Need feed back reguarding incident

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Hiflt4 ( 74 )
BTown Regular

Need feed back reguarding incident

Post by Hiflt4 »

Am I in the wrong asking for return shipping?
I'm feeling pretty cheated on this sale, here are the transcripts.

Re: W: Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Game Core Set : H: $$$

Sent: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:46 am
by MY TRADE PARTNER

I included what was for sale. If you want to ship it back I will then refund. If not I consider this deal done.

Sent: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:44 am
by Hiflt4

I quotes the full section, then paraphrased.

Heres another example of what you did.

Im looking to buy the 40k starter set

ill sell it for x $

ok if it is complete

ya its got the templates and dice with the exception of the rule book

*package contains no models*

I don't know how you can possibly justify selling the starter set to a miniatures game, without the miniatures and without specifying specifically that you where not sending them.
Its intrinsically assumed the most key items to the set are included when I ask if it is complete unless you specify it Is not.

Sent: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:02 am
by MY TRADE PARTNER

Also, Be very careful about how you quote what I sent you. You listed :

MY TRADE PARTNER wrote:
It will include the rulebook, templates, dice, all of the cardboard with the exception of the tie fighter and x wing movement discs. MY TRADE PARTNER@gmail.com is my paypal.
The above is my reply to you.

You then quote me as saying:

I asked If its complete
*with the exception of the tie fighter and x wing movement discs*

That is not an accurate description of what I said. you failed to read what you were buying. I listed what would show up and that is what showed up. To say any thing besides that is misleading.

Sent: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:38 am
by MY TRADE PARTNER

If you pay to send back what I sent you in the shape I sent it I will refund, if you refuse then you bought it. I never said that the fighters were part of it. I listed what came with it.

Sent: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:36 am
by MY TRADE PARTNER

I listed that it inlcuded the rulebook, templates, all of the cardboard, nothing about the fighters.

Sent: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:32 am
by Hiflt4

MY TRADE PARTNER wrote:
It will include the rulebook, templates, dice, all of the cardboard with the exception of the tie fighter and x wing movement discs. MY TRADE PARTNER@gmail.com is my paypal.

So the package you sent me did not have the fighters, 2 tie fighters, 1 x-wing

I asked If its complete
*with the exception of the tie fighter and x wing movement discs*

I need you to send me the fighters or issue a refund and a payment for return shipping man. I cant play the game without the ships.

Sent: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:35 am
by MY TRADE PARTNER

USPS 9114901159815840529112

Thanks

Sent: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:40 pm
by MY TRADE PARTNER

I'll get that sent out tomorrow

Sent: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:17 pm
by Hiflt4

Payment sent

Sent: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:29 am
by MY TRADE PARTNER

Sent: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:37 pm
by Hiflt4

If its complete then yes.
What's you're paypal info.

Sent: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:21 pm
by MY TRADE PARTNER

i have the templates, dice rule book etc... that i would sell for $15 shipped (US) if you are interested.

Subject: W: Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Game Core Set : H: $$$

Hiflt4 wrote:
Looking for the starter set for X-Wing Miniatures Game

thx
Want it but cant afford it now? Send me a Non refundable Deposit of 25 USD and ill hold it for you for as long as 45 days.
Made a deal but now cant afford it? Just frankly let me know we can do a payment plan, or work something out. Just don't leave me hanging with no communication.

Thx
pixelgeek ( 204 )
Resident Trader

Re: Need feed back reguarding incident

Post by pixelgeek »

I think he should have been more clear about what he was selling. You did ask him if it was complete and his response did not mention the miniatures at all
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

I would recommend formatting in date order (oldest first), then adding separators so we can follow the conversation. This is very difficult to follow.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

It will include the rulebook, templates, dice, all of the cardboard with the exception of the tie fighter and x wing movement discs. [Admin Edit]@gmail.com is my paypal.
This is pretty clear, right here.

I understand the miscommunication, but he did say exactly what he was selling.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
dg3263827 ( 16 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by dg3263827 »

With him saying this:
MYTRADEPARTNER wrote:i have the templates, dice rule book etc...
And this:
MYTRADEPARTNER wrote:It will include the rulebook, templates, dice, all of the cardboard with the exception of the tie fighter and x wing movement discs.
I think he was being really deceptive. He left he contents open ended with the "etc..." and then what you asked if it was complete, he said it was only missing the movement discs.
Why would he tell you it doesn't include the movement discs but not the actual miniatures?
Devin Gorski aka D. Gorski

Banned for multi-accounting (dg3263827 and BntyHntr). Also has an open BTR as BntyHntr.
Hiflt4 ( 74 )
BTown Regular

Post by Hiflt4 »

Imaginos wrote:I would recommend formatting in date order (oldest first), then adding separators so we can follow the conversation. This is very difficult to follow.

Ill do that next time, but it seems I am unable to edit my posts in the section.
Want it but cant afford it now? Send me a Non refundable Deposit of 25 USD and ill hold it for you for as long as 45 days.
Made a deal but now cant afford it? Just frankly let me know we can do a payment plan, or work something out. Just don't leave me hanging with no communication.

Thx
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

There's some ambiguity.

However, when "testing the waters", it is best to not include names.

if you want to take this to a BTR, that's where the names come in. I've edited them out for the time being.

In my view, responding to an add requesting X and not making it bloody well clear that what you were offering was X - Y is problematic.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
Hiflt4 ( 74 )
BTown Regular

Post by Hiflt4 »

s_o_r_r_o_w wrote:There's some ambiguity.

However, when "testing the waters", it is best to not include names.

if you want to take this to a BTR, that's where the names come in. I've edited them out for the time being.

In my view, responding to an add requesting X and not making it bloody well clear that what you were offering was X - Y is problematic.

If it was more than a 5$ postage fee I would, I just wanted to get the opinion of the forum incase I was incorrect in my language when interacting with him.
Its just really frustrating I was buying this for a friend who's out of work and he was really disappointed when he opened it up.

*Ty for cleaning up the first post admin's*

Thx
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

As this has become more of an "assistance" thread and no longer a backout/deadbeat thread, I've moved it from that forum to this one.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Also, I spotted an x-wing starter on Dakka for $35 shipped. Same user may be on here as well:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... 36337.page\

edit: And amazon has them for $28.10 plus shipping.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
Hiflt4 ( 74 )
BTown Regular

Post by Hiflt4 »

Thx, I worked out something with another user.

Thx

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”