Backout Trade - ryanrukus

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

jrokowski ( 446 )
Resident Trader

Backout Trade - ryanrukus

Post by jrokowski »

On 12 Jun I PM’ed ryanrukus (Ryan Bellew) about interest in a trade and negotiations started. We settled on a trade based on PM’s and phone conversation. The last I heard that he would ship was Jun 22 then I made 4 more PM to him before he responded on Aug 01, about he got a new job and was busy. I gave it more time to think about doing a Backout Trade Report. I PM on Aug 20 with my intentions on filling a Backout Trade Report. He responded right away with an apology of the lack of communication and that his half of the trade was stolen. I asked for proof of the theft and he says he will not provide. So that’s where I am at.

James
My References:
eBay
Heatware
Bartertown
jrokowski ( 446 )
Resident Trader

Re: Backout Trade - ryanrukus

Post by jrokowski »

Sent: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:04 am
To: ryanrukus

I am interested in your

1 oop great unclean one on dread base [primed]

blood angels.
one pro painted death company dread
one primed/magnetized libby dread...{magnetized for furiso,libby,or death company}
possibly more blood angel stuff.

Are they new editions? Do you have pictures?

I have:
Brother Corbeulo
Lemaretes
Terminator chaplains SM and BA
Tech marine's I’ll check how many or if complete

Also check out my trade thread;

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=139525

I am in PA and can provide pictures

James

Subject: h: csm,ba,and various w:various 40k
ryanrukus wrote:hi fellow bartertowns people i was cleaning out my garage and found some minis and stuff im not in need of any more
haves.
csm.
8 metal csm's oop {bare primed,some paint}
12-14 oop csm's with parts from the new models to make em stand out {primed,bare,some paint}
5 possesed csm's {assembled bare}
1 oop great unclean one on dread base [primed]
5 or 6 metal csm terminators. {primed or bare}
thinning out my chaos a little.

blood angels.
one pro painted death company dread
one primed/magnetized libby dread...{magnetized for furiso,libby,or death company}

gk
gk bits on sprue from 5 terminator boxes and 6 page boxes and 2 dread knights
plus a whole ton of bits and other stuff if the deals are right!

wants
imperial guard teachpriests enginseer's
tech marine's
imperial assassins..all but vindicare
cherubs,
forge world chaos terminator lord zhufor
forgeworld inquisitor rex/retinue
vostroyan first born
a couple commissars
brother corbeulo,lemaretes,or terminator chaplains,
inquisitor models
female inquisitor model
primarch models horus,sanguinius and the emperor
10 sisters repentia.

#####################################

Sent: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:01 pm
To: jrokowski

the dreads are current new models and the great unclean one is 2nd ed or older i could probably provide pics

Sent: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:43 pm

Hey,

Did you have a chance to get some pictures?

James

Sent: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:41 am

what do u want to see and ill get pics to u asap.just to make sure im not wasting your time im not selling any of my models they are trade only items.im trying to thin down or bolster my armies ,chaos,ba,and gk, so just lemme know what u wanna see and ill get back to asap with pics tanks a bunch ryan.

Sent: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:59 am

I am interested in your:

Chaos:
X1 Great unclean one on dread base [primed]

BA:
x1 Pro painted death company dread.
X1 Primed/magnetized libby dread...{magnetized for furiso,libby,or death company}

I have:
Brother Corbeulo (primed)
Lemaretes (NIB)
Terminator chaplains SM and BA (primed and bare)
TechMarines (Iron Wolves NIB I think another bare incomplete and maybe anoyher NIB somewhere)
TechPriest (body only bare)

Also check out my trade thread of wants;

I'll return pictures of my haves when you send me some picture of the Chaos and Dred's abouve please make them detailed.

