Backout, Dan AKA falcon_punch

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Backout, Dan AKA falcon_punch

Post by kturock »

By his own admission, he's unreliable;

I offered to sell 2 squads of 1000 sons models. He agreed to buy, then said he would pay. then didn't.
When I sent him a pm, he said Woop, I changed my mind."

I originally wasn't going to post a backout. But it seems to me, that he just doesn't care to follow through.
I feel I have to warn other potential traders.

Here's the thread.

Re: W: Thousand Sons, Chaos H: Paypal, Other Stuff
Sent: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:51 am
by kturock

Hi.
I have:
2 sets of 1 aspiring champs & 8 CSM. Minis are built. Bare metal/plastic. Never painted or primed. These are the current style models.

$28.88 for a 8 CSM & 1 Aspiring Sorcerer.
$57.76 for all 18 minis.

Prices +shipping & Paypal fees.

Subject: W: Thousand Sons, Chaos H: Paypal, Other Stuff

falcon_punch wrote:
Hey Im looking to get into 40k. I want models that haven't had paint touch them yet.
My wants are:
- Thousand Sons Squads
- Chaos Rhinos
- Chaos Defilers
- Chaos Terminators
- Thousand Sons Bits
- Forgeworld Thousand Sons Stuff
- Chaos Daemon Prince

I have to trade:
- Axis and Allies Board Game (the whole world one)
- Some xbox games (ask and I'll probably have it)
- paypal

Sent: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:27 pm
by falcon_punch

Can you send pictures for verification? Also you say CSM so are they Thousand Sons or Chaos Scpace Marines?

Thanks,

Dan

Sent: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:41 pm
by kturock

I haver over a 300+ rating here and the same at ebay. That you can search, I use the same name on both.

You can pm the mods porkuslime or magickal memories to verify my refs here.

They are the exact same 1000 sons models as on GW's site.

1000 sons are csm, but specific models. Like SW are SM.

Here he agrees to the deal.

Sent: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:03 am
by falcon_punch

Aw ok. I see. You just confused me. So you say 18. Does that mean 2 squads of 9 wth an Aspiring Sorcerer for eac? If so Im in as soon as I get paid this upcoming payday.

Thanks,

Dan

Sent: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:08 am
by kturock

Like I stated; I have 2 sets of 8 1000 sons with 1aspiring champ, for a total of 18 models. [16 troopers & 2 champs.]
All are bare metal/plastic. Never painted or primed.

I also have a couple other 1000 sons models, but they are spray primed black. I also have 1 more aspiring champ. He is missing the backpack and has a different pistol.

Here he agrees to the deal a 2nd time.

Sent: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:12 pm
by falcon_punch

Alright well thanks for the info. I'll definitely take the 2 squads off your hands. 57.76 you said correct? Also can you give me 3-4 days to get my paycheck? I will send you a message on my shipping info as soon as I pay you on paypal.

thanks,

dan

Sent: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:55 pm
by kturock

Right, $57.76 [plus shipping & any Paypal fees], for the 18, current style, Thousand Sons minis; 16 troopers & 2 aspiring champs. All bare metal/plastic.

Send me your zip code & I can calculate the shipping in advance.

And confirms again he's going to buy them.

Sent: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:53 pm
by falcon_punch

My zip code is 44241. What's your paypal? I actually have the money now. Lolz. I'll pay as soon as I get back from my local FLGS.

Thanks,

Dan

Sent: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:07 pm
by kturock

Postage is $7.50, for priority mail with insurance & d/c.
Paypal's fee is about $2.50.
So your total is $67.76.

my paypal infor is my email addy, [removed]

Sent: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:59 pm
by kturock

Hey dude, are you still going to buy the minis?
I sent you the payment info 2 days ago and see you've been on at least once since.

Here's his backout.

Sent: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:36 pm
by falcon_punch

Sorry I'm passing on your deal. I found a better one I cannot pass up that will get my 1k son army off the ground for cheap.

Thanks,

Dan

Sent: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:15 pm
by kturock

So, after waiting 2 days for payment, and sending you a PM requesting the payment status, you tell me you're backing out.

You said you were sending payment on Thursday.
"I'll pay as soon as I get back from my local FLGS."
That's an agreement to buy/trade.

I've already wrapped the minis and have them packed waiting to ship.
Now, on Saturday night, you change your mind.

You "Last edited by falcon_punch on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.".
So you were online since you said you were going to send the payment.
You didn't bother to contact me even though you were online and didn't plan on sending the payment

This is a backout, but I don't feel like going through the hassle of posting it right now.

