Neutral or Bad trade?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

pixelgeek ( 204 )
Resident Trader

Neutral or Bad trade?

Post by pixelgeek » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:17 pm

So I am in the process of leaving feedback for someone and am looking for some community guidance.

They initially backed out of a deal with me with no word and then agreed to do the deal a second time when I saw them posting the same figures again. I am not sure if they just didn't follow through or what.

I got their figures and they were horribly packed. There was no packing material, some bubble wrap was casually rolled around the game box and when I opened it the game box was ajar. The bubble wrap wasn't even taped to the box. There was nothing to stop the game box from rolling around inside the box they used and the box was large enough that the game box would indeed move as soon as the box was tipped.

The only thing that saved the minis from being broken was the quality of the game manufacturers box and even then one of the larger figures was broken apart. Thankfully all the pieces are there and I can glue it back.

One of the larger figures has a weapon pod that is missing a part that connects it to the main body. I have PMed the original party twice now asking for some indication of whether they have the part with no reply on their end. They have opened and, I assume, read the PMs but have not replied.

I am sending their figures out today but I am curious if people think I should leave negative or neutral feedback.

TIA

Updated with some photos
Last edited by pixelgeek on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kturock ( 566 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: Neutral or Bad trade?

Post by kturock » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:32 pm

Negative states, never would trade with them again.
Would you?

Either way, I'd leave a detailed explanation and maybe even a link to this post.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

pretre ( 1334 )
Bartertown Advertiser

Post by pretre » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:38 pm

Yeah, I pretty much agree. Just keep in mind that you want a detailed explanation AND a link. Eventually this page will get nuked and you'll have no record so the detailed explanation protects future traders.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1

3eland ( 70 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:01 pm

I'm sure it would qualify for a Deadbeat report if he doesn't make good with his side of the trade, or a BTR if it's really bad. If he shipped models that are not as described that is a rules violation and I would not think twice in creating a report if he decides to ignore you.

People say "oh models break in shipping" and I can see maybe a pole getting bent or something small happening but some of the things people come up with is silly bad. As a trader, you (collective) are responsible in having your models get to the other person in the same shape as you had them described in the trade agreement (or described via pictures), there is no excuse for bad packaging.

You (targeted) have the right to complain and seek compensation since his side of the trade was not met to in full. If he does not want to communicate with you and make good on his side I would definitely leave a descriptive negative reference (or neutral, it depends on the full story). There are some people who just don't care and I feel the community needs to be aware of these people, leaving a negative/neutral reference with a full explanation helps people who wish to deal with them in the future. This way, they know ahead of time if they will get the same experience as you... I know I personally would be upset if I received the same (or worse) treatment as yourself and found out later they they had done it before but no one made the community aware.

My .02
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

2020 W/L/T ratios:

AOS
KO - 5/0/0

pixelgeek ( 204 )
Resident Trader

Post by pixelgeek » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:38 pm

Thanks folks. I've left negative feedback for him and added some photos to this thread and referenced it in the feedback.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”