6th BT painting contest!

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Re: 6th BT painting contest!

Post by CMSheats »

Man.... Sorry to hear that. At least there is always next time. So, I am still needing two entrie's pictures of their models. If I don't get a response, I will just PM you guys. But I have to have the pics by the end of 11th, or else they don't count. So please get those to me soon, or PM me and let me know how close you are or something. Thanks!
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
gohkmkelvin ( 70 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by gohkmkelvin »

Yeah, next time. I'm going to learn to have to paint without Dullcote.
Lycane ( 78 )
BTown Regular

Post by Lycane »

gohkmkelvin wrote:I withdraw from this contest.

After finishing my fig, I sprayed it with a blast of Testor's Dullcote ...

... and the paint bubbled like there was no tomorrow. Considering I didn't use any paint additives, and I sprayed under rigorous conditions (high temperature, low humidity, shook the can to shreds and soaked it in warm water), I can only conclude that the lacquer is at fault.

I've referred the matter to Testor's, but answers are yet to be forthcoming.

I would suggest that if anyone has Testor's from the batch KZ091 (the number is located on the bottom of the can), one should avoid using it as it may be from a poor batch.
Not just the batch my friend, but I generally do not trust testors products. I've had bad experiences every time i use them. Instead find using an acrylic matte spray used to protect canvas paintings works EXTREMELY well. I'll post the brand and maybe a pic this weekend. My "home" computer is being upgraded so havent been able to post much the past week.
Lower rating ships/pays first. Please PM if owe you feedback, sometimes...i forget :)

Those who owe Feedback:
athelu ( 608 )
Resident Trader

Post by athelu »

FYI - I hope to have my painting finished tonight, then pictures taken tomorrow.
Stanislav ( 1134 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Stanislav »

Guys, I think that Testor's Dullcote is the gold standard of sealers. It's like Magic Pixie Dust. I think you got a bad batch.
Lower rating? I ask that you ship first. Also, if I offer a stupidly good deal and you try to negotiate even lower...don't call it bad communication that you didn't get a reply. I deleted the message.
gohkmkelvin ( 70 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by gohkmkelvin »

Testor's is generally regarded as the gold standard for sealants, yes, but the formula has changed over the past couple of years. They switched out certain chemicals to comply with EU legislature (since the old formula contained certain carcinogens). Besides, even in the old days, Testor's was famous for producing absolutely rubbish batches of Dullcote.

Stanislav, I think you're right - I might have just gotten a naff batch.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Glad to hear it athelu. Looking forward to those pics. I just need one more set....
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Stanislav wrote:Guys, I think that Testor's Dullcote is the gold standard of sealers. It's like Magic Pixie Dust. I think you got a bad batch.
The only matte sealer I like more than Testors is Model Master. It's a few cents cheaper and is the same size.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Hey guys, the voting poll is up and the links to the pics are there. So check them out and vote for what you think is the best! Thanks!

Return to “Bartertown Contests”