Topic Locked

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

kingofthebattle1 ( 136 )
Journeyman Trader

Topic Locked

Post by kingofthebattle1 »

Not sure why this occurred to my FS posting and don't know who to contact to have the lock released, if that's possible. I posted a series of items in the historical gaming section and as I made a sale, I edited the post with a SOLD so that going forward potential buyers would know what was still available. Is there any possible way to get the lock lifted as I was not bumping anything just trying to keep accurate counts of what is and isn't available.
Thanks
Jim
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: Topic Locked

Post by 3eland »

Hello,

Your post was most likely locked due to bumping it with the following message:
kingofthebattle1 wrote:Hey Mike
PM sent with details of purchase
As it is not a direct change to the OP (original Post), it is considered a bump.

If you have any further questions or concerns please let me know.

Thanks,

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
kingofthebattle1 ( 136 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by kingofthebattle1 »

How do I go about unlocking the post/Topic so I can edit it, or is that possible??
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Once the topic is locked you cannot edit it. You can always PM a member of staff to appeal the locking of your thread. However in this case it is fairly clear violation of rule 13 as outlined below:

Rule #13: Ad Posting & "Post Bumping"
Please note that Bartertown users are limited to one topic/ad per forum per seven calendar days. Also, they may not "bump" their own topic/ad - ever.
For those of you who don't understand this: Look at a calendar. If I post an ad on 3 July in the 40k forum I may not repost an ad to that forum until 10 July. That is seven calendar days. It's a legal term.

Example:
Let's say I have some LOTR Riders of Rohan I want to get rid of and other miscellaneous stuff from WHFB and 40K. I can post an ad with those items together in the LOTR, WHFB and 40K forums. Seven calendar days later, I can post another ad with the same items OR I can edit the ad at any time.
What I can't do is relist the items every day in each forum.

Helpful Hint: The idea here is to prevent excessive promotion of one's trade/sale items or discussion topics. Users are prohibited via software from making more than one new topic per seven days (4 days for Bartertown Plus members), but there are other ways to self-promote. It's awkward wording, but "post bumping" is a term understood by the greatest number of people.

A Trade Ad should only be placed in the most appropriate forum for the item(s) it contains. If you only have bits or terrain, for example, your ad should only go in the forum for what you have. If you have both, then both forums are the "most appropriate."
-If you only have and/or want 40K models, then your ad should only go in the 40K forum
-If you only have and/or want bits, regardless of the game system, then your ad should only go in the Bits forum
-If you only have and/or want terrain, regardless of the game system, then your ad should only go in the Terrain forum (etc.)

If you've got items that fit into multiple categories, you may cross-post given the stricture above.

>>You may update your ORIGINAL POST (OP), and you may then immediately leave a reply in the thread stating WHAT was updated. If you fail to update the OP, or fail to state what you updated in the reply; then your thread will be locked for Bumping and you will be given a warning.
Thanks,

Ryan
~Ryan~

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Note that this doesn't prevent members from contacting you. You just cannot edit your post or comment further.

Ryan
~Ryan~

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Discussed this further with the OP through PM and so I will be closing this thread (as there isn't anything further to add). If anyone has anything they feel should be added, please contact me via PM.

Thanks,

Ryan
~Ryan~

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Nothing to add. You handled it perfectly.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”