New Site Weirdness

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Re: New Site Weirdness

Post by Plarz »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:22 am
When using the [] code buttons at the top of the "Full Editor" window, they've started doubling. Previously, they did not.
I just locked a thread and posted a link to this one in it. When I put the [url] tags around it with the button, it put 2 open tags in the front, and 2 close tags at the end.
Tried it multiple times (each) with multiple tags. All did it.

Eric
I think you're just making things up.
MagickalMemories wrote:Please, nobody take this the wrong way when I say... Plarz, I love you.
No, no, guard, turn, parry, dodge, spin and - then - thrust!
Plarzoid.com: A Miniatures Blog
Currently trading with: - | Owed Refs from: - | Owe refs to: -
If I owe you a ref, PM me!
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

I gotta say that the site responds a LOT faster now. I just did my post updates and it took about half the time or less to update my posts.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

pretre wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:34 pm
I gotta say that the site responds a LOT faster now. I just did my post updates and it took about half the time or less to update my posts.
Good, I'm glad it's a noticeable change.

Double the RAM, SSD - much better!
MagickalMemories wrote:Please, nobody take this the wrong way when I say... Plarz, I love you.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Yeah, totally. It used to be a click, waaaaaait, click, waaaaait. Now it is much more responsive.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
HawtFist ( 42 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by HawtFist »

Whenever I try to search it either times out, tells me I have to wait 30 seconds, or logs me out. Very annoying. If it's something I'm doing wrong, let me know and I'll fix it. But if it's on y'all's end, could you fix it? I don't come often enough to be able to skim through new ads and the search function is how I find what I'm looking for.
On r/miniswap under the same name. Please be polite & answer PMs, even if all you tell me is "No thanks," or "I need more time." I expect lower rating to ship first, even if that's me, unless we work something out in advance.

Owed feedback: evaunit117
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

HawtFist wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:35 pm
Whenever I try to search it either times out, tells me I have to wait 30 seconds, or logs me out. Very annoying. If it's something I'm doing wrong, let me know and I'll fix it. But if it's on y'all's end, could you fix it? I don't come often enough to be able to skim through new ads and the search function is how I find what I'm looking for.
Sorry about the frustration.

I increased the PHP execution time out to 60 seconds. I think most boards don't have the number of topics / amount of text that we do, so the default (30 seconds) just isn't long enough. That change allowed me to complete a search successfully that had been timing out. Give your searches a try and let me know how it goes?

I'm working on the logout issue. I really don't like that every time I click a link from my e-mail, I have to re-log in, even if I'm logged in on a different tab. I think this is a cookie / htaccess issue, and I'm still racking it down.
HawtFist ( 42 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by HawtFist »

Plarz wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:47 pm

Sorry about the frustration.

I increased the PHP execution time out to 60 seconds. I think most boards don't have the number of topics / amount of text that we do, so the default (30 seconds) just isn't long enough. That change allowed me to complete a search successfully that had been timing out. Give your searches a try and let me know how it goes?

I'm working on the logout issue. I really don't like that every time I click a link from my e-mail, I have to re-log in, even if I'm logged in on a different tab. I think this is a cookie / htaccess issue, and I'm still racking it down.
Working better now, thanks! It still told me that I needed to wait 30 seconds to use the search function once and logged me put once, but on the third try I was able to determine that only flip o a coin has iron priests right now.

Thanks for fixing the issue so quickly!
On r/miniswap under the same name. Please be polite & answer PMs, even if all you tell me is "No thanks," or "I need more time." I expect lower rating to ship first, even if that's me, unless we work something out in advance.

Owed feedback: evaunit117
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

HawtFist wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:13 pm
Working better now, thanks! It still told me that I needed to wait 30 seconds to use the search function once and logged me put once, but on the third try I was able to determine that only flip o a coin has iron priests right now.

Thanks for fixing the issue so quickly!
The 30-second timeout is to keep malicious users from spamming lengthy searches and eating up system resources and thus bogging down / crashing the forum.

The logout is something I'm still working on, though - that one's on me.

Glad the searching is working!
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

pretre wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:03 pm
Are you supposed to be able to see someone's feedback score in PMs? It doesn't show on conversations anymore.
Got this fixed. ITL was correctly in the From line next to the sender's name, but not next to their name under their avatar on the right. It's now back there where it's supposed to be!
UndeadDan ( 6 )
New Trader

Post by UndeadDan »

The only weirdness I have encountered is that Tapatalk doesn't work with BT anymore.
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

UndeadDan wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:19 pm
The only weirdness I have encountered is that Tapatalk doesn't work with BT anymore.
That's by design.

Tapatalk cost users money, none of which we saw.
Tapatalk bypassed our 7 and 4 day posting rules because it directly access our database.
Tapatalk bypassed our actual advertisers.

Tapatalk was a solution to allow mobile browsing, but now that the site is adaptive and mobile friendly, we don't need it anymore.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

I do like the mobile better now, but I never used tapatalk.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Plarz wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:19 am
MagickalMemories wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:22 am
When using the [] code buttons at the top of the "Full Editor" window, they've started doubling. Previously, they did not.
I just locked a thread and posted a link to this one in it. When I put the [url] tags around it with the button, it put 2 open tags in the front, and 2 close tags at the end.
Tried it multiple times (each) with multiple tags. All did it.

Eric
I think you're just making things up.
Well, I think you have a stupid face!

And no. Wasn't made up... but stopped happening when I left this thread.
Isn't doing it any more. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

I'm no longer getting email notifications to new posts in threads I'm following.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Did you look in your Control Panel to see if that option is still selected?
I had mine turned OFF but, in the new software it was enabled again. Yours might've switched, as well.

Just a thought.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”