James

Sent: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:32 pm

I am STILL interested in:

Chaos:
X1 Great unclean one on dread base [primed]

BA:
x1 Pro painted death company dread.
X1 Primed/magnetized libby dread...{magnetized for furiso,libby,or death company}

I still have:
Brother Corbeulo (primed)
Lemaretes (NIB)
Terminator Chaplain (primed and bare)
TechMarines (Iron Wolves NIB I think another bare incomplete and maybe anoyher NIB somewhere)
TechPriest (body only bare)

and more..............

Also check out my trade thread of wants;

I'll return pictures of my haves when you send me some picture of the Chaos and Dred's abouve please make them detailed.

LMK something. OK

James

Sent: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:42 pm

.sorry i havnt had a lot of time i hope this works if not ill try later tonight,what did u want to trade me for 2 dreads and the burgle demon? can only send one image the way i am currently trying...
Attachments

Sent: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Attachments

Sent: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:49 pm

Attachments

Sent: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:26 pm

dud u receive the pics i sent of the items in question...
the death company dread has his other arm and it is also painted ..sorry its in my transport case
as for the dread that is magnetized i also have bits for him and extra arms and bits from an ironclad.
the gd of nurgle is wysiwyg

what were u thinking about trading for those?

Sent: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:55 am

Sorry I didn’t get back to you last night. The pictures look good. I didn’t see the leg armor plates for the primed Dread. Are they with the bits?

What I was thinking and did was I assigned retail values off of the GW site minus some if modified or incomplete. If you agree with the prices then we can start negotiations. You can choose from my list too equal the value of your list. I will supply bases, back packs and bolt pistol arms. I will get a final picture of what you chose and that agree on before shipping. If there is something SM you are looking for; ask maybe I have it. Also a link to my trading thread post; viewtopic.php?f=8&t=139525

Other things I want to clear up.
1. You will have to ship first as you are the lower trade reference trader.
2. I wrap each figure, piece separately and pack very well. I expect the same.
3. My references are in my sig.
4. If we continue I would like to exchange phone numbers, email address and contract info.
5. Where are you located?

Click on it to expand. My haves list pictured top to bottom left to right:

SM Terminator Captain (NIB) $17
Lemaretes OOP (NIB) $15
Dante (NIB) $18
Iron Priest Techmarine (NIB) $13
Terminator Chaplain (primed) $15
Mephiston, Lord of Death (bare) $20
Captain Tycho (stripped) $20
TechPriest (body only and bare) $5
Techmarine (missing 2 of the weapons from servo pack, large servo arm slight miss cast and stripped) $15
Chaplain (modified Crozius stripped) $12
Chaplain (stripped) $15
Brother Corbulo (primed) $17

I want these of yours;
x1 Chaos Daemon of Nurgle as pictured (primed) $15
x1 Death Company Dread w/Lighten Claws complete (painted) $44
x1 Magnetized Libby dread with all the bits, bits from an ironclad and arms pictured (primed) $44

Your value $103

If there is something you don’t agree with please bring it up. I'm a reasonable person and I am sure we can work it out.

Sent: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:24 am

ya thanks james for getting back to me id be interested in ..
Terminator Chaplain (primed) $15
Techmarine (missing 2 of the weapons from servo pack, large servo arm slight miss cast and stripped) $15
TechPriest (body only and bare) $S
M Terminator Captain (NIB) $17
also for a further note i usually don't go price of model as a value for a painted model as it is painted/based, depending on the level of detail and size of model.as i paint models for a living i don't usually sell them for what i payed for them.i would have charged someone 10$ to paint a dreadnaught.the other magnetized dread i have decided to keep.but if your interested id give u the death company dread,and the great unclean one.for the above models listed.
the lemartes i don't care for ,i was looking for the new one and should have stated that sorry
also the space marine termi captain is pretty cool. haunt seen one of those in forever!=]
thanks james again for your time.

