Birchm Backout/Deadbeat

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

joko12 ( 118 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Birchm Backout/Deadbeat

Post by joko12 »

Sorry its very obvious that I do not know how to use the quote button.

Sorry about that.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

So, joko12, what's the final word? Are you still interested in selling these models if Birchm comes up with the cash? How long would you be willing to give him? Set a firm date please and do it here in the open. Birchm, if joko12 is still interested in selling can you come up with the cash? How long would it take you? You, too, need to provide firm dates. That way if one of you doesn't hit the target date there is more solid ground to build a backout on.

At this point I would either try to finish the deal following the above guidelines or call it a wash and move on.

My read of the situation as it it stands is that joko12 got frustrated with being told to wait just a little longer on too many occasions and put up this backout. It would have been better if he had given Birchm a little more notice, but it's not mandatory for him to do so. As such, I can't really see any grounds to pull this down. Now, I also think it would be a little over the top if joko12 gave Birchm negative feedback over this. Yes, it dragged out a long time, but Birchm, at the very least, did keep up good communication. joko12, I think you had slightly unreasonable expectations when it came to communication. If you expect your trade partners to consistently get back to you within 24 hours of every PM you send I think you're going to run into quite a bit of disappointment. Heck, I get people who drop off the face of the earth for a week at a time. Not everyone has time to get online everyday or even every other day. A lot of people take internet access for granted in the age of smart phones, but not everyone has one.

I think a lot of this could have been avoided if both of you would have been firmer with your intentions and made deadlines that you stuck to. That's just my observation though and a hint for future deals.

-HZ, Bartertown Watch
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
joko12 ( 118 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by joko12 »

Sorry I keep posting, but I thought maybe this should just be moved to the bad trader forum instead of the deadbeat/backout forum.

Not sure if that makes an difference at all, but I just thought about it.
joko12 ( 118 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by joko12 »

Thanks for getting back to us. And sorry for posting again, I did not see that you had replied to what I had posted.

Yes I would still be willing to do the deal if Birchm comes up with the money.

I would think it could be done in the next three days if possible.

I think that is plenty long enough. A money order would be fine!

If there is anything else I need to address please contact me.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

joko12 wrote:Sorry I keep posting, but I thought maybe this should just be moved to the bad trader forum instead of the deadbeat/backout forum.

Not sure if that makes an difference at all, but I just thought about it.
Nope, this is not a Bad Trader forum offense. The BTR forum is for when actual theft/loss occurs. For example, if you had sent your army first and THEN Birchm hadn't paid this would be a BTR-able offense. As such, this is strictly a deadbeat/backout forum issue.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
joko12 ( 118 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by joko12 »

Ok good I just wanted to make sure I posted this in the correct area.

And regardless of what you do Birchm I will not leave a negative ref.

Just a heads up.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

Birchm doesn't seem to be coming back so I'm locking this thread as it seems to have reached it's end. If anyone has anything to add please PM me.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”