The Greatest Bartertown Community Charity 40K Project Ever!

Should probably use <a href='http://www.bartertown.com/trading/post_ref.php'> The trade reference system (ITL)</a> but if you want to post something else, do it here.

Moderator: Moderators

The Greatest Bartertown Community Charity 40K Project Ever!

Postby ssapper » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:59 am

HELLO BARTERTOWN! After in depth discussion with MagicalMemories and Porkuslime gaining their approval, I think we have an awesome plan, but I am asking for your help!

So here is the deal, in 2013 I donated some money to charity through the NOCF (http://novaopenfoundation.org/?cat=50), and won this (http://novaopenfoundation.org/?p=1074). So firstly if you haven’t purchased tickets at $1.00 each for one of this year’s FIVE Armies, I will not be offended if you stop right now and go here (http://novaopenfoundation.org/?tcp_prod ... ory=raffle) then come back and finish reading when you are done kicking your own butt for missing out on the chance of a lifetime.
So now that you are ready, I will continue.
Fast forward to 2014, where if you already bought your tickets you might have noticed I sponsored the Massive Flames of War Army and several projects for their onsite Silent Auction. Several Bartertown members donated their time, energy and skill to create several awesome projects. Last year NOCF had 3 Armies and rose over $10,000. This year with their 5 Armies and onsite Silent Auction, I am sure they will raise even more. (WILL UPDATE WITH THIS YEARS TOTALS AFTER EVENT FINISHES)
And this is where you come in. I want to “Host” a 2015 Bartertown Community 40K Army. And here is the concept; below is a rough outline that will consistently be updated as members pledge forces. Items can be new, or in like new condition and what that means is for metals, stripped of paint is ok, and for plastics, on sprue, cut off sprue with care, and in some cases assembled is ok, assembled will be a case by case (we are currently not accepting painted plastics due to various primers and stripping related issues it does not seem fair to our volenteer artist to add additional hours). You can donate an entire slot, (for example…a full squad of ten tactical marines, or a dreadnought), or more if you really want, or less, down to an individual marine, or bits like resin bases, bases, heavy weapons, backpacks, jet packs, etc, and we will build the Army list off of that. Once we have a compiled list, those members who had items pledged and accepted will be asked to ship your “pledge” to Troy our selected volunteer artist. We ideally want to get all the forces to Troy before the New year, to provide ample time for him to keep his day job and still have the time for this massive undertaking. Troy will collect and assemble all of the Army and paint the entire force. This is to ensure we do not end up with 20 shades of grey as an Army theme. The Army will then be vetted by the NOCF board members and once approved shipped to them for safe keeping. The Tickets for the Army will be sold on the NOCF site, and proceeds will go to a charity organization TBD as it has to be vetted.
I will ensure that Bartertown gets ample plugs in the international world for its show of a “Compassionate Force” and your name as a donor will be embedded on the NOCF website as well, showing that you sponsored that portion of the force. (We are considering naming Characters/Squads after you)
So the following post is the “living” Space Marine list that I will continue to update as pledges come in. ALL slots don't have to be filled, that they're just listed for completeness. Don’t be discouraged, even a single SM can help the cause!

I have reached out to a few other organizations for sponsorship as well and will update accordingly.
Now on the off chance that you would prefer to volunteer a different project, materials, or services to include but not limited to graphic design, hobby supplies, individual miniatures, bits, terrain, diorama, artistic talent, or advertising to support the NOCF feel free to email me at hammerhead1122@gmail.com and I will get you in contact with the right people. Or put you to work, whichever is easier.
If on the extreme chance you would like to donate an entire Army, I can also get you into contact with the right people.
Individually we can make a difference by giving a few bucks to buy some tickets and support the Charities, but together we can build a massive project, potentially raise thousands for charity, and see some well deserved recognition for Bartertown and its members. I hope you will join me in this undertaking!
Last edited by ssapper on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 28 times in total.
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Re: Bartertown Charity Army Project for 2015 NOCF

Postby ssapper » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Attention all!

Bartertown NOVA Space Marine Chapter is mobilizing for war!

