Pricing

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

blackhawk ( 0 )
New Trader

Pricing

Post by blackhawk » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:44 am

Ok so the plan is trade most of what I have to offer. I have lots of warhammer minis fantasy and 40k, MTG cards, board games. How do I figure out what the values are on what I have vs the person who wants to trade? Are there web pages to get a scale from?

Neian ( 156 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Pricing

Post by Neian » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:18 pm

Trading for Minis/Board games are usually done at MSRP which people just refer to as Retail here. For MTG Cards I will have to defer to someone else. When it comes to selling what you have people typically want somewhere between 40% - 60% off of retail. I typically sell for 50% off retail plus shipping (mostly warmachine/hordes) but with some historical minis (FOW, etc) people tend to sell 30% off of retail price.
People who owe me Trade refs:
Diesell117

Trade Rules:

1. Lower Rating Ships First
2. Payment expected before shipment. I only accept and pay through PayPal.
3. Please communicate. If you don't like my offer just say "no thanks" and I will do the same.
4. If there is no communications after 24 hours then consider our trade/sell, null and void
5. Any delays or changes in when something will ship will be communicated in a timely manner, I EXPECT the same!

3eland ( 70 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:25 pm

Neian wrote:Trading for Minis/Board games are usually done at MSRP which people just refer to as Retail here. For MTG Cards I will have to defer to someone else. When it comes to selling what you have people typically want somewhere between 40% - 60% off of retail. I typically sell for 50% off retail plus shipping (mostly warmachine/hordes) but with some historical minis (FOW, etc) people tend to sell 30% off of retail price.
This.

Remember it is also based heavily on the condition of your goods.

Painted models done by a 3 year old will not have the same trading value as new in box goods. Also remember that regarding trading for models, again, if someone has new in box items and you have badly painted (or even okay painted) models, don't expect to have the same trade value.

MtG prices are usually compared to Starcity but I have seen other companies used too. Card Kingdom prices are usually in the same range as Starcity.

In the end, ensure that you are comfortable in your asking price. If you feel that 50% off is not okay, then lower it to 40% off. Just remember that this is a place to Barter, so expect to do some bartering on your goods!

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

2019 W/L/T ratios:

Tyranids - 11/8/1

AOS
KO - 1/6/0 ~ Idoneth 7/3/0 ~ Nurgle 1/2/2

blackhawk ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by blackhawk » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:28 pm

Thanks to both of you that has been a great help being very new here I thought that this was a great place to start. This gives me a good guide line on at least were to start.

MagickalMemories ( 822 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Remember that NIB (New In Box/Blister) items are available online from 20% to 30% off. Most people you sell to, if selling NIB items to them, will tell you that they can get it for 30% off. This is unlikely (though possible) for GW items, but more likely for others. At 25% off, it's still a rarity for GW items, yet even more possible for others. If you have a NIB item, you are not giving any great deal by offering it at 25% off. Until your sale 9not trade) price is 30% off or less for an NIB item, you can expect to see little interest in it (barring, of course, collectible models).

As a general rule, look your items up on feebay to get an idea what it sells for THERE. Use those numbers as the top price you'd expect for your item.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”