Help with pricing?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

DaveLLD ( 0 )
New Trader

Help with pricing?

Post by DaveLLD »

Hi There,

I'm new to the forum, I joined to unload a fairly large collection of Warmachine and Hordes (Cygnar, Cryx and Everblight). All the models are early from when they still made all metal, they are largely unpainted / unprimed but assembled. I just don't have time to play any more, and haven't for years. Is there any community resource to help me price the models appropriately? I don't want to over price / under price them.

Thanks,
Dave
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Help with pricing?

Post by MagickalMemories »

DaveLLD wrote:Hi There,

I'm new to the forum, I joined to unload a fairly large collection of Warmachine and Hordes (Cygnar, Cryx and Everblight). All the models are early from when they still made all metal, they are largely unpainted / unprimed but assembled. I just don't have time to play any more, and haven't for years. Is there any community resource to help me price the models appropriately? I don't want to over price / under price them.

Thanks,
Dave
There's a discussion forum at the bottom of the main page. There are forums there where it would be appropriate to ask for help.
My personal advice/opinion is to do what I do... Do your best to do it yourself.
Now, there are models out there that, despite your best efforts, you're just not going to be able to research on your own to find a valid value, unless you happen to be a collector. Those tend to be VERY OLD, though... like Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader era, unreleased models, etc. For the rest, there's eBay.
Go to eBay and put in "Metal XXXX," where XXXX represents the model you have. You may need to expand it to "Metal Hordes" or "Metal warmachine," but this is a great start.
Once you're there, scroll down a bit and watch the left side of the page. You're looking for the "Show Only" section. There are options for "Sold Listings" and "Completed Listings."
This image (not mine... found it on a Google search) shows those boxes in the bottom left:

(As an aside, the image also shows another valuable tool - sorting by various options, including highest or lowest cost.)

Both options are helpful. Showing only Sold items will tell you what people are BIDDING for the items and what they're paying for them via Buy It Now. Showing all completed auctions will give you an idea of what people are passing up outright.
If you're observant, you can find other things there like what kind of auction titling works best, what average shipping tends to be, whether or not a lot of copies of your particular item are being offered at any given time, and much more. Heck, even the kind of images you see can make a difference. Two identically titled with the same shipping costs might go for vastly different amounts, with the only differences being that the higher selling one did a better job of describing their item & used an actual image of it, rather than a stock image that the manufacturer might've hosted at some point.

This is one of the greatest and least discussed tools I've seen and used in my 15+ years on Bartertown.

Best of luck with it.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
DaveLLD ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by DaveLLD »

Thanks Eric!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

My pleasure.
That's why they pay me the big bucks.
LOL

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

MagickalMemories wrote:My pleasure.
That's why they pay me the big bucks.
LOL

Eric
...in poultry.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”