The Bad Trader forum is for reporting people who have ripped you off, not someone who said mean words to you. Don't come here to gripe and moan - legitimate complaints only.
The definition of legitimate complaint will meet at least 3 of the 4 additional criteria after the first listed below :
- If you have not received your part of the trade/purchase within a reasonable time after you've sent what you agreed to,
- If you have tried contacting the other party and they have not replied to your satisfaction within a reasonable time,
- If they are being deceptive (and you can prove it) or otherwise ignoring you,
- If you don't get what you bought,
- If the items arrive in a different condition than what they were promised (ie damaged or pieces missing),
You MUST!!! have the following:
Proof of Bartertown-based transaction:
- scanned receipt (USPS, UPS, Fed-Ex, etc.),
- emails with complete headers,
- private messages,
- or other form of communication that clearly states what was being traded for what, when, who was sending first, when the packages were sent, and so forth!
Additional helpful items:
- Pictures of the items in question,
- delivery confirmation numbers,
- insurance slips,
- other forms of package-tracking identification.
A Bartertown 'Trade' occurs when both parties have agreed to a transaction, be it a purchase (ie buyer-seller) or exhange of items and/or services, and have agreed to the terms of said transaction.
For example. Morlock and I agree to trade his Warmachine Cryx for my Warhammer Fantasy Chaos. We negotiate what we're trading specifically, we negotiate shipping terms, and we negotiate a time-frame for said shipping. Once we agree - and this can be as simple as "you're cool with that?" or as complex as sending a separate email that states the exact terms of everything agreed to along with a request to reply-with-agreement - the Trade is on.
If something unexpected happens, like a family emergency or unexpected deployment, it is the responsibility of the person in question to let the other party know what's happened within a reasonable time frame.
Remember, when it comes to trade negotiations ASSUME NOTHING.
Each BTR must be contained in it's own thread. No piggybacking your complaint on another or reporting multiple people in one thread. Each incident should be able to be tracked and resolved separately.
I know I sound harsh, but I am tired of all the dross and crap that people toss in here without bothering to read the rules. If you make a post that does not contain appropriate evidence you earn an automatic month suspension and of course, the thread gets nuked. No more warnings.