Ticklemepink backout

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Trason0523 ( 14 )
New Trader

Ticklemepink backout

Post by Trason0523 »

I can only assume that this qualifies for a backout but I am a little uncertain because I haven't had any problems trading on btown since being a member. Anyway, here goes:

Subject: GETTING OUT OF 40K -- DIRT CHEAP SPACE WOLVES
TickleMePink wrote:Title says it all. I've been trying to sell these Wolves for quite some time now and they just need to go. Make an offer. I'll probably accept it.

28 grey hunters
dreadnaught with laz cannon and combat arm
land raider redeemer
dev squad
2 drop pods
logan
canis
terminator squad (4 hammer and shield 1 claw)

All of the models are primed and base coated with Regal Blue. The dev squad isn't finished being built yet, but everything else is complete. I'll answer any questions you might have. Thank you
I have pictures upon request.

Sent: Fri May 18, 2012 4:33 pm
by Trason0523
Would you piece out what you have? Are any models metal? Im interested and would consider buying all the models if they are cheap enough. Give me an idea of what you are looking for. Saw a guy post an offer 100, I wouldn't be that cheap.

Sent: Fri May 18, 2012 4:48 pm
by TickleMePink
Logan and Canis are both metal. I got an offer for $180 for it all, turned it down.

Thanks
Brad

Sent: Fri May 18, 2012 4:52 pm
by Trason0523
I can offer 200 plus shipping. I'll pay for reasonable shipping first and the rest when i get the models since your btown score is 0. Let me know.

Sent: Fri May 18, 2012 7:02 pm
by TickleMePink
Deal. Give me until Monday and I can have it shipped. I won't be in town this weekend. If you need to get a hold of me here's my email. I'll have my phone on me and can respond via email. Brad*******@gmail.com

Thank you VERY much!!
Brad

Sent: Fri May 18, 2012 8:19 pm
by Trason0523
Is this email the email to transfer funds? Also, get ne a quote so i know what to transfer for shipping. No broken or missing pieces were mentioned so I'm assuming there are none. I'll email too from trason0523@yahoo.com.

Trevor ************
3724 *********************
Olympia, wa 9******
(714)*******

Sent: Sat May 19, 2012 12:06 am
by TickleMePink
There are no broken pieces. Logan and Canis have to have a piece glued back on each. And the Dev squad isn't fully built. There are also 3-4 grey hunters that have to be built. Other than that nothing is broken or anything of the sort. I also have a few paints and a brush or two that I can send with as I won't be needing them anymore either.

That's not the email to send the funds to. I'll email that to you tomorrow morning.
Thanks
Brad

Sent: Wed May 23, 2012 6:56 pm
by Trason0523
Haven't heard from you. Need some sort of communication as to what is going on. If i dont get anything soon, i'm going to assume that the deal is off. I don't want to be pushy or anything but you said ship by monday and its wednesday and I haven't even transfered funds because you haven't sent me an email address for paypal. I know stuff comes up but i need a heads up at least. I am human and i have an understanding for situations but i cant wait forever with no communication at all.

----At this point there is no communication on bartertown anymore. He has yet to read the last PM sent. However I use his secondary contact email and get a response.

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Trevor ********* <t***********@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hey, haven't heard from you about the space wolves. Need some communication on btown. You said you would get me your paypal email by sunday and item would ship monday but i haven't heard anything from you. If i dont hear from you soon i'm going to assume the deal is off. I don't know if feedback can be left on bartertown since no payments were sent but I probably will post a backout.

Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: sw
Sorry! I completely forgot about it. If you can remind me what the deal was I'll be more than willing to send the Space Wolves. What should I pack them? Anything special to keep them from breaking?

-----I give him my address, phone number, and about 15 differant ways to pack models effectively none of which has anything to do with the deal but if I need to post then I can. I did say specifically that if he wanted to back out for any reason right now, I wouldn't have any issues with it. I THEN get a text from him on May 24, I do not have times on these. conversation is as follows written word for word:

From him: Hi Trevor. This is brad from Bartertown. This is the number I recieved from the email. I will look for the packing materials tomorrow morning if that is ok. I'm still good with the deal. I just need to get rid of these guys. I have pictures if you like. I don't remember who I sent pictures to and who I didn't.

From me: I don't really need pictures. I know what space wolves look like on their sprue, half assembled, and primed regal blue looks like. Thanks though. As long as you keep me updated, take what reasonable time you need. Just know that the longer you take to ship, the longer it taked to get rid of them and the later I pay for the models.

From Him: Ok

This is the last time I hear from him from all text messages, phone calls, emails and I gave up on btown messages since he still hasn't read the last one I sent. I gave him a little more than a week. Honestly, even if he did respond tomorrow on the deal, I wouldn't want to trade because his communication is lacking so greatly.
I provide tracking numbers, so should you. Lowest rating ships/pays first. If you have no interest in my PM, be courteous and respond anyway.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Ticklemepink backout

Post by MagickalMemories »

Normally, I'd ask for pics of the text messages, but everything prior to them is enough info to qualify for a backout.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”