Your Friendly Neighborhood Help-Forum!

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Your Friendly Neighborhood Help-Forum!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Walls wrote:How long should one wait from the point of "I sent it." to not recieving it before going onto deadbeats or bad traders?
Tricky question. it depends on who you ask.

I'm presuming that, in this scenario, you are the recipient.

Did you get a DC# for the package? If not, then why not? If it's an international package, you should still be able to get the customs form #.
If you did not receive either of those, and your sender (a) is not responding and/or (b) is unable to provide you with the number, I would say no more than a week. We can always delete a BTR, if it is determined to be undeserved.

Under most circumstances, I would wait no more than 2 weeks.

Also, this would go in as a Bad Trader Report, unless you have not paid your portion yet... in this case, It would belong in the db/bo forum.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Gerald ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Gerald »

Can someone please tell me the value in USA Dollars of a pair of AIWA SX-E12 speakers
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Gerald, are you sure you are on the right trade forum? We don't really get a lot of audio trade requests here..
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
bishop120x ( 32 )
BTown Regular

Post by bishop120x »

Need help with first return. A trade was recently completed within 7days and the buyer wants a refund due to packaging issue he claims. What are Bartertowns rules on this? I want to make sure that I do everything right. Thanks.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

bishop120x wrote:Need help with first return. A trade was recently completed within 7days and the buyer wants a refund due to packaging issue he claims. What are Bartertowns rules on this? I want to make sure that I do everything right. Thanks.

We don't have rules for that. It's between you two to decide between yourselves.
Depending on the claim and details, either of you could be in the wrong. If you, as sender, are in the wrong, it could escalate to a BTR or negative reference.

My *advice* is to do your best to make the deal work as best is possible for both of you. If your trade partner can prove his claims, take his word for it... provided there is no evidence that he does this regularly (check references). Remember, a good reputation is more important than a couple bucks.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Tir McDoul ( 32 )
Account Terminated - Multiple ID's & Trade Indiscretions

Post by Tir McDoul »

This is really just a suggestion but you might want to reword some of the rules for clarity. I noticed on the DV thread over 40% of the posts on the thread have been admin sanctioned and while it certainly is the posters fault for not following the rules (Myself included) it could stand to make them a bit more clear. I mean if I was just myself and 1 or 2 others would be one thing but with nearly 10 already sanctioned kinda implies something else.
If you ever want to talk real time shoot me a msg and a time and Im willing to talk on skype.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

If by 'packaging issues' means the items were damaged because you packed them poorly, basicly just throwing them into a ziplock bag then abox, and the items got damaged, then, you're at fault. You got cheap and lazy and have lost a sale. Learn from your mistakes and don't do the same next time.

I had a guide on how to package things to ensure they don't get damaged. It used to be pinned to a section somewhere. I don't know if it's still around.

I used to pack professionally for USPS. I've shipped over 300 items between ebay, here and amazon and have had almost no breakage.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Tir McDoul wrote:This is really just a suggestion but you might want to reword some of the rules for clarity. I noticed on the DV thread over 40% of the posts on the thread have been admin sanctioned and while it certainly is the posters fault for not following the rules (Myself included) it could stand to make them a bit more clear. I mean if I was just myself and 1 or 2 others would be one thing but with nearly 10 already sanctioned kinda implies something else.
It implies that people AREN'T reading the rules.
The Dark Vengance thread you mention (a) has "READ THE RULES" right in the subject line and (b) Has the rules PLAIN AS DAY in the first post.
No matter what changes we make, it's clear that those 40% of people didn't bother to read the rules. If we reword them, what difference will it make?

Eric

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

kturock wrote:If by 'packaging issues' means the items were damaged because you packed them poorly, basicly just throwing them into a ziplock bag then abox, and the items got damaged, then, you're at fault. You got cheap and lazy and have lost a sale. Learn from your mistakes and don't do the same next time.

I had a guide on how to package things to ensure they don't get damaged. It used to be pinned to a section somewhere. I don't know if it's still around.

I used to pack professionally for USPS. I've shipped over 300 items between ebay, here and amazon and have had almost no breakage.
LOL
Yer gettin' old, kt.
That's from 3 months ago.

Eric

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

yeah, i guess i shouldn't read from the beginning.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
masterblaster ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by masterblaster »

Hope this is the right spot for this, if not I apologize.
I had an account on this forum a while ago, last trade was in 2011, when trying to log in I forgot my password. The tricky part is that the email account that I used for BT was compromised and had to be shut down so I can no longer get an email to reset the password. Anyway you guys could help?
I wasn't sure if it was ok to re-register, but I didn't know a different way to contact someone for help.

Thanks
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

pm and admin.

IBlameMyRolls ( 18 )
Trade Novice

Post by IBlameMyRolls »

What is the extent to which you can edit a post before you should wait/ask for permission to re-post? Example: I've sold off everything in my post I made 3 days ago, and have stuff that I didn't have when I made that post. Should I just edit the post with the new stuff, or should ask for permission to just make a new post with the new stuff?
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Edit it..

then when you are allowed to make a new post you can copy/paste that old one and have it current.. plus if you are good with descriptions, your post will show up in searches.. AND if you edit it you are allowed to respond to your ad with a post that states what has been updated.

-P
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
bovill ( 138 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by bovill »

How do I change my email address on my account? Thanks Mike B. "bovill"

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”