Trade Disagreement - Need input

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: Trade Disagreement - Need input

Post by kturock »

This problem happened because BOTH TRADERS didn't give a complete list of what was agreed upon in the trade.

YOU SHOULD ALWAYS LIST WHAT YOU'RE SENDING AND WHAT YOU'RE EXPECTING IN THE TRADE!!!
Anything else is opening yourself to this exact problem.

The last line from each trader should have been:

dg3263827:

My:
10 Immortals,
5 Lychguard,
1 Spyder, and
1 C;Tan shard of the Nightbringer?
Retail 169.25.

For your:

20 Cultists,
6 Chosen
1 Lord
1 Helbrute
1 sorcerer
5 Chaos termis
5 SM termis with the extra bits from the chaos termi box on them
1 Land Raider

Is that correct?

Then Tryntius would have replied with:

No, my offer is this:

Your:

10 Immortals
5 Lychguard
1 Spyder
C;Tan shard of the Nightbringer

For my:

20 Cultists,
6 Chosen
1 Lord
1 Helbrute
1 sorcerer
5 Chaos termis
5 SM termis with the extra bits from the chaos termi box on them.

From there you could have discussed more.
But, neither of you verified what you were sending or receiving until it was too late.

Both of you were wrong.
If a deal looks too good to be true, it usually isn't.
Always verify what you're sending and what you're getting.

dg3263827:
If you thought you were getting a bonus of the land raider, you should have asked. Rather it seems you just assumed that he was being nice and really wanted your necrons.

Tryntius:
If you're not sure if you want to trade or keep an item, make sure you clearly state it. I might want to keep it isn't clear. When he offered the Necrons, you should have said that your total of $169 included what models. His total of $165 was plainly listed.

Know what you're getting and know what you're sending.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Tryntius ( 128 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Tryntius »

Thanks for your help B-Town and MM, I really appreciate it. I will no longer refer to anyone here as "douchebags" and apolgize for doing so. I will also never ever do another trade without having a confirmation message. Thanks again guys, I'm glad to be part of the community here.
Reading a message and then taking days to respond is quite rude. I get busy schedules, I have one too; but if you have time to read a message, then you have the 30 seconds it takes to shoot a few sentences off.

Be polite. Respond to read messages in a timely manner.

If you agree to purchase an item from me (I'm not referring to trades), you have 48 hours to make payment through Paypal for that item. If you don't, the item will be up for sale again.

I only ship in the CONUS.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Re: Potential Deadbeat dg3263827

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

I'm pleased to see this resolved so quickly.

Sinjin wrote:I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with pretty much everything you posted sorrow.
That's your right. But you actually agree with me--mostly.

I think the LR was "mostly" excluded, and that an attempt to force it's inclusion was in bad faith. But I also think that the OP was less clear than he ought to have been about its trade status.

I have no problem with traders selectively offering from their lists--but "I might keep this LR" is different from "I offer you X, Y, and Z to match your A, C, and D".

And everyone has given the best advice--exchange an executive summary of the deal before sending.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
starship trooper ( 20 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by starship trooper »

I thought the rules said you are to suppose to pm a final message? That’s what I do. Good luck to both sides. Its a shame looks like this all could have been easily avoided and the trade without LR is still a very fair one.
~ We receive all we venture to give...

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”