey there,

yeah, that seems fair to me. i definitely want it. please let me know what email to send the funds to.

Sent: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:13 am
by stokerd
OK, marked as sold. PayPal address: doug_stoker@roadrunner.com

Thanks!
Doug

Sent: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:19 am
by phoenixrisin
hey there, the deposit is sent.

thanks i'm super excited to expand my eldar ghost army!

Sent: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:31 pm
by phoenixrisin
Hey just a couple of quick questions, do you have the third turret for the wave serpent? I couldn't see it in the picture. I also didnt see the second wraithcannon arm from the wraithknight. Will that be included as well.

I can send you the money sooner than expected as someone loaned me the cash. I'll send the $325 tonight.

Sent: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:49 pm
by stokerd
Yes, all of the arms are there for the Wraithkniggt. One of them is magnetized to switch between the waraithcannon and the suncannon. I do have the third turret, sorry, I forgot to mention it. I ran out of magnets, so had not built it yet. It will be included.

I hope you enjoy the army!

Doug

Sent: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:51 pm
by phoenixrisin
thank you, did you get my payment? also, i know you're probably busy with your everyday life, but i was just wondering when you're going to be able to send off the army?

Sent: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:00 pm
by stokerd
Well, my every day life currently means I sit at home all day and stare at the wall (yes, the is the highlight of my day). My health limits most everything else. I will try extremely hard to get the army out to you tomorrow, but it will depend on when my wife can swing by to get supplies for packing first and then get it to the post office.

Can you send me your address, so I know where to ship it?

Yes, I did get the full payment, and thank you! I really appreciate it.

Doug

Sent: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:03 pm
by phoenixrisin
my address is:

8313 Cardiff Cir.
Plano, TX 75025

it is also included in my paypal payment if you lose this message for some reason or another. thanks!
phoenixrisin wrote:are you not getting my emails?

Sent: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:03 pm
To: stokerd
are you not getting my emails? i've sent you several.
phoenixrisin wrote:I will be sending back the shipment you sent me.

Sent: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:50 am
by phoenixrisin
hey, i regret to inform you that i will be requesting a full refund and i will be sending back the items for the following reasons:

1. two of the wave serpents are NOT wave serpents. they are converted falcons and will not be legal for use as wave serpents.

2. the "wave serpent" turrets aren't even from a wave serpent.

3. the wraithknight is broken beyond repair. i will have to undo the torso in order to fix it and there is no way to do that without taking the entire torso apart.

4. the magnets you used to magnetize the arms on the wraithknight are not nearly strong enough to hold the arms up. so they don't even work.
stokerd wrote:Re: I will be sending back the shipment you sent me.

Sent: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:28 am
by stokerd
Mo,

I do not intend to offer the refund currently. Please see my responses below:

1. I am aware they are not wave serpents, and so should you have been. In the pictures I sent you (attached below) you can see they are converted falcons. I didn't make an issue of it because all three store owners in my area where i play(ed) said it would not be a problem at all.
2. Again, I was aware of that, and again it is shown in the pictures. Again, this was for the same reason as #1.
3. The wraithknight was in perfect condition when it left my house. I packed everything extremely well in packing peanuts and there was minimal movement when I checked the box. I do not know how the model was broken, but do have the insurance from the post office that comes standard with Priority Shipping now.
4. The magnets do not quite hold up the arms, no, but not standard rare earth magnet will. All it takes to fix is some friction on the magnets (a small piece of paper clip usually works for me). As stated in the ad, I was not finished with this army.

Thanks,
Doug
I have the following emails from him. It holds the complete chain, I believe, but I do not have the originals (deleted). This one was sent to me today.
phoenixrisin wrote:hey, i regret to inform you that i will be requesting a full refund and i will be sending back the items for the following reasons:

1. two of the wave serpents are NOT wave serpents. they are converted falcons and will not be legal for use as wave serpents.

2. the "wave serpent" turrets aren't even from a wave serpent.

3. the wraithknight is broken beyond repair. i will have to undo the torso in order to fix it and there is no way to do that without taking the entire torso apart.

4. the magnets you used to magnetize the arms on the wraithknight are not nearly strong enough to hold the arms up. so they don't even work.

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM, Doug Stoker <doug_stoker@roadrunner.com> wrote:
Aah, thanks for reminding me. The army went out this morning - DC#9505 5213 8931 3273 0003 09

Thanks again,
Doug

------ Original message ------
Date: 9/30/2013 6:16 PM
To: Doug Stoker;
Subject:RE:
Hey never heard back from you with that tracking number. Just wondering if you actually sent them out?
On Sep 29, 2013 4:38 PM, "Mo" <againstthagrane@gmail.com> wrote:
So do you think you'll be shipping them tomorrow?
On Sep 28, 2013 5:27 PM, "Mo" <againstthagrane@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey no problem! That would be awesome thanks!
On Sep 28, 2013 1:05 PM, "Doug Stoker" <doug_stoker@roadrunner.com> wrote:
Sorry to have worried you with the slow reply. Yes, I got the address and the army is almost ready to go. It’s been slower packing than I expected, but it should go out today. I will send a message via Bartertown with the tracking number when it goes out.

Thanks,
Doug

Sent: Friday, September 27, 2013 7:44 PM
To: doug_stoker@roadrunner.com
Subject:

Did you get the message with my address?
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Re: Backout Report - phoenixrisin

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

According to your ad, this is what you were selling:
Eldar - Undead Army - 2000+ points SOLD!!
I spent over a year collecting the Wraithguard necessary for this army, only to have them come out with plastic ones. :D These are metal Wraithguard and a metal Spiritseer, with painting started on them. All plastics are bare, however, and most options are magnetized. Not all weapons are currently magnetized, but will be included (I ran out of magnets). I've wanted to run this army for years, and am sad that I have to move on without really getting an opportunity to play it. I hope someone enjoys it!

Spiritseer (actually, I use the Farseer model because I like it better)
Wraithguard x5 w/ Wave Serpent (armed with twin scatter laser and shuriken cannon)
Wraithguard x6 w/ Wave Serpent (armed with twin scatter laser and shuriken cannon)
Wraithguard x6 w/ Wave Serpent (armed with twin scatter laser and shuriken cannon)
Hemlock Wraithfighter
Wraithknight (all weapons option magnetized)
Wraithlord (armed with magnetized shuriken cannon, scatter laser, other weapons options included)
Wraithlord (armed with magnetized shuriken cannon, scatter laser, other weapons options included)

This army includes all flight bases, as well as the hardcover Eldar codex.
Price: $350
If the "Wave Serpents" in your ad are not the model commonly known as "Wave Serpents", but are rather "converted Falcons", then your ad is in violation of Rule 4a: You are also responsible for accurately describing all items that you are trading or selling.

Further, you are responsible for safely delivering to the buyer what you describe, in the condition described.

Lastly, "magnetized" should mean "functionally magnetized", not "I glued magnets on but they don't do what magnets glued in those places are supposed to do".

Consequently, not only is your trade partner NOT a Backout/Deadbeat, but you are open to a Bad Trader Report should you not resolve this situation to your trade partner's satisfaction.

He is well within his rights to initiate a SNAD claim with either his credit card or PayPal.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Re: Backout Report - phoenixrisin

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

If there is no update from either party on this trade within 24 hours, I will close it out.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”