Sent: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:35 pm

Hey,

The SM Terminator Captain is a very cool mini. Actually I ended up with 2 for some reason and forgot I had him. I found him looking at stuff for this trade. I thought I would offer it up. So that really worked out nicely for the both of us. That’s a bummer you’re going top keep the other Dread. From what I can tell you’re in CA, correct? I am in PA my info;

James Rokowski
### ######## ##
Mechanicsburg, PA
######

Phone ###-###-####

Check the picture and the trade is:

My;
Terminator Chaplain (primed)
TechPriest (body only and bare)
Techmarine (missing 2 of the weapons from servo pack, large servo arm slight miss cast and stripped)
SM Terminator Captain (NIB)

For

Your;
Chaos Daemon of Nurgle as pictured (primed)
Death Company Dread w/Lighten Claws complete (painted)

That picture of the DC Dread doesn’t really show the paint well. So no offence about me not adding and value to it. Send me your info. Please pack well and wrap the figures in bubble wrap and packing around them mail in a firm box. Make sure you do Deliver confirmation. Send me the Deliver confirmation number when you ship. My shipping methods will be the same.

If you are a painter do you have a site? More info on your painting would be cool.

Thanks for the deal

James

Sent: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:58 pm

okay will do james on the packing i will make sure they are well secured.if i have bubble wrap ill use it .no website just pics as i do only work locally atm due to the fact im cheap and don't feel like dealing with shipping .i don't haggle and i don't care to take the time to do a website ..im backed up as is and my waiting list is like 6 months long atm lmao .i do a lot of paint/for trade stuff ..kinda affords me my hobby really..
my info is

Ryan bellew
#### ### ###### ##
modesto ca,#####

phone..(###)-###-####

thanks man....by chance if u have any fw or stuff that i could use for my gk army or chaos army stuff i have a bloodangel codex almost brand new and would trade that dread probably or my sanguinary guard...but im pretty picky and looking for forge world models or newer models only not really any oop as im generally not a huge fan altho your leman russ was sure a throw back lmao man musta been like 10 years or so since i have even seen or thought about that model...the lord mcragge was also cool usta have him when i was younger as well as squats/zoats/and a whole ton of rouge trader stuff.think the only rt stuff i kept was that great unclean one and a converted 1st ed bloodthirsty.

Sent: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:04 am

Hey Ryan,

I do have the following current Chaos if interested in. Sorry no FW stuff. James

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... rod1090210
Chaos Space Marine Lord (metal NIB)

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... rod1130401
Cypher - The Fallen Angel (metal NIB)

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... rod1095423
Chaos Space Marine Khorne Lord on Juggernaught (stripped metal)

Sent: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:25 am

do u still need a current blood angel codex? if so id trade the chaos lord and corbullo..also are u shipping first or am i...

Sent: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:06 am

Ryan,

Sorry I have the new BA codex. A couple of pm's back I stated the lower trader references ships first. I hope you're ok with that? I didn't hear anything back then so I assumed you were ok with that.

So the Chaos Lord and Corbullo for the other Dread?

James

Sent: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:49 pm

im glad u were able to get your book .no thank u for the dread for 2 minis so i guss were all set i ship out as soon as i get back from vacation ..i think were coming back the thursday or friday.so ill let u know when it goes out thanks again

Sent: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:40 am

hi james its ryan im aiming to get your stuff out to u early next week ill keep u posted!

Sent: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:38 pm

Hey Ryan,

My email is ########### My eBay is in my sig.

So the following reflects the updated trade as we discussed. If I missed something let me know.

My;
Chaos Space Marine Lord (NIB)
Brother Corbulo (primed)
TechPriest (body only and bare)
Techmarine (missing 2 of the weapons from servo pack, large servo arm slight miss cast and stripped)

For

Your;
Death Company Dreadnaught w/Lighten Claws, other weapons arms, sarcophagi’s (painted and magnetize)

I may also be getting the weapons arm for the TechPriest. I am bidding on an auction that has what looks like to be the weapon arm for the TechPriest. If I win the auction I’ll throw it in but I can’t guaranty it.