Not a good way to start off trading here on B-town.

Sent: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:34 am
by falcon_punch

Woops sorry about that. At least I responded. I'm sure some people don't. Maybe nnext time I should say it takes me a couple days to commit due to the possibility of better deals occurring. Sorry but that's what life and business is about. If I can get a premium for cheaper I'm going to take it.

Sorry for the inconveniance,

Dan

Sent: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:06 pm
by kturock

I guess you don't understand.
You did commit to buy.

And what your saying now is, you have no reliabilty. Your word means nothing

And that's why I'm posting this. He seems to feel that he can change his mind and not tell his trade partner, unless he's questioned on it.

Glad I didn't mail the minis and was only waiting on payment.

Traders be warned.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Spartan 117 ( 24 )
BTown Regular

Re: Backout, Dan AKA falcon_punch

Post by Spartan 117 »

In his defence he did state for you to give him 3-4 days until he got his paycheck. You messaged him 2 days afterward...... And asked him what the deal is. Although he stated he had the money he originally said give him 3-4 days. I see that as a time period in which stuff can happen on here such as better deals and other occurances so I do sympathize whit him. (I know him in real life, lol and hes real new to this Bartertown scene so I guess I'll have a talk with him next time I see him at my FLGS, but thats beyond the point) I can see why your annoyed but you should be able to understand yourself if someone gave you a deal that was better and more affordable while you were collecting money for another one, that you yourself would probably jump on it in a heartbeat. He also never gave you his address so how could of even sent minis in the first place without payment anyway.

The bottom line is, it looks like you gave him a grace period of 3-4 days. And knowing Dan in real life, well hes a big time business person thats up there in the latter...... Just lettting you know about my buddies personality, you better really read something if you deal with him because he deals with other people like this for a living. Better really read the fine print of what he says.
Dark Angels - 10000
Steel Legion IG - 3500
High Elves - 2850
Blitzburgh Steelers Blood Bowl Team
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

So, you're his friend and are defending him. That is fine, but he still backed out.

He said twice he would pay, then when he didn't I asked him why.
He said he changed his mind. If I waited more time, it wouldn't have mattered. He already had changed his mind, and by his own admission, started another deal.

He said he wanted the minis.
Said he pay after he left FLGS.
Then didn't.
I waited till 'after payday' and sent a PM asking if he still wanted them. I already checked and saw he was online since he said he'd buy them. After he asked for my payment info. So, by then he must have had another deal. When he asked for my payment info, I wrapped the minis, packed them in a box, weighed them and calculated shipping.
All wasting my time.

So, friend of yours or not, it's still a back out.
If I didn't contact him asking where the money was, It appears he wouldn't contact me saying he changed his mind.
Thats not much of a "well hes a big time business person thats up there in the latter'.

If he would have contacted me when he 1st changed his mind, and not waited until I contacted him, I probably wouldn't have posted the BO.
I even told him that. But, he seems not to care about his trades or who he's trading with.
I guess he's too much of a 'big time business person".

It's still a Backout.
He said he pay and then didn't.

Spartan 117 wrote:In his defence he did state for you to give him 3-4 days until he got his paycheck. You messaged him 2 days afterward...... And asked him what the deal is. Although he stated he had the money he originally said give him 3-4 days. I see that as a time period in which stuff can happen on here such as better deals and other occurances so I do sympathize whit him. (I know him in real life, lol and hes real new to this Bartertown scene so I guess I'll have a talk with him next time I see him at my FLGS, but thats beyond the point) I can see why your annoyed but you should be able to understand yourself if someone gave you a deal that was better and more affordable while you were collecting money for another one, that you yourself would probably jump on it in a heartbeat. He also never gave you his address so how could of even sent minis in the first place without payment anyway.

The bottom line is, it looks like you gave him a grace period of 3-4 days. And knowing Dan in real life, well hes a big time business person thats up there in the latter...... Just lettting you know about my buddies personality, you better really read something if you deal with him because he deals with other people like this for a living. Better really read the fine print of what he says.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Spartan 117 ( 24 )
BTown Regular

Post by Spartan 117 »

Wait a second your last comment has too many questions in itself....... Hold on here.

From the message log he never gave you his address. why would you box something up if you didnt know where to send it. He just gave the zip so you could tell him what postage is. That makes sense. You can't just rush into conclusions. Also you were clearly asking him to pay for shipment. So technically speaking why even start a process if the person your dealing with hasn't paid you yet. Thats not a Bartertown rule thats just common sense.

