Painting Contest

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

Lord_Nagash ( 220 )
Necrosurgeon General

Painting Contest

Post by Lord_Nagash »

Here is the new painting contest. CMSheats will be posting rules and other goodies for the contest.
USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Fraud Center

Kevin

Lower rating, you ship first. I always leave feedback, appreciate the same in return.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Painting Contest

Post by CMSheats »

Ok, here are the rules we decided on.

The Rules

1. You must paint your own model, commission painted pieces DO NOT count!

2. Any futuristic or fantasy game system's pieces can be used.

3. Creativity is encouraged.

4. Model must be completely painted, no half painted models.

5. You must have at least four (4) pictures of the model. Before and after shots are strongly encouraged.

6. Have fun with what you are painting.

7. Converted models are accepted but not necessary. Conversions will not be taken into account as far as best painted results. Those voting, please only vote on painting skill, not conversion work.

8. Absolutely NO vulgar models. Please don't do a conversion that is tasteless and profane and submit it.

9. Those in charge of the contest as well as the admins and moderators reserve the right to remove any contest entry we feel violates any or all of these rules.

Entries will be voted on. We will open a special forum for people to post their entries, and there will be a poll at the top for everyone to choose their favorite. One vote per person, and yes you can vote for yourself.

Send me the pics of your model that you will be painting with your user name written or printed on a piece of paper beside it. All model entries MUST be a "non vehicle single miniature." NO exceptions.
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Here is that is going to be painting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by CMSheats on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Here is a model that will be painted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by CMSheats on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

The starting and ending dates for the contest will be,

October 9th through October 23rd.

Here are two more models that will be in the contest.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

A sponsor has been found! BITZJUNKIE will be providing prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Specifics on what the prizes are going to be are being worked out.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Here is another model that is going to be in the contest.
oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by oaflord »

CMSheats wrote:A sponsor has been found! BITZJUNKIE will be providing prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Specifics on what the prizes are going to be are being worked out.
Yay for the junkie!!! Are we firm on the 9th to the 23rd for the time duration... Do we have a cut off date for entries?

oAF

***EDIT***

Just read the other thread... 5 entries and any time span works for me.

oAF
References owed to me: fhoenix, razley, MEversbergII
References owed by me: None.
MagickalMemories wrote:I think it was best said by Oaflord, with his 14 rating. Smart fella, there.
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaflord... You're a Dork! (Put THAT in your sig line!)
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaf... Yer still a flippin' idiot. Some things just don't change. :wink:
Magickalmemories wrote:That oaflord! He's one heck of a great guy!
MagickalMemories wrote:Oh, God, oAF! You did it. You drank it. Now, you're dooooooomed.
MagickalMemories wrote:No... it makes you a HERO! (in reference to me)
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Yes. The 9th through the 23rd are the official starting and ending dates. Well, as long as you get me the pic of your model before the 8th then it will be qualified.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Here is another model that will be in the contest.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Here is another model that will be in the contest.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

That is a VERY cool model. What is it? What system?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
gohkmkelvin ( 70 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by gohkmkelvin »

That's Duke Gerard, from Reaper's Warlord system. I've just cut away his normal pansy axe and given him a right proper Inquisitor's thunderhammer.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ok, BITZJUNKIE has worked out the prizes he will be providing for the contest.

1st - Konflikt gift card ($20)

2nd - FRP games.com gift card ($15)

3rd - walmart gift card ($10)

Addresses must be sent to BITZJUNKIE for all people who place. This must be done AFTER the voting period has been closed.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

Cool, thanks Bitzjunkie :)
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center

Return to “Bartertown Contests”