USPS Improper Packaging (Paging Kturock?)

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

pretre ( 1334 )
Bartertown Advertiser

Re: USPS Improper Packaging (Paging Kturock?)

Post by pretre » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:25 pm

kturock wrote:DON'T SUCK IT UP. TEHY ARE IMPROPERLY CHARGING CUSTOMERS.
Well, it's after 5 there now, so I'll have to try something tomorrow.

Any help if I submit a complaint form through the website?

edit: As an aside, he says he has hundreds of pieces in the office that he's done this for. That's a lot of cheddar at $5 a pop.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1

kturock ( 566 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:31 pm

DON'T SUCK IT UP. THEY ARE IMPROPERLY CHARGING CUSTOMERS.
Contact the postmaster. Write a letter of complaint, citing names and what the 'correction' was offered.

The supervisor is wrong and should be the one disciplined. [punished in postaltalk.]

I have to deal with these moron supervisors. They are told to run everything through the machines, until it fails 3 times. Each time, everytime.

They call me when the machine breaks. Why is it broken? Because it has non-machinable mail in it.
Think of it as the guy driving a truck through a tunnel and it gets stuck, on a highway, at highway speeds.
The mail moves at 170" per second with a 3" space between letters. It takes 2 seconds for the machine to stop when theres a problem.
Do the math. Things get bent, ripped, damaged.

All because some moron supervisor is told by a moron manager by a moron district manager, ad infinitium; to run everything, becasue it 'saves money'. Except that the time the machine is not running, costs more than sorting the mail on the correct machines or by hand.
Penny wise, pound foolish.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

pretre ( 1334 )
Bartertown Advertiser

Post by pretre » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:33 pm

Any idea how to track down the postmaster? I found the complaint form on the website, but I don't imagine that goes to him.

Ohh neat. I found a 'postmaster finder' on the site.
Last edited by pretre on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1

MagickalMemories ( 828 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:34 pm

pretre wrote:edit: As an aside, he says he has hundreds of pieces in the office that he's done this for. That's a lot of cheddar at $5 a pop.
I wonder if they're getting a commission on it. LOL

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

kturock ( 566 )

Post by kturock » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:34 pm

pretre wrote:
kturock wrote:DON'T SUCK IT UP. TEHY ARE IMPROPERLY CHARGING CUSTOMERS.
Well, it's after 5 there now, so I'll have to try something tomorrow.

Any help if I submit a complaint form through the website?

edit: As an aside, he says he has hundreds of pieces in the office that he's done this for. That's a lot of cheddar at $5 a pop.

Call the postmaster and write a letter, addressed to:
Postmaster
[your city], [your state]
[your zip code]

His/her secratary will probably be the one who reads it, unless the office is small, in which case someone acting as his/her secratary, or maybe even the postmaster him/herself.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

pretre ( 1334 )
Bartertown Advertiser

Post by pretre » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Okay, I submitted the online complaint. I'll try to write an actual letter this week and send it to the postmaster in Albion.

edit: Also, ugh. Do you know how long it has been since I have had to write a physical letter?
Last edited by pretre on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pretre ( 1334 )
Bartertown Advertiser

Post by pretre » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:45 pm

MagickalMemories wrote:
pretre wrote:edit: As an aside, he says he has hundreds of pieces in the office that he's done this for. That's a lot of cheddar at $5 a pop.
I wonder if they're getting a commission on it. LOL

Eric
That's what I was thinking. Small-town post office needs to show a profit?

kturock ( 566 )

Post by kturock » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:50 pm

They get an 'attaboy' for 'recovering lost revenue'. The supervisor and/or manager will get a bonus and promotion.

tordeck ( 242 )
Expert Trader

Post by tordeck » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:48 am

My mother is a Clerk and just yesterday was telling me about how the flat rate envelope mailers have changed. It used to be as with all flat rates that if it fits it ships, but at least with the envelopes that if you distort the shape of the mailer that it will end up sitting at the PO with an not enough postage tag on it. So be careful when using the envelope style mailers least you end up costing your trade partner more on shipping.
Buying or Trading, Lower Rating Ships First.
I Trade within the United States only.
I use and accept USPS Money Orders only for payments.

The Dark City

kturock ( 566 )

Post by kturock » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:34 am

It's been that way for a long time. Not everyone enforced it.
When I was a window clerk, 1994-1997, we had a book mailer, who wrapped up a thick hardback book, in a soft [tyvek] priority enveolpe. Bound with priority tape and then crammed into a reinforced flat rate envelope. The enveope was shaped like a brick when done. They fought us for monthes about paying the difference. They mailed hundreds at a time.
The postmaster actually got the inspectors involved. They agreed to not mail it like that again if the defrauding USPS charges and past postage due fees were dropped.

They didn't mail as much again, since the price doubled and cut into their profits.

pretre ( 1334 )
Bartertown Advertiser

Post by pretre » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:13 pm

So apparently, the complaint form on the website is routed to your local office which really can't do anything about it. Good times.

kturock ( 566 )

Post by kturock » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:23 pm

If the complaint is about non-delivery, or a specific carrier; then it is useful.
The local supervisor is the person you'd need to talk to.

In your case, the problem is with a supervisor, mis-interprating the rules. I see this alot. They're barely trained, and only figure out problems as they occur. They're trianed on how to fill out reports and how to move mail and carriers out of a building. But customer problems vary so much, that unless they've run into them before, they do't know.

Some requires common sense. Some require a strick adherence to postal reguations. This is a case of someone thinking they understand something, and until their boss tells them otherwise, they won't believe they're wrong. [just like rules lawyers in all games]

pretre ( 1334 )
Bartertown Advertiser

Post by pretre » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:41 pm

No, the local guy broke it down to this. It's me vs him. He says it was too small for package. I say it wasn't. So he wouldn't really do anything because he can't prove that the guy in NY is wrong.

Bad customer service, but oh well.

kturock ( 566 )

Post by kturock » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:43 pm

I posted the minimum size for packages.
All padded envelopes must go as a package.
They are non-machinable, thus not letter size.

pretre ( 1334 )
Bartertown Advertiser

Post by pretre » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:50 pm

Obviously, but Albion NY dude isn't budging and local dude can't/won't overrule him. So, if I get around to it, I'll write the postmaster letter.

Alternatively, I thought about sending a bunch of empty padded envelopes with package postage directly to him. Each one would cost him $5.00 to accept under his own rules.
Or a giant package labeled 'used sex toys' in big block letters on the sides.

Oh well.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”