I can understand you seeing it as a backout but I think he was kind enough to say he wasn't going to buy them afterall and told you he wasn't going to purchase them. Whats worse waiting for payment for weeks or knowing frustratingly that your sails partner isnt going to buy them from you after all? If you ask me sending messages and getting no responses is probably the absolute worst. He first said 3-4 days anyway and you contacted him in less then 36 hours from when he "committed to the deal." So techincally what your saying is all he had to say is instead of "I'll take them off your hands or I'll pay you as soon as I get back from my FLGS," all he really had to say was, "maybe I will....... what I just said." I see you have been trading on here for a while and I respect that but I think you 2 were both wrong on too many occasions on this one. I'll have to let him know whats up but thats ashame you would post a backout on a freshfaced new user trading noob. (sorry Dan in your defence bud) I see that as kinda low granite I am also relatively new to Bartertown as well.

Oh well thats all I have to say. Im done with tryna defend ya Dan.
Dark Angels - 10000
Steel Legion IG - 3500
High Elves - 2850
Blitzburgh Steelers Blood Bowl Team
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Please, do not turn back Out Threads into verbal sparring matches.
A deal was agreed to, then backed out of. All other facts or opinions aside, those two look to be legitimate facts. That being the case, an agreement was made and, therefore, eligible for backout. Opinions on whether it SHOULD have been left, really, do not belong here.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

You're obviously responding to help/protect a freind. Which is a noble cause.

But, you're also way off-base.

IF you can read the facts, without a prejudice eye, you'll see them.

I'm not about to argue something that is so blatent.

LIke MM said, he said yes, then changed his mind. Backout.

He never contacted me saying he backed out.
I contacted him asking where the money was 2 days after he said he'd pay that night.
On the 3rd day after the payment was supposedly sent, he replied saying he backed out.
If I didn't ask, when was he going to tell me?
I'm supposed to wait a week for an instant payment to ask about it?

He.
Backed.
Out.

btw, Paypal provides his address for shipping. I don't need him to send it to me.

Spartan 117 wrote:Wait a second your last comment has too many questions in itself....... Hold on here.

From the message log he never gave you his address. why would you box something up if you didnt know where to send it. He just gave the zip so you could tell him what postage is. That makes sense. You can't just rush into conclusions. Also you were clearly asking him to pay for shipment. So technically speaking why even start a process if the person your dealing with hasn't paid you yet. Thats not a Bartertown rule thats just common sense.

I can understand you seeing it as a backout but I think he was kind enough to say he wasn't going to buy them afterall and told you he wasn't going to purchase them. Whats worse waiting for payment for weeks or knowing frustratingly that your sails partner isnt going to buy them from you after all? If you ask me sending messages and getting no responses is probably the absolute worst. He first said 3-4 days anyway and you contacted him in less then 36 hours from when he "committed to the deal." So techincally what your saying is all he had to say is instead of "I'll take them off your hands or I'll pay you as soon as I get back from my FLGS," all he really had to say was, "maybe I will....... what I just said." I see you have been trading on here for a while and I respect that but I think you 2 were both wrong on too many occasions on this one. I'll have to let him know whats up but thats ashame you would post a backout on a freshfaced new user trading noob. (sorry Dan in your defence bud) I see that as kinda low granite I am also relatively new to Bartertown as well.

Oh well thats all I have to say. Im done with tryna defend ya Dan.

About420Arabs ( 14 )
Trade Novice

Post by About420Arabs »

ok i agree that this is a backout however i would like to suggest that this is a little bit too hasty... the kid is a little new to the whole site and i know that at the begining of my time here i had some issues with learning the lay of the land and how everything works... frankly i would have warned the kid and sent him on his way... Lastly, i would question this...: how many offers did you have to turn down because he backed out? if the number is high (let's say for e.g. more than 2) then you are in your right to do this... however, i would believe that if you didn't lose out on anything then you have no reason to have posted this on here...! I'm glad to see you're still trading and good luck in the future!
Alu Akbar! Alllalalalalalalalalah! KaBoom!

Eldar: 3750
Necrons: 1500

If you say you're gonna pay... Please do so! you will be given 3 days to pay or i will sell them to someone else!

If you still need a Trader Ref. remind me... I may have forgotten about it!

