Is it time to post a BTR?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

psycho7384 ( 14 )
New Trader

Is it time to post a BTR?

Post by psycho7384 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:50 pm

So I've been waiting for an item that was claimed to be shipped on 12/04/12 and as of 12/22/13 we were in constant contact. A few harsh messages were sent back and forth but we decided that it was just a mistake at the post office and that he would resend the item when it was returned to him. I resent my shipping information to him on 12/24/13 but haven't heard from him since 12/22/12. OK it was the holiday season so he was busy, but the holiday is now over and still nothing. He has been a member since 07/01/09 and has 13 good references and 1 neutral. His profile says that he hasn't signed in since 12/23/12. So do I post a BTR or should I give it more time?

MagickalMemories ( 828 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Is it time to post a BTR?

Post by MagickalMemories » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:27 pm

A BTR? That depends. Have you given him something already? If not, then it would be a deadbeat/backout report, at worst.
If you sent your item, keep your tracking #. If you paid, file a claim with PayPal.
PM his information to an Admin (Red User ID's) and we can look into him, give you any feelings we may have on him, and possibly reach out to him via email.

Did you get a tracking # for the first time he sent it? If so, what does it say?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

psycho7384 ( 14 )
New Trader

Post by psycho7384 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:36 pm

Yes I sent him money via paypal as a friend, even though he wasn't, to save him the fee paypal charges, I thought I was being a nice guy. No he claims that he didn't get a tracking number but that I'll have to sign for it when it gets here.

psycho7384 ( 14 )
New Trader

Post by psycho7384 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:41 pm

Yeah it wont let me file a claim on paypal cause of the way I sent it.

MagickalMemories ( 828 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:47 pm

Don't fall for that. You're using the automated online system. Call them and speak to a person.
Claim ignorance, that you didn't realize it didn't have the same details. It's worked a BUNCH of times in the past.

As for no tracking #? B.S.
Almost every shipping with UPS, FedEx and USPS come with tracking automatically. What was he sending, specifically?

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

psycho7384 ( 14 )
New Trader

Post by psycho7384 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:59 pm

A WoC Chimera. I messaged a few of the people that left him good references and one other did say that he didn't get a tracking number either but still got his items.

MagickalMemories ( 828 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:32 am

Last I saw, First Class didn't automatically get a tracking # (might've changed, now - kturock would know). A Chimera MIGHT be light enough to go First Class, depending on how it's packed.
Otherwise, the "no tracking #" line is BS.

Eric

kturock ( 566 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:04 am

MagickalMemories wrote:Last I saw, First Class didn't automatically get a tracking # (might've changed, now - kturock would know). A Chimera MIGHT be light enough to go First Class, depending on how it's packed.
Otherwise, the "no tracking #" line is BS.

Eric
No, it doesn't.

on a side note. I bought a Bolt Action book through Amazon. It was shipped 1st class with a tracking number. It took 2 weeks to be delivered and was only scanned in the originnating city then arrival in my area.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”