I am going to send you another PM about the Astorath paint.

James

Sent: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:15 am

Hey Ryan,

Give you an update. I did getting that weapons arm for the TechPriest. So I’ll throw it in to the trade. So funny, I am looking for a complete TechPriest in trade from a guy in CN now.

Did you ever decide what you’re doing with your Astorath? I sold the Primarch Leman Russ on eBay as a Buy in Now option. So my Astorath sits bare metal before me. Haha

James

Sent: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:11 am

Hey Ryan,

Just touching base, I haven’t heard from you in awhile. Will we be able to finish this trade soon? Give me some kind of word. Thanks

James

Sent: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:31 am

Ryan,

I just now need to know if we are going to complete this trade that we agreed on as follows;

My;
Chaos Space Marine Lord (NIB)
Brother Corbulo (primed)
TechPriest (body and weapons arm only stripped and bare metal)

For

Your;
Death Company Dreadnaught w/Lighten Claws, other weapons arms, sarcophagi’s (painted and magnetize)

The last time you sent me a PM was 28th Jun and now this is the 3rd PM I have sent as far as a reach out. I don’t mind long trades as I know you had to finish the DC Dreadnaught, but what I do mind is the lack of communications. Please give me some kind of word as to what your intentions are as far as this trade is concern. Thanks.

James

Sent: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:48 am

sorry james i have a new job and have been super busy i usually dont take this long if u find em another home thats okay i have little to no free time right now and am not sure when i will have some i working 12 hours a day 6 days a week and driving a lot on top of that so mabey now is not a great time

Sent: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:47 pm

Ryan,

After giving this some thought I have decided to filing a Backout Trade Report on you.

My reasons;

1. You did not complete a agreed upon trade via PM’s and Phone conversation.
2. You appeared to have completing trades in the time we agreed on said trade and your last PM.
3. You are now back at soliciting trades.

If you wish to discuss this you can PM me.

James

Sent: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:57 pm

Ryan,

As a quick follow up to Filling a Backout Trade Report on you.

If you wish to discuss this you can PM me. I’ll give you 3 days to respond from the date stamp on this PM. The way to resolve this is honorable complete this trade.

James

Sent: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:15 pm

Hello and I'm sorry for the lack of communication on this end I have been working like crazy and had other various personal problems going on not to mention the theft of two of my army ttanspors holding my blood angels and grey knight army's I'm sorry u feel wronged!proceed how ever u may like it was not my intention to misslead or cause harm in all truth I was excited about our trade.and again I am sorry u feel wronged but I'm without over 1,000$ in miniatures I'm sorry for not responding sooner but life comes first to me always has always will I have completed no trades since around the time we were planning on trading I don't have blood angels or gks to trade any more all I have is my chaos and tyranid army's left now so again I'm very sorry that u feel like u were wronged
As it was never my intention to cause foul feelings but loosing 2 army's kinda put a damper on a lot of trades as well as a huge loss for me in time and miniatures and painting.I have recently decided to trade again on btown to get rid of my tyranids ..
Sorry for any inconviances this may have caused u
Sincerely Ryan

Sent: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:22 pm

Yes James I would love to complete this trade but since my sobal army transports holding all my blood angel and grey knight miniature were stolen from my truck and I now don't own a marine army I cannot complete this trade I am sorry but I no longer need blood angels thanks to the kindness of some individual thinking he needed them more than me i willnot be going out to purchase a dreadnought to complete this trade I do still how ever have the great unclean one on base as my chaos army and tyranid army's were left at home on the day that my army's were stolen if u are still interested in him then that's fine I'd be happy to work something out there but all af my blood angel stuff sadly found a new unwilling home:(

Sent: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:35 pm

Ryan,

When was the “sobal army transports holding all my blood angel” stolen? Did you file a police report? Did you file an insurance clam?

My point is if you can provide me proof; I’ll consider this an unforeseen act and let you out of the trade. Btw sorry for you loss.