If you buy from me i always try to give you something extra in return! and i will always go out of my way to help you if there is and issue!
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

About420Arabs wrote:ok i agree that this is a backout however i would like to suggest that this is a little bit too hasty... the kid is a little new to the whole site and i know that at the begining of my time here i had some issues with learning the lay of the land and how everything works... frankly i would have warned the kid and sent him on his way... Lastly, i would question this...: how many offers did you have to turn down because he backed out? if the number is high (let's say for e.g. more than 2) then you are in your right to do this... however, i would believe that if you didn't lose out on anything then you have no reason to have posted this on here...! I'm glad to see you're still trading and good luck in the future!

Reread my pm from saturday at 10pm.
I warned him. I even said that I wouldn't post a BO.

His next pm, basiclly saying he didn't see it as a big deal, is what caused me to post the BO.

It said to me, that he didn't consider it a big deal, to make a deal, to make a contract and then break it.

I spent 30+ minutes, wrapping the minis, packing them in a box, and calculating the postage.
So, I did lose out on the cancelled deal.
Now, I have to hope to not need to unwrap the minis for anything.

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

About420Arabs wrote:ok i agree that this is a backout however i would like to suggest that this is a little bit too hasty... the kid is a little new to the whole site and i know that at the begining of my time here i had some issues with learning the lay of the land and how everything works... frankly i would have warned the kid and sent him on his way... Lastly, i would question this...: how many offers did you have to turn down because he backed out? if the number is high (let's say for e.g. more than 2) then you are in your right to do this... however, i would believe that if you didn't lose out on anything then you have no reason to have posted this on here...! I'm glad to see you're still trading and good luck in the future!

I also note that you are from the same area as he and spartan.

Maybe the 2 of you should have helped him, councilled him, informed him; on the 'lay of the land' for b-town.

Avarice ( 66 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Avarice »

This post is about a back out that was clearly legit as said by even a mod, if a mod didn't feel it was unwarranted or undeserved then it would be removed but as they don't stop attacking the OP for putting a back up out.
About me:
1. GW retail doesn't equal value if you intend to sell me assembled/stripped/primed/painted items. These all devalue them and anyone can get 20-30% of GW retail.
2. If I take the time to write you please be kind enough to at least tell me no or not interested.
3. Lowest reference ships first
4. I only deal with the lower 48 states, sorry just easier that way.
About420Arabs ( 14 )
Trade Novice

Post by About420Arabs »

Look i agree with you people i was just trying to present another side from my experience... you guys aren't exactly new to this... and it seems that you may have lost touch... spartan is a friend... however looking at this issue with an objective view point is a must, and from an objective place it seems as though you are acting like, a rookie should have the same approach to the game as a verteran... (excuse the analogy)... it's a little absurd... but if you wish to go about your ways and not passing along info of how to make trading easy and worry free please don't trash the new guy it makes it seem as though there is no room for error here and in the end you will lose the base of what makes this website so great! (aka the people!)... again, i stress that you are correct in your view... however i do believe that some leeway is in order... again, good luck in your trading in the future and i wish all of the people in this the best!

If you say you're gonna pay... Please do so! you will be given 3 days to pay or i will sell them to someone else!

If you buy from me i always try to give you something extra in return! and i will always go out of my way to help you if there is and issue!
getupandgo ( 786 )
Expert Trader

Post by getupandgo »

About420Arabs wrote:Look i agree with you people i was just trying to present another side from my experience... you guys aren't exactly new to this... and it seems that you may have lost touch... spartan is a friend... however looking at this issue with an objective view point is a must, and from an objective place it seems as though you are acting like, a rookie should have the same approach to the game as a verteran... (excuse the analogy)... it's a little absurd... but if you wish to go about your ways and not passing along info of how to make trading easy and worry free please don't trash the new guy it makes it seem as though there is no room for error here and in the end you will lose the base of what makes this website so great! (aka the people!)... again, i stress that you are correct in your view... however i do believe that some leeway is in order... again, good luck in your trading in the future and i wish all of the people in this the best!
As a neutral third party, it's pretty clear that the OP DID give leeway, and say that he wasn't going to post a backout. Falcon_punch then made the ridiculous claim that it was "no big deal", which inflamed the situation... the only person to blame for this being here is him.
Always ship with delivery confirmation, I do the same.

Rating of less than 100 (or with no known traders)? You ship first (for trades and purchases), otherwise, we can ship simultaneously.

YOU must ship your package; not your wife, friend, lover, cousin, or dog. If you are not able to ship packages yourself, then please don't work out a deal with me.
About420Arabs ( 14 )
Trade Novice

Post by About420Arabs »

good point and thanks! now i completely agree!

imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Post by imp522 »

It's legit whether you agree or not. One admin already stated to leave opinions out of this thread. Next off topic post the poster can expect a vacation from the site.
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”