Newbie needs some help!

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Wulfnor ( 8 )
Apprentice Trader

Newbie needs some help!

Post by Wulfnor »

Hey,

I just joined yesterday and posted 'For $ale WHFB Box Sets'. in 'GW Fantasy (WHFB, AOS) '. I noticed the image size reduction program I used for the images I posted isn't working correctly. An I wanted to replace them with images from another source. When I went to try and edit them. I found that that the topic had been locked. Thus I was unable to do so. Can someone tell me why that is the case? Thank's.
Wisdom & Courage,
<==)=+Wulfnor+=(==>
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: Newbie needs some help!

Post by kturock »

You replied to your own post saying thanks to 'trader' 'something' was sold.
I don't recall the exact names, but did see you post.

You're not supposed to post like that. You needed to edit the original post.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Wulfnor ( 8 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Wulfnor »

Ok, did not know that. It seemed like a normal thing one might do in that situation. One would think a PM to me by a Moderator would of been the next logical step. So that I could correct my mistake. But none was sent.
Last edited by Wulfnor on Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wisdom & Courage,
<==)=+Wulfnor+=(==>
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Look at how many members and new members. The VOLUNTEER mods just don't have the time to warn everyone.
Thats what the Forum Rules are for.

Here's a link in case you missed it.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470

Specifically rule 13.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Wulfnor ( 8 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Wulfnor »

I looked through those rules when I first joined. I guess I should have got a lawyer to read the fine print for me! :)
Wisdom & Courage,
<==)=+Wulfnor+=(==>
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Wulfnor wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:02 am
I looked through those rules when I first joined. I guess I should have got a lawyer to read the fine print for me! :)
Which print, precisely, was "fine?"

From the rule:
You may update your ORIGINAL POST (OP), and you may then immediately leave a reply in the thread stating WHAT was updated. If you fail to update the OP, or fail to state what you updated in the reply; then your thread will be locked for Bumping and you will be given a warning.
Pretty straight forward.

By the way, I looked at your profile. It would appear as if the Watchman, Moderator or Admin who locked it did you a favor by not actually issuing a warning.
On his behalf, you're welcome.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”