Package missing in action

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Cynon ( 296 )
Resident Trader

Package missing in action

Post by Cynon »

Hey guys I shipped a package over a week ago using one of the kiosks. It never was scanned. The expected delivery date was Monday. Normally I'll chalk it up to "it happens. Holidays" but the other two that went with it arrived just fine with scans.

I called usps and opened a case later that day (Tuesday) I got a call from the destination postmaster telling me it never showed up (to me a no kidding moment) called usps today to follow up and apparently someone closed my case as resolved. I re opened it.

Anyone have this issue before? Should I start to get worried?
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Package missing in action

Post by pretre »

You should probably be worried.

What kind of postage did you buy? Did you get insurance? Did you call the post office you shipped from that never scanned it to see if it is sitting in a box somewhere?
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Well, to paraphrase kturock, "If it is important to you, insure it."
Hopefully, he'll get wind of this thread and chime in with some 'insider" advice. In the mean time, about the best you can do is sit, wait, and hope.
I'd keep checking that tracking #, in case it gets scanned in at some point.

I will say this: I have 100% success rate in getting tracking #'s properly scanned into the system when I use people, as opposed to online or kiosks.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Hmm. well as MM said, insure it. Now if you sent it priority mail, it automatically has $50 insurance.

The system is flooded and new, temporary employees are everywhere. Machines are at their maximum; sorting and sending the info. BTW we use Microsoft windows. Umm you don't want to know which versions...nothing new, or supported.

As an example:
I sold a book on amazon and sent it flat rate priority mail. I dropped in off at work, the main post office in my area on Sunday.
It didn't get scanned Accepted until Monday morning, 17 hours later.
1.5 hours later it arrived in the main dispatch facility for the state, about 1 hour's drive.
25 hours later it arrived in the destination state, NC.
25 hours later it arrived at the delivery post office.
20 hours later it was delivered.

I buy postage online at usps.com. I get emailed notices of every scan. You can only buy postage for priority mail and express mail there. You get free tracking and $50 insurance and a discount over the kiosk price. You can pay with paypal. You can use paypal shipping, at paypal's site, to buy postage for other classes of mail.
You print out the postage from your printer and just drop it off at any post office. no waiting in line.
You can pick up flat rate boxes and envelopes at the post office. Then you won't need a scale.

Yes, using people like MM does, keeps postal clerks working, and not getting replaced by machines; costs a bit more than online, but it gets scanned instantly, before you leave.

The system is swamped with mail. More people are buying online and shipping their gifts than ever. All 3 of the shipping companies are swamped. All 3 have shifts working around the clock. Only 1 is delivering 7 days a week for no extra cost. [hint]

I know my building will be running full crews on the 25th. I'm working. I'm not sure if they are delivering. I wouldn't be surprised that express and priority mail parcels are.

Keep checking back for scans. It should have at least $50 postage, since you sent it from a kiosk. If nothing shows up in about 30 days, you can file to get that back.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”