Your Friendly Neighborhood Help-Forum!

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

gpfredette ( 720 )
Bartertown Marshall

Re: Your Friendly Neighborhood Help-Forum!

Post by gpfredette »

We don't normally delete posts.

You should be able to edit the post to say no longer available or some thing similar making sure to remove all the items that are going to eBay.

If you can't edit the posts for what ever reason PM me links to them and I will edit them for you.

Thank you,
Williams, AZ
Home of the Historic Grand Canyon Railroad

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Lower Rating ships/pays first.

My Refs: ref_view.php?user_id=14243
insomniac ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by insomniac »

I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious that should answer me, but if I want/have things from GW's other gamelines - Necromunda, ferex - should I put that in the 40K forum, or should that be miscellaneous futuristic? (Same, say, Mordhem/WHFB)
gpfredette ( 720 )
Bartertown Marshall

Post by gpfredette »

insomniac wrote:I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious that should answer me, but if I want/have things from GW's other gamelines - Necromunda, ferex - should I put that in the 40K forum, or should that be miscellaneous futuristic? (Same, say, Mordhem/WHFB)
Necromunda, Battle Fleet Gothic, Epic any other GW future games go into this forum: Miscellaneous - Futuristic ‹ Games Workshop Futuristic (basically there is a sub forum under Miscellaneous - Futuristic for Games Workshop games).

It is the same for Fantasy only there are two sub-forums, one for games like Mordhiem and Bloodbowl, and one specifically for Lord of the Rings.

Hopefully this helps and we appreciate you asking before posting your ads in the wrong forums.

Thank you,
Williams, AZ
Home of the Historic Grand Canyon Railroad

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Lower Rating ships/pays first.

My Refs: ref_view.php?user_id=14243
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

gpfredette wrote:Hopefully this helps and we appreciate you asking before posting your ads in the wrong forums.

Thank you,
Emphasis mine.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Calypsius ( 20 )
New Trader

Post by Calypsius »

Hello,

I don't know if this is where I post this, but I noticed that I no longer have any feedback at all. I know there were at least a few on there. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Calypsius
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Good place to post the question..

Best idea is to PM a Moderator (dk green name) or an Admin (red names)..

And.. coi-incicently...

PM me with your name, and email address associated with the account, and the time frame that these references came thru during. Also, if you can remember WHOM you got references from, that would help me out.

-Porkuslime
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
mattthemuppet ( 12 )
Trade Novice

Post by mattthemuppet »

not sure if this is the right place to post or not, but I didn't want to chew up space in the general forum.

I'm having trouble sending PMs - they seem to get stuck in my outbox and never make it into my sent messages folder. I'm logged in and my folders aren't even close to full. I'm also in the midst of a trade with someone who takes a long time to reply to PMs (who's also received my money and figures and hasn't, AFAIK, sent mine) so I don't want to go jumping down their throat if they're not even receiving my messages.

Unfortunately, PMs to the admins don't appear in my sent box either and I can't find them online on AIM, so I thought I'd give this a go. Any ideas?

thanks!
matt

PS. is there any way of making the "track thread" option an opt out rather than opt in one? I'm always forgetting (as all the other forums I use have opt out options) until just after I submit my post, which leaves a big bruise from slapping my forehead so many times :)
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

mattthemuppet wrote:not sure if this is the right place to post or not, but I didn't want to chew up space in the general forum.
Hi Matt (love yer name!)

This IS the right place to post these things.. step one!
I'm having trouble sending PMs - they seem to get stuck in my outbox and never make it into my sent messages folder. I'm logged in and my folders aren't even close to full. I'm also in the midst of a trade with someone who takes a long time to reply to PMs (who's also received my money and figures and hasn't, AFAIK, sent mine) so I don't want to go jumping down their throat if they're not even receiving my messages.
Well.. PMs stay in the Outbox until they are read by the recipient. If they are there, then .. they ain't been read yet. You can get an idea of who has read them, by noting what moves to the Sent box.
Unfortunately, PMs to the admins don't appear in my sent box either and I can't find them online on AIM, so I thought I'd give this a go. Any ideas?
Whom did you send them to? I know, myself, I have not gotten any PMs from you.. nor do I have AIM.. lol
thanks!
matt

PS. is there any way of making the "track thread" option an opt out rather than opt in one? I'm always forgetting (as all the other forums I use have opt out options) until just after I submit my post, which leaves a big bruise from slapping my forehead so many times :)
Opt out? Do you mean that you don't recieve notifications when your threads get responded to?

-Porkuslime

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

USPS Mail Fraud

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Whom did you send them to? I know, myself, I have not gotten any PMs from you.. nor do I have AIM.. lol
Ditto here.
Received no PM & don't have AIM.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
mattthemuppet ( 12 )
Trade Novice

Post by mattthemuppet »

ah, I understand now, thanks guys (see why my name is what it is?!). I just sent one PM to linrandir and thought that it hadn't gone as it stayed in my outbox, so I didn't try either of you, sorry! Well, I'll just wait a bit longer to see what happens with the trade. It's been weeks in the making (nearly 2 mths I think) so I think he just moves at a slower pace.

As to the topic reply notification, I meant that posters are automatically opted in to receive notifications, but can opt out (so they don't) if they choose to do so. Doesn't really matter, I just have to remember better :)
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

mattthemuppet wrote:ah, I understand now, thanks guys (see why my name is what it is?!). I just sent one PM to linrandir and thought that it hadn't gone as it stayed in my outbox, so I didn't try either of you, sorry! Well, I'll just wait a bit longer to see what happens with the trade. It's been weeks in the making (nearly 2 mths I think) so I think he just moves at a slower pace.

As to the topic reply notification, I meant that posters are automatically opted in to receive notifications, but can opt out (so they don't) if they choose to do so. Doesn't really matter, I just have to remember better :)
FWIW, don't PM any Admin directly, except Porkuslime or myself.
I mean, every Admin is capable of handling anything you send, but only Jim (porkuslime) and I are the site daily. Lin & Morlock are infrequent and TrademasterAdam is rarely ever on.

So, send it to one or both of us and you'll get a faster response (if you send it to both of us, make sure you CC us both on the SAME message, so the one who sees it second will see that the other has responded).

Eric

mattthemuppet ( 12 )
Trade Novice

Post by mattthemuppet »

thanks Eric, I appreciate that and I'll make sure I remember in future :)
Cpt_NinjaPants ( 6 )
New Trader

Post by Cpt_NinjaPants »

I looked around, and I didn't see anything pertaining to this. is their anywhere specific for me to post if I have 40k and want to trade for fantasy, or should I just post in either the 40k or fantasy area?
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

You can post in BOTH 40k and Fantasy! You don't have to choose just one..

-Porkuslime

USPS Mail Fraud

Walls ( 28 )
BTown Regular

Post by Walls »

How long should one wait from the point of "I sent it." to not recieving it before going onto deadbeats or bad traders?

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”