2009 Final Conversion Contest

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

Lord_Nagash ( 220 )
Necrosurgeon General

Post by Lord_Nagash »

O.K. folks, here it is. The final contest for 2009.

The theme is to make the conversion funny. We all want a good laugh for the holidays. For example, you could do a Bloodthirster entering a building that is labeled "Anger Management", or the 4 greater daemons sitting around a card table like the dogs playing poker. Keep it funny, but keep it clean. You can use fantasy or futuristic models.

The Rules

1. You must convert your own model, and it IS to be unpainted. This includes primer. No primer at all.

2. Any futuristic or fantasy game system's pieces can be used; alternately, you can scratchbuild your entry.

3. Creativity is encouraged.

4. Conversion base not to exceed 12 in. x 12 in.

5. Scene must contain at least one (1) but no more than six (6) total models.

6. Models must be at least 40% converted from the original.

7. Models must be in 25/28/30mm scale. The largest base size we'll allow is a 60mm diameter (Warmachine Large base size).

8. You must have at least two (2) pictures of the model. Before and after shots are strongly encouraged.

9. Keep them decent, mostly. An R-rating is as hard as we'll go on this one.

10. We the admins and moderators reserve the right to remove any contest entry we feel violates any or all of these rules.

Entries will be voted on. We will open a special forum for people to post their entries, and there will be a poll at the top for everyone to choose their favorite. One vote per person, and yes you can vote for yourself.

Any questions, please ask a staff member and we will get back to you as soon as we can. All entries must be posted by December 31st. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

Good luck to everyone!!!
USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Fraud Center

Kevin

Lower rating, you ship first. I always leave feedback, appreciate the same in return.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
arcangel742 ( 42 )
BTown Regular

Re: 2009 Final Conversion Contest

Post by arcangel742 »

So do boobs on the model come within the scope of an R rating?
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

7. Models must be in 25/28/30mm scale. The largest base size we'll allow is a 60mm diameter (Warmachine Large base size).
Does not compute.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

Ironhide wrote:
Does not compute.
I believe conversion base refers to the overall area the conversion can take up. Seeing as you can have up to 6 models as part of your entry I imagine they must all fit inside that area. Then the individual models that are part of the conversion must be intended for 60mm bases or smaller. So if you wanted say a warcater and a warjack fighting another warcaster and a warjack that would be fine, but then those models must be on an overall base no larger than 12" x 12".
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Good clarification! :-D
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
Lord_Nagash ( 220 )
Necrosurgeon General

Post by Lord_Nagash »

That is correct HZ. Thank you for that. My internet has been fuzzy so sorry for the late replies.
USPS Mail Fraud

Kevin

Lower rating, you ship first. I always leave feedback, appreciate the same in return.

Lord_Nagash ( 220 )
Necrosurgeon General

Post by Lord_Nagash »

As far as the boobs are concerned that is actually PG-13. However, we don't want sexual usage of said boobs and I think we are all old enough to know what that means. If anyone needs it explained to them, PM me.
USPS Mail Fraud

Kevin

EZ mac ( 164 )
Expert Trader

Post by EZ mac »

Lord_Nagash wrote:As far as the boobs are concerned that is actually PG-13. However, we don't want sexual usage of said boobs and I think we are all old enough to know what that means. If anyone needs it explained to them, PM me.
Giggidy

Oh and u had said in another post that painting would be part of it
the new contest will not only be funny, but will also involve some painting. this is a little different than contests in the past, but should be interesting. rules will be up by this weekend.
but u have it in the rules that u must have no painting on it so that we can see the conversion work, and the example of someone going into a room the says anger management how does that work? Do we need to cut plasticard to make 3d letters? Or can we paint? I think u just copied and paisted the rules but just currious..
Lowest rating ships first even from payments
40k is NOT chess! It's yatzee... Roll more dice and roll higher and you win!
Leave feedback. It helps build the BT community. It's the polite thing to do. If I owe you a ref - please PM with details so I can fix that oversight.
Lord_Nagash ( 220 )
Necrosurgeon General

Post by Lord_Nagash »

i took out the painting. i have to go back and edit the original post. no painting or primer on the models.
USPS Mail Fraud

Kevin

Return to “Bartertown Contests”