Is it allowed to post trades for fencing equipment?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

jeratoll ( 200 )
Journeyman Trader

Is it allowed to post trades for fencing equipment?

Post by jeratoll » Mon May 05, 2014 2:20 am

I'm currently looking to trade some of my models for some fencing practice equipment and am unsure if practice foils/epees would fall under the category of weapons.
Unless specifically stated I am currently not looking to purchase models.
Sorry, but after two failed intercontinental deals, I only trade/purchase/sell to the Continental U.S. and Canada.

MagickalMemories ( 828 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Is it allowed to post trades for fencing equipment?

Post by MagickalMemories » Mon May 05, 2014 2:47 am

It is only allowed if you want to be banned.
; )

No. Foils or epees would be weapons.
If you wanted the (I don't know the lingo) helmets/masks or outfts, that would be acceptable. NO WEAPONS, though. Not even practice weapons. If you can't trade a sword that is permanently attached to a display, something you can use to gouge someone in the eye is definitely out. LOL

Thanks for asking in advance.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Lord Cedric ( 270 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Lord Cedric » Mon May 05, 2014 4:14 am

Not as a rebuttal but definitely inquisitive. ... how can paintball or air soft guns be allowed and not fencing schlagers, foils or épées? I have been medieval sword fighting competitively and professionally (yes.. I get paid) for over 14 years and in my honest opinion, shooting projectiles while paint in balls or solid plastic BB's are just as dangerous to the face depending on the force behind them... just like fencing equipment. Like most - things sports it's whether or not you have an adequate proper protection and equipment.

I'm not trying to persuade you on rules... your site your rules, clear as day. But wanted to know the specifics.

Thanks
- Lord Cedric

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Army's Collected:

Bretonnia (6000+), Dwarfs (4000+), High Elves (12,000+), Dark Elves (4000+), Wood Elves (4500+), Skaven (5000+), Orcs & Goblins (6000+), Empire (4000+), Ogre Kingdoms (4000+), Lizardmen (6000+), Vampire Counts (4000+), Tomb Kings (4000+), Chaos Warriors (4000+), Daemons (4000+), Beastmen (4000+)

"....And yes! I play them all too." :-D

jeratoll ( 200 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by jeratoll » Mon May 05, 2014 1:07 pm

What about grips and guards? aka the handle and the thing that goes over the hand. Epees come in roughly 3-7 pieces, the way I'm reading it now is everything but the blade itself correct?
Unless specifically stated I am currently not looking to purchase models.
Sorry, but after two failed intercontinental deals, I only trade/purchase/sell to the Continental U.S. and Canada.

MagickalMemories ( 828 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories » Mon May 05, 2014 2:47 pm

Lord Cedric wrote:Not as a rebuttal but definitely inquisitive. ... how can paintball or air soft guns be allowed and not fencing schlagers, foils or épées? I have been medieval sword fighting competitively and professionally (yes.. I get paid) for over 14 years and in my honest opinion, shooting projectiles while paint in balls or solid plastic BB's are just as dangerous to the face depending on the force behind them... just like fencing equipment. Like most - things sports it's whether or not you have an adequate proper protection and equipment.

I'm not trying to persuade you on rules... your site your rules, clear as day. But wanted to know the specifics.

Thanks
- Lord Cedric

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
You'll have to ask Linrandir about that. If it was me, it would be the "boffer" weapons only. I wouldn't allow paintball. That was his call LONG before I was an Admin.
jeratoll wrote:What about grips and guards? aka the handle and the thing that goes over the hand. Epees come in roughly 3-7 pieces, the way I'm reading it now is everything but the blade itself correct?
No. No part of the weapon would be allowed.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”