International

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

samo777 ( 0 )
New Trader

International

Post by samo777 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:41 am

Hi,

I am interested in becoming active in the community. Just wondering what the general willingness is of people shipping models overseas?

Thanks.

Sinjin ( 182 )
BTown Regular

Re: International

Post by Sinjin » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:13 am

There are a lot of international traders here that are very successful. You've already started correctly in displaying where your from on your profile, so everybody can see right away, and make a decision. Nothing is worse then finding out something like that after 6 or 7 back and forth emails trying to work out a deal.

I will tell you however that your potential trade partners are much more limited. I myself don't trade outside of the US. It's just to much of a hassle, and shipping is expensive to the point where the 'savings' in trading or buying disappears.

samo777 ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by samo777 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:39 am

Thanks for the reply mate

jason1977 ( 188 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:47 pm

Sinjin wrote:There are a lot of international traders here that are very successful. You've already started correctly in displaying where your from on your profile, so everybody can see right away, and make a decision. Nothing is worse then finding out something like that after 6 or 7 back and forth emails trying to work out a deal.

I will tell you however that your potential trade partners are much more limited. I myself don't trade outside of the US. It's just to much of a hassle, and shipping is expensive to the point where the 'savings' in trading or buying disappears.
While this is responce is true, dont be put off by posting trade adds. There are people in Australia who post here. zYou may find something local. Heck, there is a spinoff BT site for the UK (last I knew) so maybe a spin off for Australia may show up.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL

samo777 ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by samo777 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:24 pm

Thanks Jason. I have noticed the uk branch. I will keep any eye out for an Australasia version.

MagickalMemories ( 828 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:37 pm

Just to go on the record... the UK Bartertown site ASKED to use the BT name, as we had no problems with it. We gladly allowed it (not that we'd have, necessarily, had any power to stop it). Aside from a general friendliness and willingness to work together against scammers and the like, that is where the affiliation ends.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”