Design-a-head-for-the-Titan… contest! - CLOSED

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

TrooperPX ( 104 )
Journeyman Trader

Design-a-head-for-the-Titan… contest! - CLOSED

Post by TrooperPX »

Hello all!

I have decided to open up a new contest. There is still good interest in the Knight Paladin kit, however, the head has prevented quite a few from placing orders. So I know there is some talent lurking out here on Bartertown… so let’s see it.

This is an open competition to design a head for this kit. Here is where it needs to fit into/onto:

The winner will receive a Knight Paladin kit! …and see their head offered as an option on future kits. If there is enough interest, or I just really like several heads, I will give “second-place” $100 towards a Knight Paladin kit, and “third-place” $50 towards a Knight Paladin kit.

Here are three heads… the original, and two I used from other toys:

Yes, you must sculpt an actual head to win. You can PM me with ideas and progress pics for feedback as you go. When you are done, PM me several pics of your finished head for me to mull over. I’m thinking about letting this go into mid February? I might close it sooner if something really catches my creative eye... so you need to keep me updated if you're working on something but need more time. The winner(s) will need to ship me their head, and in doing so, release their rights to produce this as a sellable product. Winners will be announced, and full credit will be given as the artist in future advertising.

Yours,
Citizen Dave
Last edited by TrooperPX on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Let me turn your original sculpt into an army!
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=87597
grimdisco ( 212 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Design-a-head-for-the-Titan… contest!

Post by grimdisco »

Sign me up for this one.

I have been thinking on how to make a new head for the one that I have.
So I'll just make it for the competition ( have been needing motivation to make it.)
TrooperPX ( 104 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TrooperPX »

Fantastic! That's what I want to hear! 8)
DavrosRTS ( 182 )
Resident Trader

Post by DavrosRTS »

Question: Scale-wise do you want them as 1-ups, 2-ups or 1 to 1 size? Also if a person wins this, will they also recive a copy of the head for thier Titan as well? Are you looking for just Imperial or can we do Choas as well? Just checking before I start sculpting. Thanks!
"You can Get more with a Kind word and a two by four than by just a kind word"

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) profile to help him on his way to world
(> <) Domination
TrooperPX ( 104 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TrooperPX »

Actual size. I don't have any way to reduce or enlarge a mockup. So I'm looking for something ready to go.

You can choose any head from the ones offered in the kit. I'd send you a proof-copy of your own head anyway. :wink:

I'm looking for Imperial. However, a Chaos option might be nice to add to the kit's offering... so yes. Let's see what you come up with!

-David
DavrosRTS wrote:Question: Scale-wise do you want them as 1-ups, 2-ups or 1 to 1 size? Also if a person wins this, will they also recive a copy of the head for thier Titan as well? Are you looking for just Imperial or can we do Choas as well? Just checking before I start sculpting. Thanks!
TrooperPX ( 104 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TrooperPX »

Alrighty then!! Great response in just the first week. :wink: Looks like we have five that have taken up the challenge so far! Again, this is an open contest, so submit what you have when you have it... then make another! Seriously, I can't wait to see what you all come up with. 8)
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

What if the winner doesn't want a Knight Paladin kit?
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
TrooperPX ( 104 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TrooperPX »

Ironhide wrote:What if the winner doesn't want a Knight Paladin kit?
The only other thing I could offer would be the conversion bits, or my services towards a project of your own.

Beyond that, you could do it for the glory, and getting something of yours into others' hands... a shout-out, props from your mates, a resume piece, cross-links, free advertising or just to do it because you can. :wink:
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

Ironhide wrote:What if the winner doesn't want a Knight Paladin kit?
You could send it to me if you win. :-D
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

I guess I could always put it up for trade.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
TrooperPX ( 104 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TrooperPX »

There you go. :wink:
nvillacci ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by nvillacci »

I just want to know what Matt's take is on this? It is his model after all, does this mean that you have pretty much future-production rights for this model and any future add-ons?

Curious about the rights on this one.
check my bartertown referencesHERE!
TrooperPX ( 104 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TrooperPX »

Hi, sorry... I don't know who you are. :-| Not sure what you're reading into this, it's pretty straight forward. And the agreement between Matt and myself, is well, an agreement between Matt and myself. I will not be discussing "rights" with you - especially in some open random forum.

I have had several people interested in the Knight Paladin kit, but were not happy with the original head. Matt said he had new head(s) sculpted and would get them to me, along with arms, etc., to expand the kits options... ready to ship to me. Based on that information, I gave personal assurances and delivery estimates. Unfortunately, family responsibilities have delayed this. I had been contacted by several people interested in designing heads for the kit, and in the interest of keeping this project moving in a forward direction, took matters into my own hands and came up with the idea of a contest. This gives Matt more time to sort out his personal affairs, and takes preassure off him in keeping this wonderful kit and his exceptional tallents in the public eye.

I hope this satisfies your couriosity.

Yours,
David
nvillacci wrote:I just want to know what Matt's take is on this? It is his model after all, does this mean that you have pretty much future-production rights for this model and any future add-ons?

Curious about the rights on this one.
Last edited by TrooperPX on Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
nvillacci ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by nvillacci »

I am a casual aquantance of Matt's, I know he is dealing with some very hard issues at this time, I just want to make sure he knows that his kit is still being reproduced, and more importantly, that you have permission to modify his sculpture and continue to sell it thus modified.

Owning a miniature company myself, unless I have express ownership of a model (I commissioned a model to be made and own it) or express permission to reproduce that model or model with conversions, I could not manufacture that model, its all a copyright and ownership law issue.

Again, just want to make sure Matt is kosher with this all.
check my bartertown referencesHERE!
TrooperPX ( 104 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TrooperPX »

nvillacci wrote:I just want to make sure he knows that his kit is still being reproduced...
All sales through Bartertown go through me, through my advertiser store front. Rest-of-World sales go through Matt. His original works are not being modified. In an effort to promote sales of the original kit, I am holding a contest to create a head that-just-so-happens-to-fit the Kinght Paiadin.

Matt's original kit will be offered as-is, with the option to choose from the heads and arms he has sculpted. (Kind of a Knight Paladin a-la-carte if you will.) We already offer a "headless" option at a reduced price, for those who want to scratch up one of their own. This contest will produce a third choice - that of being able to select a head from one of their peers.

Just one more benefit of our service, to make your Knight Household unique to your gaming group. 8)

Return to “Bartertown Contests”