Any reason not to let someone use PayPal Credit?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

harlequintde ( 72 )
Journeyman Trader

Any reason not to let someone use PayPal Credit?

Post by harlequintde »

I completed a trade back in 2015 with the buyer requesting that I send him an Invoice via PayPal so that he could use a 0% financing option through PayPal Credit. At the time, I didn't see any reason not to, as it looked like the sale would be protected on my side as long as I followed the normal rules(retain tracking information, signature required for delivery, only shipping to the address on the paypal payment receipt).

I did a quick search and nothing came up, but I figured that it doesn't hurt to ask as I've had another buyer request to use it to pay for their purchase., Anyhow, if anyone has had a bad experience, or a good reason not to use a US based buyer use it to purchase from me, please do share!

Thank you for taking the time!
Tyrius ( 196 )
Expert Trader

Re: Any reason not to let someone use PayPal Credit?

Post by Tyrius »

It should be the same as a normal payment for you but It would allow them to make payments on the purchase to paypal. It's just a credit line through paypal. If they don't make the payments to paypal it's the same as them not paying for any other credit card.
About me:
1. GW retail doesn't equal value if you intend to sell me assembled/stripped/primed/painted items. These all devalue them and anyone can get 20-30% off GW retail NIB.
2. If I take the time to write you please be kind enough to at least tell me no or not interested.
3. Lowest reference ships first
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Any reason not to let someone use PayPal Credit?

Post by reegsk »

What Tyrius said.

With PayPal credit, any purchase over 100% to a business or via an invoice gets 6 months of 0% interest. If you just send the money, it doesn't count as a purchase, so you don't qualify. But on the seller end, it comes through like any other payment, with the same protections and everything.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”