How to set up pictures?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Barter_Bunker ( 2 )
New Trader

How to set up pictures?

Post by Barter_Bunker »

Hello,

I'm trying to put up a post in 40k Have's/Wants, and I was curious if there was a way to embed a photo in the post itself. I tried to attach it, but it tells me the file is far too large. Do I have to have some medium like Imgur?

The pictures, if it matters, are taken on an S7 Edge, transferred to my Google Drive, and then used accordingly.

While I'm here, what are the rules about number of images? For example I have armeis for sale, and 122 pictures detailing them. I presume that is too many for a single post :-D

Any help is appreciated!
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: How to set up pictures?

Post by 3eland »

Good day!

You can embed pictures into you post by using our php coding. If you select "full editor" you will see the quick button for this or you can type it in manually.

[img]<linktopic>[/img]

You can have any number of pictures embedded, but only 5 uploaded per post. What I like to do is put all the trading information at the front, then you can embed the pictures at the end.

We also let you host them off site (only the full trade ad details must he hosted here) so even a link to your Google drive folder would work!

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Good lord. Do NOT insert 122 pictures into a post, even if just using the [img] tags.
LOL

This is not because we won't allow it... it's because people will get sick of waiting for your images to upload and close your ad. You will LOSE potential business.
With that many images, your best bet is to host them somewhere and provide a LINK to the picture(s) for that particular item/lot after the particular entry in your post. It's a good practice because it gives interested parties the opportunity to go directly to the picture of the item, instead of paging through your drive in hopes of finding the right pic, and it doesn't clog your ad up with loading images. Anyone not interested can just scroll right past it, too.

Just keep in mind that, though we don't require IMAGES to be hosted here, your actual trade ad does have to be. So, no posting a link to a list of your trade items in your ad, unless you also copy & paste the list into the ad, itself.

As for your problem loading pictures, you're right. The problem is with the pic. I have an s7 Edge, as well. The pics are just too big to load straight to BT. You'd have to download them to your PC first crop them, and probably STILL scale them down to a smaller size.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Barter_Bunker ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by Barter_Bunker »

I tried to insert a few with no luck. Any ideas? They came straight from Google Drive as 'shareable links'. Never used it before so I can't speak on it.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=279065
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

You'll probably need a different host. I don't think the board parses google drive links.
I use dakkadakkas gallery for mine.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
Barter_Bunker ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by Barter_Bunker »

Tried moving everything to DakkaDakka; was very specific to select "Allow HD". DD decided to blur them anyway, so that was a bust.

Any ideas of a host that doesn't pitch a hissy fit about images going over a certain MB?
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

use photobucket.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Barter_Bunker wrote:Tried moving everything to DakkaDakka; was very specific to select "Allow HD". DD decided to blur them anyway, so that was a bust.

Any ideas of a host that doesn't pitch a hissy fit about images going over a certain MB?
I mean, you're going to have to find something that isn't perfect. Free/Good/Easy: Pick two.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
Barter_Bunker ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by Barter_Bunker »

Good is my primary concern. I don't mind spending a few bucks for a proper host, especially if it will allow my ads here to look pretty. I just don't understand why you'd even bother being an image host in 2016 without letting people upload HD pictures.

DakkaDakka has a zoom function, so linking people to the gallery has been a temporary fix. I'm just too new to this to know what I'm doing, lol.

Flikr, Imgur, other hosts, any thoughts on them? Who has the most MB allowance? I don't need long-term storage, my pictures only need to be saved while the minis in it are for sale; after that I can delete it. That makes Google Photos ideal, but BT doesn't like their links :)

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”