Tyrannus Backout

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

DarkTraveler777 ( 194 )
Resident Trader

Tyrannus Backout

Post by DarkTraveler777 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:11 am

Tyrannus contacted me on the 26th of July with an interest in purchasing an Iron Kingdoms RPG book. By the 27th we had agreed on a shipping price and a method of payment. After 8 business days I contacted Albert again to see if he had managed to send off payment. That message, sent on August 6th remains unread and in my Outbox.

Tyrannus has not logged in to Bartertown since August 6th (before I sent him the follow up PM) so I don't think he is purposely avoiding me, however I'd like to sell this book and the lack of communication and lack of payment is bothersome. Is it appropriate at this point to consider the transaction void and would I be able to re-list this book for sale? As can been seen from the messages posted below Tyrannus did not give me an alternate method of contacting him so his absence from this site makes it impossible to inquire about his intention to complete the purchase of RPG book.

Any advice on the matter would be appreciated.

Here are the PMs that were swapped between us. Please note that I edited out my shipping address:
Re: H: IKRPG Monsteromicon Vol. 1 W:$ or IG Praetorians

Sent: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:17 am
To: DarkTraveler777
Hi,

I was taking a look at your ad (Subject: H: IKRPG Monsteromicon Vol. 1 W:$ or IG Praetorians), and was interested in buying the book you're selling.

How much would shipping be to area code 02155?

Let me know!
--Albert

Sent: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:18 pm
by DarkTraveler777
Hello Albert,

Thanks for contacting me. According to the USPS website it would be $5.55 for Priority Mail + 0.70 for delivery confirmation for a total of $6.25. Insurance if you wanted it would be an additional $1.75

If you would like to verify the costs I am shipping from zip code 91780 and I plugged in a weight of 1 pound for the book (it is a hard back with some weight to it).

Please let me know if you have any other questions and thanks again.

John

Sent: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:58 am
by Tyrannus
Hey John,

$26.25 sounds great! I think that I will be able to get to the post office in the next few days for a money order, if you'd be kind enough to give me your mailing info.

Thanks!
--Albert

Sent: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:38 pm
by DarkTraveler777
Hello Albert,

Excellent, I will get the book boxed up for you.

Please make the money order out to:

John XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXX

I will PM you when the money order arrives and again with the DC number of your package when I ship the book out.
Thanks!

John

Sent: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:56 pm
by DarkTraveler777
Hello Albert,

I was just wondering if you had a chance to mail off payment yet for this book?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

John
"'This isn't really death,' Tyler says. 'We'll be legend. We won't grow old.' I tongue the barrel into my cheek and say, Tyler, you're thinking of vampires..." Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

***USERS WHO NEED NOT CONTACT ME ON ACCOUNT OF POOR COMMUNICATION***
vurumai
NJtrader
godsonlyson
ginganinja
Timetotrade
krustykilla

MagickalMemories ( 822 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Tyrannus Backout

Post by MagickalMemories » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Valid backout, regardless of his reason.

Yes. You're more than justified in relisting it. A week is plenty of time to wait. Obviously, you've gone beyond that.
I'd suggest you PM him one more time, let him know that you've reported him as having backed out of the trade & inform him that the book is no longer available for him. Then, relist it.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

DarkTraveler777 ( 194 )
Resident Trader

Re: Tyrannus Backout

Post by DarkTraveler777 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:35 am

Thanks for the input, MM.
"'This isn't really death,' Tyler says. 'We'll be legend. We won't grow old.' I tongue the barrel into my cheek and say, Tyler, you're thinking of vampires..." Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

***USERS WHO NEED NOT CONTACT ME ON ACCOUNT OF POOR COMMUNICATION***
vurumai
NJtrader
godsonlyson
ginganinja
Timetotrade
krustykilla

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”