Lord of War Slot (2011 Games Day Boarding Marine [if no chapter master arrives]?)(Sponsored by don_mondo)(Ship Date)

HQ 1 (SM CPT with powersword and storm bolter, 1x Games Day SGT as Company company champion, with MEDIC and a Command Standard Bearer, 2x SM with missile launchers. Mounted in a Razorback)(Sponsored by Joseph G.,Not_Evil_Matt and Ironwarriors83)(Ship date)
HQ 2 (SM Chaplain)(Sponsored by ssapper)(on hand)
HQ 3 (Emperor's Champion)(Sponsored by Patrick AKA mstrchrf13)(Ship Date)
HQ 4 (Space Marine Commander x1 ABR) (Sponsored by ShadowcatX) (Ship Date)
HQ 5 (SM Librarian 2013 Finecast) (Sponsored by ShadowcatX) (Ship Date)
HQ 6 (SM Librarian in terminator armour ) (Sponsored by ingtaer1) (Ship Date)

ELITE 1 (Venerable Dreadnought with its own Drop Pod!)(OomieCrusha)(Ship Date)
ELITE 2 10x Terminators [Assault Terminators w/flamer mounted in Land Raider Crusader Sponsored by ssapper, ShadowcatX, and Gamers Hideout, LGS)(Ship Date)
ELITE 3 SM Techmarine with 4 Servitors (Sponsored by ssapper)(on hand)
ELITE 4 9x Terminators (1x Sgt, 1x Autocannon, 2x Cyclone Missile Launchers, will adjust with other Terminators to better balance squads) mounted in Land Raider)(Sponsored by Davejr and ssapper)(Ship Date)
ELITE 5 (5x Vetran SM, with melta)(Sponsored by Gamers Hideout, LGS)(Ship Date)

TROOP 1 (SM Sgt G. Joseph with 9 SM's (melta/Lascannon) mounted in Rhino)(Joseph G.,TwinnerV2, and ssapper.)(Ship Date)
TROOP 2 (1x Games Day SM SGT from 2004, 7x AOBR Marines, (I will dig up a special +SM) 1X SM w/Heavy Bolter, mounted in a Rhino)(Sponsored by Mr. T, psiekier ssapper and MagickalMemories)(Ship Date)
TROOP 3 (1x SM Vetran Sgt with power fist, 7x SM's 1x Plasma Cannon, 1x flamer, mounted in a Rhino) (Sponsored by Janine and ssapper)(Ship Date)
TROOP 4 (1x SM Vetran Sgt with power sword and bolt pistol, 7x SM's, 1x Heavy Bolter, 1x flamer, mounted in a Rhino) (Sponsored by Janine and ssapper)(Ship Date)
TROOP 5 (Scout Squad 8x metal snipers, 1x SGT, 1x Missile Launcher scout)(Sponsored by ssapper)(On hand)
TROOP 6 (1x Sgt, 8x metal CC scouts1x Heavy Bolter scout[/color]) (Sponsored by ssapper)(Ship Date)
TROOP 7 (10 Tactical Marines) (Sponsored by ShadowcatX) (Ship Date)
TROOP 7 (Open for any type that fills this spot in accordance with CODEX)(Sponsored by)(Ship Date)

ASSAULT 1 (4x SM's on bikes, with upgrade pack, (CPT, Plasma, and Melta Torso) (Sponsored by WargamerscaveRay, and ssapper)(Ship Date) If anyone has a complete sidecar for the attack bike, then I have a spare complete bike, or could use a complete attack bike
ASSAULT 2 (4x SM's on bikes, (Sponsored by WargamerscaveRay)(Ship Date) If anyone has a complete sidecar for the attack bike, then I have a spare complete bike, or could use a complete attack bike
ASSAULT 3 (1x Land Speeder, 1x Land Speeder w/bolter, 1x Land speeder(Sponsored by Not Evil Matt, Warring Souls, and BITZBOX)(Ship Date)
ASSAULT 4 (10x Assault Marines)(Sponsored by Korias1004, and ssapper)(Ship Date)
ASSAULT 5 (Open for any type that fills this spot in accordance with CODEX)(Sponsored by)(Ship Date)

HEAVY 1 (Devastator Squad, multiple weapon systems)(Sponsored by, a bit and bob from just about everyone)(Ship Date)
HEAVY 2 (Devastator Squad [4x Lascannon, 1x SGT, and 5x SM with options for 1x Plasma Cannon])(Sponsored by psiekier, and ssapper)(Ship Date)
HEAVY 3 (3x Centurions)(Craig from BITZBOX)(Ship Date)
HEAVY 4 (1X HUNTER)(Sponsored ssapper and integaer1)(Ship Date)
HEAVY 5 (Open for any type that fills this spot in accordance with CODEX)(Sponsored by)(Ship Date)

