What do I do with a ba trader. Please delete this. Thanks.

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Rayjbaker ( 46 )
Resident Trader

What do I do with a ba trader. Please delete this. Thanks.

Post by Rayjbaker »

I started a trade with someone and we both agreed on the details. He's a lower rating so he ships first which he agrees to. He said he would ship the 21st but had packaging issues so it would be the 22nd. By the 25th I hadn't received a package or a message from the sender. My message left my outbox which means he read it right? Well no response but he's been on every day. I messaged him again on the 28th and at this point it's been over a week with no response. I get that at this point I can relist my stuff for trade but is there anything else.
Last edited by Rayjbaker on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I go by standard rules unless we work something out in advance.
I will hold items with offers pending for one day before looking into other offers.
I will ship overseas and to Canada but will not ship first in those trades.
I respond to messages within one day of receiving them please do the same.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: What do I do?

Post by 3eland »

Well, I would suggest informing him that you will have to assume that if he does not contact you back that he is backing out of your trade/ not going through with it. Then, if he continues to not respond after reading it (if the message goes from your inbox to the sent box he read it) I would urge you to create a thread in the bad trader forum against him. Some people just shrug the experience off but I think that the community needs to know about people like this so that they know who they are dealing with. He might have backed out from your trade this time, but what happens if he is the higher reference party and ends up stealing an army from someone who sent first because they were lower?

In the end, it's your choice what you want to do, you could shrug it off and relist your items, or, you can inform the community. I'm sure an admin will give a more, official answer, but as a member here I wanted to express my own opinion too.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

If you post a BTR be sure to post all PMs in order from oldest to newest. There are other guide lines and they all can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=103202

Good luck,

Jason
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

The first thing that you do is you edit the title of this thread to better reflect its contents.

The second thing you do is message your trade partner saying that he has 24 hrs to respond or you will file a Backout Report (not a BTR) and then relist your stuff.

The third thing you do is read the guidelines mentioned above.

The fourth thing you do is follow through.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: What do I do with a ba trader. Please delete this. Thank

Post by MagickalMemories »

This thread will not be deleted. As a general rule, never post anything you don't want to stay on the site. We don't delete threads.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”