how many pics are too many?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Chris33 ( 8 )
Apprentice Trader

how many pics are too many?

Post by Chris33 »

Hi all,

When placing a trade and including pics, hw mny pics are consifeted too many to post? Assuming each pic is a different itrm is it bsd manners to post 10 pics if you are listing 10 different items? My ads don't get many replies and I thought posting pivs may help instead of just volimteeting to send yhem tp anyone interrested. Is there a good taste limit?
osloco ( 210 )
Resident Trader

Re: how many pics are too many?

Post by osloco »

I don't know about official rules, but I would say as many as it takes. Most of the file sharing sites have options for thumbnails that expand when clicked on. Then if people just want to see text the post loads quickly.
Please ship to my by post office, couriers pull all kinds of shenanigans with customs fees
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

If you have special , different or painted minis; there's no such thing as too many. Now NIB or NOS, or even bare plastic, resin, or metal minis you could probably leave out. Unless they're OOP or not a current pose or sculpt.

Not getting many or any replies can be for several reasons.
No one wants what you have. Everybody is leaving that game or army and; they're just not in demand.
No one wants them in the condition you have them. Painted or built without options or extra bits.
No one wants them at the price you're asking. It's pretty easy to buy new models at 20%30% off for new models.
No one has to trade what you want. Say for example you want the newest sculpts for older ones, or an undesired army.

I've never seen people not looking at an ad because there's too many pics.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

There's no such thing as too many pics, as long as you actualy describe them in the thread, as well.
Just be sure to use photobucket or something, as the forum software only allows 5 images to be posted in a post and, if you use multiple posts for image purposes, we'll probably lock your thread for bumping.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

I suggest Dakka gallery if they are wargaming related. No bandwidth limits, auto-resizing, allows zooming, makes folders, etc
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”