The 5th painting contest?

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Re: The 5th painting contest?

Post by insidius »

9th through the 23rd sounds good to me, personally.
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ok, then that's what we will do. :-D
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Oh.... forgot to mention. You might want to look at the newest entry. We are all doomed. :(
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by oaflord »

CMSheats wrote:Oh.... forgot to mention. You might want to look at the newest entry. We are all doomed. :(
Taking my profession in to consideration, if you believe that to be true then it will be true.

oAF
References owed to me: fhoenix, razley, MEversbergII
References owed by me: None.
MagickalMemories wrote:I think it was best said by Oaflord, with his 14 rating. Smart fella, there.
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaflord... You're a Dork! (Put THAT in your sig line!)
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaf... Yer still a flippin' idiot. Some things just don't change. :wink:
Magickalmemories wrote:That oaflord! He's one heck of a great guy!
MagickalMemories wrote:Oh, God, oAF! You did it. You drank it. Now, you're dooooooomed.
MagickalMemories wrote:No... it makes you a HERO! (in reference to me)
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

What's that profession, oaf?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by oaflord »

MagickalMemories wrote:What's that profession, oaf?

Eric
Please endure the back story as it will help explain... :mrgreen:

I had been in retail sales/management for most of my adult life when (as you may remember MM) I joined GW in December of 2008 to aggressively pursue a management position within the company. After a year and a bit of general frustration, I left GW and decided it was time to take matters in to my own hands. All throughout my retail career people kept telling me how good I was at helping people, how patient I was, how good I was with the kids during Academy classes at GW. The last part I owe to being a parent of 2 (with a third due in December!). So knowing this, I went back to school and became certified as a Personal Life Coach. [/back story]

So now I am a Life Coach who recently has decided to focus my practice on helping kids be successful in anything they want to do. That is why I said what I did to CM. If he thinks he won't win because you entered the contest with that model, then he will paint his model with the mindset of not winning. There is no sense in that IMHO. Want to know more?? PM me. I don't want to feel like I am advertising or anything...

oAF
MagickalMemories wrote:I think it was best said by Oaflord, with his 14 rating. Smart fella, there.
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaf... Yer still a flippin' idiot. Some things just don't change. :wink:
MagickalMemories wrote:Oh, God, oAF! You did it. You drank it. Now, you're dooooooomed.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Wow, that's a pretty cool story! I was mainly joking when I said that about M&M. Wasn't serious. Although, seeing some of the stuff he has painted does give me some doubts, as I am not a pro painter or anything.
oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by oaflord »

Good to hear that it was just a joke! MM is a good painter, agreed... but I know how to improve your painting in 5 minutes or less (actually anyone's painting skill can be improved this way)!!!

1. Make a list of painting techniques and divide them in to columns of "Techniques I can do well" and "Techniques I need work on".

2. Look at the first list and decide if the model can be painted fully using just those techniques.

3a. If yes, just use those techniques!

3b. If no, use as many from the first list and add as little as possible from the second.

A model that has been painted with basic technique but done well will beat out someone who is using advanced technique but doing it sloppily EVERY TIME.

Hint for the day!

oAF
extropymine ( 126 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by extropymine »

I'm taking notes :)
It's a rule of thumb for trades: check my feedback, I'll check yours. Lower rating ships first.
If you're paying via Paypal and want buyer protection, please pay the fees yourself and don't take them from my end. I'll do the same.
Don't like my offer? Don't get offended-- make me a counter-offer instead!
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Haha, me to :-D Got my list made. Thanks Oaf!
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Just thought about this guys, should we set a time on the 9th when you can start? Like 1pm for example? Because some of us go to church on Sunday. :wink: :lol: Or does it even make a difference?
oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by oaflord »

I do not think it makes a difference, personally you should just say go and we have from now until the 23rd...

oAF
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ok, just thought I would ask. : ) Is that ok with all the other guys here? Would you guys like to start tomorrow?
Bulkoth ( 122 )
Resident Trader

Post by Bulkoth »

I think it's ok as long as you use the "start date" as the cut off for entries.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

IMO, let anyone join in at any time they want. If they only give themselves 3 days to finish the model, then so be it. As long as they get the proper "before" pics turned in.
Keep the end date as it is now, so there's something concrete, rather than a "2 weeks from XYZ" variable.

Just my thoughts.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Bartertown Contests”