Ad Bumping

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

luke1705 ( 86 )
BTown Regular

Ad Bumping

Post by luke1705 »

This is the first time I'm attempting to bump an ad of mine that's gotten old (about a week and a half old now). I'm pretty sure that commenting on it will bump it back up, but does editing the post bump it also?
My personal trading code:

1) I leave feedback for all of my partners, and hope that they do the same
2) I respond to all messages, and hope that others have the courtesy to respond also
3) I will ship/pay first if I have lower feedback, and expect others to follow suit
4) My offers are good for 48 hours. If you haven't responded, check to make sure the offer is still on the table
imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Re: Ad Bumping

Post by imp522 »

Bumping is against the rules. If your ad is a week old start a new one.
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

luke1705 wrote:This is the first time I'm attempting to bump an ad of mine that's gotten old (about a week and a half old now). I'm pretty sure that commenting on it will bump it back up, but does editing the post bump it also?
Bumping, for the sake of bumping it up in the thread lists, is expressly prohibited and will result in your thread being locked, exasperated swearing by the staff, bad karma, and potential suspensions for multiple offenses, so do not do it.

UPDATING your original post, and then posting in your thread indicating that the OP was updated and what the nature of the updates is, IS permitted.

You may, as the imp says, also start a new thread entirely if it is more than a week old.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
luke1705 ( 86 )
BTown Regular

Post by luke1705 »

My bad. I figured I could just bump it once a week in lieu of creating a new ad. No problem just creating a new one though. Thanks for the clarification.
My personal trading code:

1) I leave feedback for all of my partners, and hope that they do the same
2) I respond to all messages, and hope that others have the courtesy to respond also
3) I will ship/pay first if I have lower feedback, and expect others to follow suit
4) My offers are good for 48 hours. If you haven't responded, check to make sure the offer is still on the table
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

luke1705 wrote:My bad. I figured I could just bump it once a week in lieu of creating a new ad.
The only way you could have "figured" that is if you have not read the rules.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470

Please read them now.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Trade forums here have the "bumping to the first page" option turned off, so if you do edit and post an Updated Post bump, it will not migrate the ad to the front anyhow.
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

All it will do is show up in the "feed" of those members who have BTown set to only show them new posts... a relatively small subset of our member base.
You're just better off to repost every 7 days.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”