James

Sent: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:51 pm

Yes I did file a police report ...file your backout it is unfortunate but the least of my worries I'm not going to feel chastised for having "my" miniatures stolen and let's be clear on the fact that they " were mine pal and i don't care any way I can go to put an offer on a house and decide I don't want it unfortunately that was not the case and my cases were stolen out of my truck and I'm out well over 1,000$ in miniatures I need not prove any thing to some guy over the Internet I receives nothing from u .. And u nothing from me I entered into no legal binding contract making me contractually obligated by law to fulfill I apoligised to u that I was unable to complete our trade but that's about all I can do for u ! I am not going to rush out and buy a dreadnaught and magnitize and paint it for marines that I no longer possess an army to nor am I going to be giving u any thing for free .. Worst case I get a " backed out" which is fine if u want to be like that pal but it's not the end of the world I'll explain my situation as I did to u and any one who needs " proof some dumb *edit* like that isn't worht trading with anyway.. Also I'm not gonna give some
Random guy my personal info for the sake of his own desire to feel better about what ever it is that he wants to feel better about " oh and the sarcastic sorry for your loss while u are being a complete ass isn't worth a whole lot pal.

Sent: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Ryan,

My sorry for your loss was sincere!

You can blackout any personnel info you do not wish to divulge. The request was to simply qualify your clam of the reason of the backout trade, which now is different than you PM on Aug 01, 2011 12:48 am. Things are simply not adding up anymore to me. You have also provided me your address and phone number is the past.

I do not feel I need to gain any feelings out of this. I am a very reasonable person. You failed to complete the trade and communicate. My request for you to simply proved proof of your claim and is not unreasonable.

James

Sent: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:53 pm

not adding up? the last time i messaged u we were on for a trade since then i have lost a job gained a job and lost 2 army s due to some random act of thievery or perhaps some one knew what it was that they were stealing i don't know i believe my items were stolen about a week after our last conversation but i would have to look at the date on the police report to be sure. im not blacking out anything yea i sent u my address because we intended on working out a trade fill out your back out report if thats what u feel u have to do.i apologized to u and thats all your going to get from me man stop sending me pms i have nothing further to discuss with u i owe u nothing especially a copy of my police report ,i understand if u sent something and got nothing in return but to make such a big deal about a trade not going through even after the person finally explained to u that they have had a series of unfortunate events unfold in their personal life im sorry i didn't respond to u sooner but lots of other things in my life were unfolding ie{losing job,armys being stolen,finding and starting work,] and a trade on barter town for a hobby took very little priority .any one with half a bit of reason would understand and move on.not try and make someone feel like crap because they befell hard times or had something unfortunate happen to then and be like "prove it" i dont owe u anything!
My References:
eBay
Heatware
Bartertown
jrokowski ( 446 )
Resident Trader

Re: Backout Trade - ryanrukus

Post by jrokowski »

These PM's fill a gap of PM's from Jun 26-Jul 05.

At first I didn’t think there were relative to the trade backout. These were spawn PM’s for possible paint to trade deal that didn’t materialize.

My point is that He mention in the last PM (Jun 28) of this series of 4 PM’s that he, “I might also be selling my blood angels for a tyrinid army but I'm not sure yet”. Why does this have bearing? He now has a Tyrant Army up for grabs (Aug 15) links follow. I also have the screen shots if he edits the posts.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=145228&p=288258#p288258

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=145469&p=288808#p288808

Why would someone say they are getting rid of a BA Army for a Tyrant Army then post a “H:nids W:army swap” if it didn’t happen? Perhaps he had 2 Tyrant Army? This does not seem likely to me. He clams his BA Army was stolen as a reason for the Trade Backout. Does this seem fishy?

Another fishy thing is he also received a Good Trade Reference on 7-2-2011 for a trade involving “Traded some Chaos marines for some GK items,”. He also had a GK Army up for trade which I mentioned in PM (Jun 28) and he confirmed in PM (Jun 28). Yet he claims his GK Army was also stolen. Not saying this trade was part of that just suspicious.

