Good trades, but they don't leave feedback. What do?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

lynchpin667 ( 98 )
Journeyman Trader

Good trades, but they don't leave feedback. What do?

Post by lynchpin667 »

Hi,

I've had several good trades with good traders on here, but with no follow-up. I had three trades occur six months ago where I left positive feedback and none was returned. I noticed (now, in June) I still hadn't gotten feedback and I sent out a round of friendly reminders. One person got back to me very quickly, while the other two are still haven't and those reminders are still in my Outbox. I've done what I see others do and listed those individuals in my signature partly as a reminder to myself and partly to let potential trade partners my actual rating is higher than my apparent rating.

Since I have seen others listing owed positive trade refs in their signature, I'm guessing there's no standard procedure for individuals to actually procure that owed feedback, but I figured I'd ask.

Sorry if this is covered somewhere else, but I couldn't find it. Please let me know if it is.
Positive References owed to me:
Gorillatactics, JJBoogie, Eseloco, pookie01, monroe126, Ep3
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Good trades, but they don't leave feedback. What do?

Post by pretre »

Yep, it stinks, but some people never check their PMs to give the feedback.

You can also send another PM (delete the old reminder from your outbox). Sometimes they miss the e-mail reminder and the new one gets to them.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

References are not required and they are never "owed" to a person unless you state in your trade agreement that references must be left (so in turn would be part of the trade agreement). Therefore, there is no real way to "enforce" members to leave feedback. The best thing you can do is kindly remind them once or twice and hope they leave it. If the message is in your outbox and they have logged on recently and are just not reading it, then that is usually a sign of "let it go". It's unfortunate and I would hope it would never get to that but, alas, I know it happens.

I used to have the names in my signature, but then I realized it was not doing anything. I have had many trades on here where the other party simply doesn't want to leave feedback. Both for the trading of money and product. I even know of a person who has never left feedback but has over 200+ left for him! I simply write them a message a week after politely reminding them, and then if I feel it is worth it, another a month later. If by then they do not respond or leave feedback I just add their name to my list (offline) so I will remember how they treated the trading with me and I move on.

It's going to happen, so it's best not to worry too much about it. You can start including it into your trade agreements that way it is required.

Hope that helps,

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

3eland wrote: If by then they do not respond or leave feedback I just add their name to my list (offline) so I will remember how they treated the trading with me and I move on.
Funny story: I had a guy who didn't leave me feedback and he was on my version of that list. He PM'd me for a new deal. As part of the deal, I made him give me feedback for the previous transaction first. :)
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

pretre wrote:
3eland wrote: If by then they do not respond or leave feedback I just add their name to my list (offline) so I will remember how they treated the trading with me and I move on.
Funny story: I had a guy who didn't leave me feedback and he was on my version of that list. He PM'd me for a new deal. As part of the deal, I made him give me feedback for the previous transaction first. :)
LOL - Good for you!
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Post by tordeck »

Cant speak for everyone but I have had the sig line trick work for me. Also the keeping it in my sig also reminds me that if in the future we enter in a new deal that I can remind them about the previous one.
Buying or Trading, Lower Rating Ships First.
I Trade within the United States only.
I only use and accept Cash App or USPS Money Orders for payments.

The Dark City

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”