Scenes and Battle Scenes - 1st Bartertown Painting Contest!

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Scenes and Battle Scenes - 1st Bartertown Painting Contest!

Post by CMSheats »

Hello all!

So this is a contest that I have been wanting to see run for a long time. I am hosting the first Scenes and Battle Scenes Bartertown Contest!

What I was thinking was, people enter just like they would for a normal contest, but just have to send a picture of all the models they will be using for their scene. (With a max off 10 models and min of 2) You would get more time of course then the normal painting contest, but then everyone who entered would create a little scene of Warhammer. Be it a Battle, or a troop marching through woods, Zombies and a Necro in a grave yard, a skaven assassin killing a Empire guardsmen.. really anything that involves a few models all on the same area. (If that makes sense.)

All the models must be painted, and the area which the models are on must be flocked or painted.

What would you guys think of this? Any thoughts/comments? Would anyone be interested in doing this with me?

Let me know! And please post below if you have any thoughts about this contest.

I know there were several people interested last time I got a thread up, so if you guys are still interested, let me know!!!!

Thanks!

Chris
Last edited by CMSheats on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
cabward1982 ( 158 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Scenes and Battle Scenes - 1st Bartertown Painting Conte

Post by cabward1982 »

absolutely still interested. I'll have to do a bit of research and prep, obviously. What time frame are you thinking?
I will no longer trade for assembled models without pictures. Sorry. NOS/NIB is fine.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Awesome! I was thinking about have the end date...
Finish - Sunday, the 4th of November

Would that be enough time? Guys could start painting and stuff as soon as they claim their spots and send me pics of their unpainted models.

Thanks!

Chris
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
cabward1982 ( 158 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by cabward1982 »

Unfortunately I'll have to do the second battle scenes contest then, as I'm getting married on the 4th and thus this next month is going to be pretty hectic! Also don't think a month is enough time for planning, building and painting a scene with up to 10 guys in it, given that we all have a number of side projects as well, no doubt.
I will no longer trade for assembled models without pictures. Sorry. NOS/NIB is fine.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

That is true... I just used the time frame of the infantry models contest...

How about as soon as people send me their pics of their unpainted models, then they can start painting whenever they would like.. I think that would work out better.

And congratulations on getting married!!

Chris
cabward1982 ( 158 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by cabward1982 »

Thanks! I'll still try to work a little something out. Doesn't have to be extravagant
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Sounds good. ;) I will also see if I can do something... but I don't know if I can yet..

Thanks!

Chris

Return to “Bartertown Contests”