Backout Inigo Montoya

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

undeadsoldier ( 126 )
Journeyman Trader

Backout Inigo Montoya

Post by undeadsoldier »

Alright so I was contacted Keith Griffith, aka Inigo Montoya about my blood angel army. He was interested but only had $350 so I cut out part of the deal and offered it to him with no shipping charge even. He sent me his address, I sent him my paypal and then he stopped communicating. He is a new trader so I blame it on that but it just really ticked me off since he totally just stopped talking. Usually I wouldn’t care if somebody had at least an excuse but this just left me with a bad feeling in my mouth. Thanks for listening to my woes bartertown.

Subject: h: ba army w: paypal
undeadsoldier wrote:This is my knights of blood army, heretical blood angels chapter. It was my armies on parade entry and also had a picture of it in white dwarf. It is almost all painted, dont want to split up this army at all. Most of the army is based with a snow covering and mostly everything is painted (if not it will say).
Mephiston converted with possesed wings.
librarian converted up from chaos sorcerer.
Sanguinor converted with a spear and wings, got the idea from the novel deus sanguinius.
3 sanguinary priests one converted tyranid veteran, looks awesome. One is the chapter master of the dark angels with apothecary bits. The last is converted on a bike with ravenwing cloak and powersword.
honorguard with 4 meltaguns and jump packs, converted up from vanguard vets I believe.
20 assault marines with jump packs, 4 meltaguns, 2 powerfists. Also 5 more stripped, and about 15 extra jump packs for foot models below.
5x deathcompany painted, made all models out of chaplain models, looks awesome! Also have two more models unpainted I planed to use for the DC.
OOP lemartes, new in blister. Makes the dc ridiculous.
DC dread converted from metal venerable dread, with two talons.
Metal Furioso dread with converted frag cannon.
Metal furioso dread, stripped unpainted with talons.
About 15-20 assault marines without jump packs, converted with space wolf head to make them look like lunatics, each squad also has a flamer. Have extra jump packs to equip them.
9x vanguard vets, converted from black templar sword bretheren, and also have chaos raptor jump packs. 4 are stripped and might not have packs, ill have to look.
4x bikers, 2x meltaguns, powersword sarge, all made with ravenwing cloaks and the back part of ravenwing bikes.
5x sanguinary guard one with powerfist and one with banner.
This army is very customized and is one of a kind. With that many assault marines, vanguard vets, death company, furiosos, FNP and the best HQs in the game; people will have a hard time stopping it. Serious offers only please, it is seriously hard for me to get rid of this army since I put so much work/thought into it. Here is a random pic of my display board: [url]http://emperorscodex.blogspot.com/2011/ ... owcase.htm
Miscellaneous:
Land raider with forgeworld doors- $50
Storm raven bits, almost a full raven missing the top turret, front glass, feet, base and weapons (was going to use for ork battlewagon conversion, but could easily be finished with bits) $30
6x converted heavy flamer razorback turrets, made from bastion gun mounts and land raider redeemer flamecannon (could be used to make baal preds, or heavy flammer turrets)- $30
18x metal mounted nazghul, used for hexwraiths in vampire counts army- $10 each
30x warhammer fantasy ghouls built, unpainted- $60
more to come when I get home....
Hopefully this will make her happy, if not I may be selling more armies soon. Thanks Btown.

Re: h: ba army w: paypal

Sent: Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm
by Inigo Montoya

could you do 350 paypal right now?

Sent: Sun May 06, 2012 12:28 pm
by undeadsoldier

How does 400 shipped sound

Sent: Sun May 06, 2012 12:40 pm
by Inigo Montoya

Shoot me some pics, please - your link is broken.

Sent: Sun May 06, 2012 12:54 pm
by undeadsoldier

Sure whats your email?

Sent: Sun May 06, 2012 12:56 pm
by Inigo Montoya

gorman_griffith@hotmail.com

Sent: Sun May 06, 2012 1:42 pm
by undeadsoldier

Mail sent if you need anymore pics let me know!

Sent: Mon May 07, 2012 9:30 am
by undeadsoldier

So still interested?

Sent: Mon May 07, 2012 10:20 am
by Inigo Montoya

Yes, it is just a little more than I have right now.

I am trying to round up more, but I sold all my extra 40k stuff to get the 350.

Sent: Mon May 07, 2012 12:02 pm
by undeadsoldier

Well I can do 350 minus the death company and death company dread, how does that sound?

Sent: Tue May 08, 2012 12:30 am
by Inigo Montoya

That is reasonable and doable.
I would love to get the death company items - anything you are looking for?

What is your paypal address?

Ship to
Keith Griffith
2800 Concord Road
Lafayette, IN 47909

Sent: Tue May 08, 2012 9:25 am
by undeadsoldier

my pay pal is_______________(removed). I can ship it out tom, and ill send you the confirmation.

Sent: Wed May 09, 2012 2:29 pm
by undeadsoldier

So wondering if you are going to send me the money? Thinking shipping will be 10$, its been over a day since I heard from you so just wondering so I can ship it out.

Sent: Thu May 10, 2012 10:59 am
by undeadsoldier

Hey there,

Soooo wondering if your still interested? Its been a couple days, I sent you my paypal but I havent heard from you? I would really like to know because if your not interested I would like to re post it.
blood angels?????

Sent: Fri May 11, 2012 2:15 pm
by undeadsoldier

So I have been trying to get a hold of you for a couple days now.... You gave me your address, I gave you my paypal account but you haven't said anything? So what's up?

Keith
We gave up that life long dream.....for plastic, resin and metal soldiers.
undeadsoldier ( 126 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Backout Inigo Montoya

Post by undeadsoldier »

Andddd none of my cool stuff worked from word...crap. Had our comments bolded and lines between each post. Anyways hope its still readable..
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

This bothers me:
Sent: Tue May 08, 2012 12:30 am
by Inigo Montoya

That is reasonable and doable.
I would love to get the death company items - anything you are looking for?

What is your paypal address?

Ship to
Keith Griffith
2800 Concord Road
Lafayette, IN 47909
While providing his address, he was also still trying to negotiate for the Death Co items. I don't see where you resolved that line of the trade so, even if only by a technicality, it looks to me as if he might not be reportable on this. I'm not 100%, though, so I'm going to think on it. Any other staff have a comment on this?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

I believe by asking for a paypal address and giving his own shipping address, he was agreeing to the terms of the first deal. At the same time he was trying to work out some deal for the Death Company items, so perhaps that would be the beginning of a secondary deal?

Makes me wonder if he is married and the wife found out about how much he was going to spend, or if the other deals he mentioned in previous PMs didn't all go through and he didn't have the capital.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
undeadsoldier ( 126 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by undeadsoldier »

I usually wouldnt care at all if he at least said something. Like hey no funds, wife might kill me etc. He just totally stopped talking. I dont know, If you decide this was uncalled for feel free to delete the thread.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”