AngstBomb/Jared Robinson: Backout

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Spire_182 ( 124 )
Journeyman Trader

AngstBomb/Jared Robinson: Backout

Post by Spire_182 »

Had an agreed upon sale with AngstBomb (aka Jared Robinson) to purchase some Flames of War minis from him. I asked if he would be willing to send first then I would Paypal his account or mail a check/MO when the minis arrived and he agreed. It's been 22 days, no package and he's been ignoring my PMs (sent 15, nine (9) four (4) and three (3) day ago) on Bartertown. He's left feedback for and received feedback from two other members (15 and six (6) days ago). He last logged into Bartertown on Thu, 09 Aug 2012 21:47:27.

Here are the PM between him and I:
Re: H: FoW Germans W: $$

Sent: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 09:07:41 +0000
by Spire_182
Hi there!

Was looking at the following off your list:

Tiger Ie (x1)
5cm PaK38 (x6, 2NiB, 4 loose)
7.5cm PaK40 (x3 loose)
Grenadier Platoon (x1)

Just a couple of questions. They BattleFront minis and not another company? Are the Tiger Ie and Grenadier Platoon MW or LW?

I'll zap you an offer as soon as I get this last bit of info and check with a buddy. He and I both have German armies and you have stuff we are both talking about adding to our armies.

Thanks for your time!

Mark

Sent: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 09:15:13 +0000
by AngstBomb
Hi there,

Thanks for the interest.

All of these models are from Battlefront.

The Tiger IE is GE070, which is MW. All of the anti tank guns are still available. The Grenadier platoon has possibly been sold. I'm waiting to hear back from the buyer on the final details. To answer your question in case the deal falls through, the blister is GE722, which is rated both MW and LW.

Let me know if I can answer any more questions!

Jared

Sent: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 10:35:07 +0000
by Spire_182
Waiting on hearing back from my buddy. He works third shift (2300-0800h), so it's weird commo times between us sometimes. I know he's more interested in the 2cm FLak38s instead of the PaK40 AT Guns and Grenadiers. Still have those? He gave me a taste of the new Air Support rules (Stuka) and saw my (US Rifle Company) AAA defend pretty well last game.

As for me, I'm looking at the Tiger Ie (GE070) or the three Pak40s and three of the 5cm PaK38s (with one CMD Stand?) for my Tunisian Grenadierkompanie. I'll be honest, if I decide on the Tiger, I'll be low balling the price. In a couple of months the Plastic Soldier Company is coming out with it's Tiger boxed set. At $25 for five Tigers, it's going to be hard to beat.

Mark

Sent: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 10:17:44 +0000
by Spire_182
Sorry, I got tied up yesterday. A long time friend and founder of the local SCA (Society of Creative Anachronism) died on Monday afternoon. So my priorities shifted here as I was getting people informed around the state and region.

My buddy is interested in the 2cm Flak 38s if you still have them. Also, with Battlefront changing their policy on miniatures in their sponsored tourneys, I'm much more interested in that Tiger Ie. I'll offer the following:

2cm Flak 38 blister $10
Tiger Ie blister $10
3x 5cm Pak38 + CMD stand $20

For a total of $40. Because of the disparity of in references, I would ask that you ship first, and then I will pay by PayPal or check/MO.

Mark

This was about $10 less than I could buy these same minis, all NiB, on e-Bay. Also with shipping included. IIRC BattleFront had a price increase about six months ago, so I figured these were right about what Jared Robinson had actually paid for them. I was actually ready to haggle (because I like haggling) and pay up to $45.

Sent: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 10:58:05 +0000
by AngstBomb
Mark,

First, allow me to express my condolences on the passing of your good friend.

Second, $40 sounds good and I'm happy to ship first considering the aforementioned disparity. I'll message you with delivery confirmation as soon as the models are in the mail, which should be tomorrow.

Thanks!

