Am I getting screwed over by a high rating user?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

dg3263827 ( 16 )
Apprentice Trader

Am I getting screwed over by a high rating user?

Post by dg3263827 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:58 pm

Myself and a user with a 206 rating (whom I will keep anonymous right now) have entered into a trade starting February 25rd. The deal was my 2 gaming systems for his 2 WH40K armies. We agreed that I would ship the 1st gaming system, he would ship the 1st army then I would ship the 2nd, and then he would send the 2nd. I shipped out on the 25th and asked him if he'd consider shipping out early since my package was going to take a week or so to get to him. He agreed saying that he will "will send out a box in the next few days." It wasn't until my package arrived on the following Monday (03/03) that he shipped the 1st army out. The tracking number he sent me said the box was supposed to arrive on Monday (03/10), but it did not. I sent him a message, and he read it but ignored it, waiting to reply to me once the tracking was updated on 03/13 and asking me if I shipped out yet. I had not. His package arrived on Friday (03/14) but it was missing one of the items. I told him this and he said it was accidentally left out and it would be in the next order. I shipped out my 2nd console to him on Friday (03/14) and asked him when he would be shipping out. On Tuesday (03/18), he said "tomorrow". My 2nd console arrived to him on Wednesday (03/19) after a brief holdup with USPS. I asked him if he had shipped and on Thursday (3/20) he, again, told me "tomorrow". After 4 messages (I waited for him to read the previous one before sending another) and me telling him that I was going to leave him a BTR and neg. status if he didn't get back to me, he finally responded on Tuesday (03/25) with a tracking number and saying there was a second package but he didn't have the tracking number. I received the package on Wednesday (03/26) but it only had 2 models in it. He still owes me over $600 worth of 40k models but hasn't responded to the message I sent him on Wednesday, even though he read it. So it leads me to my original question: am I getting screwed over by a high rating user? Is he trying to pull some game on me by drawing this out as long as possible? What should I do to ensure I get my stuff?
Devin Gorski aka D. Gorski

Banned for multi-accounting (dg3263827 and BntyHntr). Also has an open BTR as BntyHntr.

s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Re: Am I getting screwed over by a high rating user?

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:55 pm

You should file a BTR.

If you have received the second package, and it is SNAD, and he's not responding, file right away.

There's no excuse for a 206 to send a box with only 2 figs in it and not the rest of the models--all things being as you describe.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary

dg3263827 ( 16 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by dg3263827 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:08 pm

Alright. Thanks, Sorrow. I will.

Banned for multi-accounting (dg3263827 and BntyHntr). Also has an open BTR as BntyHntr.

s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:17 am

And please take care to read the instructions and guides on how to post one.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary

MagickalMemories ( 828 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:28 am

What were te 2 models? Were they what was missing from the first box?
There might be another box in the mail.
Before jumping to a BTR, you should PM him about it. Tell him you're going to give him 24 hours from when he reads it to respond or you file a BTR.
If he responds, see where it goes. If he doesn't, or hasn't shipped yet... BTR is likely appropriate.

Whatever his rating, he should be communicating better.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

dg3263827 ( 16 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by dg3263827 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:44 am

Neither of the two models were the one that was missing from the original package. If there is another package, it's been 5 days and 2 messages (1 of which he read) since he said he would get me the Tracking Number for the second package "tomorrow". And if he mailed them at the same time, I don't see why they wouldn't arrive at the same time since he mailed USPS Priority.

I already posted a BTR.

MagickalMemories ( 828 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:52 am

I sw the BTR after responding to the message.
I think you did about all you could reasonably do.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”