Past Posts Gone

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

coolguyclay ( 122 )
Journeyman Trader

Past Posts Gone

Post by coolguyclay »

I wanted to look at an old post of mine, and it's not there. I do an ego search ("View your posts" link in top bar) and all my posts are missing! Well, there are 3 from 2012 and earlier, and one from Monday. Everything in-between is missing. I can still see my Private Messages.

Not a huge deal, but I am wondering what happened. Especially if someone should be alerted to a data loss problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Clay
Member of The Clay's of Bartertown
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Past Posts Gone

Post by MagickalMemories »

All of the posts in the Trade forums age off of the site. Otherwise, we'd be overwhelmed with data.
I'm wagering that your post was a trade ad or response to one and that the ones you CAN see are not.

::clicks a couple buttons::

Looking at your posts via the link in your profile (search.php?author_id=2882&sr=posts), I see the above post, a few relatively recent trade ad postss, then a bunch of older non-trade ad posts.

That's why you're seeing what you are. Newer trade ads haven't aged off yet and the older ones are in non-pruning forums.

I hope that helps.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
coolguyclay ( 122 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by coolguyclay »

Ok, thank you for replying. It seems like it has been about two weeks since the last trading post. I'll keep that in mind!!!

Thanks again,

Clay
Member of The Clay's of Bartertown
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Some forums prune faster than others. It has to do with the post rate in that forum.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”