Jared

Sent: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 13:04:43 +0000
by Spire_182
Jared,

Thanks. It's tough, I live in a small college town and there are a lot of dirt bags I'd like to see pass. But lately, it's been the good the people. A couple of weeks ago, it was my neighbor and long time equipment manager at the local high school. Now, I'm kind of waiting for the third set of bad news.

But anyway, my PoC is:

Mark XXXXXX
XXX X. XXXXXXX St
XXXXXX, IL XXXX
XXX-XXX-XXXX

Sent: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:15:45 +0000
by AngstBomb
Hey there,

I sincerely apologize. I cannot find the 2cm FlaK 38 blister. I know I have it but I have no idea where it might be. I spent nearly the entire weekend tearing the apartment apart and I cannot locate it. Is there something else from the list you would like instead? Would you rather renegotiate the price for the Tiger and PaK 38's? Would you rather just scrap the whole deal?

If you want, I would be happy to send all of the PaK 38's for the same price. If you don't need all those PaK 38's, I would be happy to send the 3 Pak 40's.

Just let me know how you would like to proceed.

Jared

Sent: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 06:44:59 +0000
by Spire_182
Jared,

(snicker) I've been there, man. My Lady has my hobby stuff spread out in four rooms of the house, not including my terrain board out in the garage. Sometimes, I'm lucky if I can find my L5R RPG books for my long running Thursday Night campaign.

Well, the 2cm FlaK38s were for my buddy, let me see if there's anything else he wants. He's running an East Front MW Grenadierkompanie right now, and those 2cm FlaK38s were going to be for hist Heavy Squads in the Assault Troop. Which, BTW if you haven't run into it, is a damn nasty unit. But my buddy will be over here today in a couple of hours for a game of Memoir '44, coffee and BS. I'll have look again over the list and let you in a few hours.

Mark

Sent: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 09:20:35 +0000
by Spire_182
Jared,

Do you still have the single 8.8cm FlaK36 blister?

Mark

Sent: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 09:43:05 +0000
by AngstBomb
Yes I do. It's yours if you want it!

-J

Sent: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 06:26:14 +0000
by Spire_182
Jared,

Excellent! Well, for him. Now my M4s will have to run a gauntlet of 88 shells. :'( I'm going to miss the days when they pushed around his PzIIIs.

Let's go with that then.

Mark

Sent: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:37:54 +0000
by Spire_182
Jared,

Just touching base with you. The package hasn't shown up yet. But that's not surprising. XXXXXX isn't the end of the known universe, but you can see it from here. :mrgreen:

Mark
On 26JUL12, AngstBomb/Jared Robinson received feedback on a trade.

Sent: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 19:43:09 +0000
by Spire_182
Jared,

Just touching base again. The package hasn't shown up yet as of today.

Mark
On 03AUG12, AngstBomb/Jared Robinson received Feedback.

On 06AUG12, AngstBomb/Jared Robinson left feedback for two people. Unread PMs removed from my Outbox.

Sent: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 14:34:19 +0000
by Spire_182
Jared,

Just to let you know, the package with the agreed upon FoW minis (Tiger Ie, 3x loose 5cm Pak38 w/crew, 8.8cm FlaK36) hasn't arrived yet. Is there a problem? Has the package been lost by the USPS?

I'd like to hear from you.

Mark

Sent: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 19:18:35 +0000
by Spire_182
Jared,

Still looking forward to hearing from you about these items.

Mark
Last recorded Logon for AngstBomb/Jared Robinson: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 21:47:27. Unread PMs removed from my Outbox.
Spire_182 ( 124 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: AngstBomb/Jared Robinson: Backout

Post by Spire_182 »

AngstBomb has returned!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=262099
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Re: AngstBomb/Jared Robinson: Backout

Post by NuWishA »

I don't think you need to update this just to say he is posting again. Especially since this is a back out report that was made nearly three years ago. I'm locking this thread.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”