email notifications not working?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Timbor ( 256 )
Journeyman Trader

email notifications not working?

Post by Timbor »

For some reason in the past couple days I have not received email notifications for new private messages. I have not changed any of my user preferences, the email is still the same. I checked my profile settings and it seems the same, I have always had it checked off to email me of new PMs. Has anyone else encountered this problem? My email is through hotmail if that helps.

Thanks!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: email notifications not working?

Post by MagickalMemories »

A LOT of email is generated by our site. Hotmail might have us listed as a spam site. I don't remember who it was (Google?), but we just went through that with an email provider recently.

I'll PM the Mekanik!

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Post by tordeck »

MagickalMemories wrote:A LOT of email is generated by our site. Hotmail might have us listed as a spam site. I don't remember who it was (Google?), but we just went through that with an email provider recently.

I'll PM the Mekanik!

Eric
It was Verizon I believe.
Buying or Trading, Lower Rating Ships First.
I Trade within the United States only.
I only use and accept Cash App or USPS Money Orders for payments.

The Dark City
hapotte ( 514 )
Millenium Trader

Post by hapotte »

Same problem here also with hotmail. Should I send a PM to Plarz?
info about shipping: Lower ratting pays/ship first and I live in Canada.
thank you
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

No. I PMed him. It multiple hotmail users are having an issue, it's more likely a hotmail issue (on our side or theirs). Multiple PMs won't help.
Thanks, though.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

Hotmail is owned by Yahoo, who still has us blacklisted. I will continue to assault them with removal requests, but there's very little I can do that hasn't already been done - they decide what e-mail they let in to their servers.

For those of you that haven't yet, be sure the admin@bartertown.com e-mail address is in your contacts list. I doubt it will help, but it's worth a try.

In the mean time - consider switching your notifications to an alternate account?
MagickalMemories wrote:Please, nobody take this the wrong way when I say... Plarz, I love you.
No, no, guard, turn, parry, dodge, spin and - then - thrust!
Plarzoid.com: A Miniatures Blog
Currently trading with: - | Owed Refs from: - | Owe refs to: -
If I owe you a ref, PM me!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Would it help if THEY assaulted yahoo with requests and complaints, Plarz?

Eric

Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

MagickalMemories wrote:Would it help if THEY assaulted yahoo with requests and complaints, Plarz?

Eric
That's what adding them to your address book is supposed to help with. You could also look into creating a filter that looks for e-mails from the admin address and put them into your Inbox.

There's very little I can find about getting e-mails whitelisted by Yahoo and Hotmail that are recent, but I'm open to help.
MagickalMemories wrote:Please, nobody take this the wrong way when I say... Plarz, I love you.
hapotte ( 514 )
Millenium Trader

Post by hapotte »

Plarz wrote:Hotmail is owned by Yahoo, who still has us blacklisted. I will continue to assault them with removal requests, but there's very little I can do that hasn't already been done - they decide what e-mail they let in to their servers.

For those of you that haven't yet, be sure the admin@bartertown.com e-mail address is in your contacts list. I doubt it will help, but it's worth a try.

In the mean time - consider switching your notifications to an alternate account?

All right, I'll try adding that contact to my address list. I've checked my recycle bin and the last notification I received was on april 30th, not sure if it can help you or not to locate the problem.

Alex
info about shipping: Lower ratting pays/ship first and I live in Canada.
thank you
Timbor ( 256 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Timbor »

Good to know I am not the only one. My last email notification from the site was April 29, though after that I did not receive any PMs until May 3 and have not had any notification of them. I just added the admin@bartertown.com to my contacts, will see if that helps.
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

In addition to trash, check in any "spam" folders or "advertisement" or "bulk" folders. You never know where the filters may have chucked it.
Timbor ( 256 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Timbor »

I only have one folder for 'junk' and nothing has turned up there. Nothing has gotten through.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”