Question about Bad Trader Reports and Banning

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Chris33 ( 8 )
Apprentice Trader

Question about Bad Trader Reports and Banning

Post by Chris33 »

Hi all,

I did some searching on the forums and I don't think I have found an answer to this. If I am mistaken, please point me in the right direction.

When there is an Unresolved Bad Trader Report and a person is clearly in the wrong - by clearly I mean that person responds to the report, shows no remorse, makes no effort to make amends - is that person banned?

The reason I ask is because I was wondering if there is a policy in place for this, because as members is it our responsibility to check the BTR's, Back-outs, and References when we are going to trade with someone. However, there are some BTR's where the person filing the complaint has not left a negative reference yet - and I understand why this happens, if there is a BTR in place and also a negative reference, the person in the wrong really has no reason to fix the issue - aside from honesty of course.

I don't want to use a specific BTR as an example because I am new here and would rather not make a name for myself as 'That Guy' who points out others without having earned anything himself.

I guess it could have been asked a lot more simply this way - If someone has an Unresolved BTR filed against them and they do not resolve the issue, are they banned after a certain period of time?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Question about Bad Trader Reports and Banning

Post by MagickalMemories »

It is 100% situational. The more willful the issue on the BTR seems, the more likely it is that a ban will occur. More than likely, once you're banned for a BTR issue, the ban is permanent. We rarely suspend for BTRs.
Some of that also depends on the REPORTER. If someone files a BTR, but doesn't really follow up with it... well, frankly, there's a lot to do to keep this site running properly. It CAN fall off of our radar.

One single unresolved BTR is all someone needs, potentially, to get booted from BTown.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Chris33 ( 8 )
Apprentice Trader

Re: Question about Bad Trader Reports and Banning

Post by Chris33 »

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I appreciate the help.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”