There are way too many inconsistencies to his store. This is confirmed by him in PM (Aug 20) of the theft of “blood angel and grey knight miniature were stolen from my truck”.

Sent: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi Ryan,

I have been gathering my thoughts on this. I proposed this to another painter and he said it was a good write up for a commission paint job. So I’ll start with it. I still feel a bit awkward about this because the lack of experience and how to really explain it. Please bear with me.

My Astorath is a 5 piece bare metal model with a 25mm base. I cleaned the mold lines and removed metal residue. I also have him dry fitted pretty much where I want him. I would like to pin him but not sure what you’ll need assembled or not. So I guess you need to finish with the final assemble. Also any finial cleaning as you feel fit. If that is what you do. I really don’t know. The weapon is the trickiest part to fit right as not to leave a gap in the back underside.

The following is an overall of what I was looking for in a paint job. Then again I don’t know the how complex this is or how high of a level to rate it. I want, out of a scale of 1-10 an 8 or better with a scale of 5 being a nice gaming piece. I mean I don’t expect a Golden Damon piece but something that really says “WOW who painted that”. Again I have no idea how complex he is to paint, dye or pigment.

I hope these links work.

The overall body in a dark blood red with the armor frame, top of the wings and jump pack done in gold bronze. Like in this picture linked: http://www.coolminiornot.com/273935

Another example of the (overall body) but I don’t like the wing blue in this link. I like the hair black and the face white with the purple gray as in this same picture linked.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery- ... p?i=113520

I would like the wings color dark like in this picture linked but I think the same as the hair will work maybe with blood soaked tips and splatter. The tops of the wings still need to be the gold bronze color: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/inde ... pic=205075

http://fantasygames.com.pl/wp-content/u ... 6/ast1.jpg
Wings blood splatter I like

Astorath weapon is the Executioners Axe. It is a two handed power weapon that the handle is made of a spinal bone. So it has all these vertebrae ridges and the butt is a cross section. I like this look and the way the energy emanates off the electrode on side cheek protruding from the butt of the power axe. Actually I like the hair and feather color here as well; http://www.madmaxon.sk/tovar/2727_tb_40 ... rath_1.jpg

The little skulls on the shoulder pad painted like little skulls. The purity seals the seal in red the rest like a scroll. The giant scroll hanging beneath the jump pack the same and the scroll on the purity seal. The blood drop gems on the forehead, knees and stomach painted red. The knee pads, little skulls around the body and on ankle, wing on the stomach painted gold bronze and nothing green.

I hope this doesn’t seem too complicated or picky. I hope this all makes sense and is do able by somebody. I appreciate any feedback advice and thanks for your time. I wanted to do the commission paint for trade. I have it listed here on BT and DakkaDakka. What do you think?

James

Sent: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:23 pm

{PICTURE}

Sent: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:14 pm

Ryan,

The Astorath looks good. I cut the url into a browser and got a better pic. I am sure that figure looks a lot nicer in person. Is this the one that has the broken axe? What did you think of write up?

I saw you listed your Grey Knights. It seems so did a few other folks.

James

Sent: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:57 pm

Ya James that's a pretty good write up I painted my astoroth a while back I was happy with it
You had a very detailed description would help a painter for sure.ya I put the gks up but nothing has been what I'm looking for them.I have put 400-500$ into them and allege hqs are painted IMO to a 7-8/10 and I havnt got an offer yet that was even or close to even I wanted orks but all I was getting offered was aobr orks and where I live I can buy all the orks stuff from aobr for 30 bucks. And if things are painted sub table I'm not gonna trade even msrp.as I'd have to strip and work just to be able to use it.all in all I might also be selling my blood angels for a tyrinid army but I'm not sure yet
My References:
eBay
Heatware
Bartertown

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”