Knight Titan (Sponsored by Davejr)(Ship Date)

Additional dedicated transport options provided by (Eclipse Comics, LGS, 1x Razorback, 1x Drop pod)

FORTIFICATION SLOT Aegis Defense line (with Comms Array, TL cannon and Las).
Also... If someone donates a Thunderfire Cannon & Techmarine OR a Techmarine with full complement of servitors, I will build and donate a ruined CoD building (this goes in with the theme of techmarines being able to boost the cover save).(Sponsored by MagickalMemories with help from RtheCuddleL)(Ship Date)

Custom Objective (Bartertown Sign Post)(Sponsored by Porkuslime)(Ship Date)

Custom Transport Case (Sponsored by KR Multicase) (Ship Date)

Tim from Warring Souls painting is going to pledge a full unit if we as a community pull this off.

Chris over at Powerplay lighting has pledged custom lighting

And Mechanical Warhorse has opened up talks about creating custom templates and maybe an objective marker or two for us as well.

Chris from Portable Warfare has agreed to support with two of his APC transports cases!

1x Small bag of bits from ssapper and psiekier (Lascannon Arm, minus backpack, site, and other arm, Melta gun, minus other arm and backpack, heavy bolter, minus other arm and backpack donated by Davejr)

We are picking up speed. But in order for this to be a true Bartertown Army, I still need your help.

Can you dig into them spare sprues, bits boxes, and compassionate hearts of yours and pull something out to support the cause!

I am looking forward to Seeing "Brother (Insert your name here)" on the Army list!
Last edited by ssapper on Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:39 am, edited 52 times in total.
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Postby ssapper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:03 am

Thank you Joseph G. and Janine for the pledge of support! Who will be next? Step right up!
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Postby ssapper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:28 am

Mr. T, Thank you for your support, your Awesome!
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Postby MagickalMemories » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:44 am

Well. You have your techmarine & servitors. I guess I need to get started on that ruined building!

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 718 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Donate NOW for the 2015 NOCF Bartertown Charity Army Pro

Postby ssapper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:11 pm

Bartertown members, Chris over at Powerplay lighting has heard the call and is willing to support us with any potential lighting needs, so open your hearts, head the call, and man o man someone who has something big and Armored that is just dying to have lights in it, feel free to donate! Lets not miss out on this great opportunity to make the best Bartertown Community Army!
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Re: 2015 Bartertown Community 40K Charity Army Project

Postby TwinnerV2 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:29 am

Count me in for a rhino. Please email me how I am suppose to do this. Armitage_kevin@hotmail.com
TwinnerKevin

I and Twinner are separate people but we are identical twins, hence the names Twinner and TwinnerV2.
TwinnerV2 ( 36 )
BTown Regular

Postby ssapper » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:19 am

TwinnerV2,
Thank you for the awesome support, going to place it with the tactical squad for now, but it might move, depending on, what other donations we get. Glad to have you aboard. Email on the way. But just to clear it up with everyone, right now we are in the pledge support phase. And we are off to a great start. If you would like to get your donations in the mail sooner than later I will set up a temporary collection point. But the deadline to mail items out will be no later than 1JAN2015, so that the artist has a few solid months to get some serious work done, (without lossing his day job in the process)
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Postby ssapper » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:23 am

Our next big THANK YOU goes out to...

Chris from Portable Warfare a valued business man in the Bartertown community has agreed to support us with two of his APC transports! Don't you think you could spare a few of them extra space marines, maybe a dreadnough, pehaps some jump-packs, maybe some thing cool, every little bit. Come on put your name on this project to and help us meet our goal!

I see you looking, I know you got at least one miniature collecting dust.....Lets work together and raise money for Charity!

If you have reserves, or questions, feel free to post here, or pm me for information. I am happy to help you help us.

Also if you tried to post to here and could not, there is something crazy with the Global annoucement, so just go down to the 40K forums and click on it from there, and it should work.

Can't wait to hear from you!
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Postby ssapper » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:52 pm

Hello Bartertown!

It's the weekend and I challenge you to find just five minutes, to dig through them bits you have stashed away and sponsor a little something special for this Army. We need your help to make it truely awesome!

A single SM?? A couple heavy weapons, a meltagun, the plastic dreadnought kit, perhaps that landspeeder you got in a trade, thats just not going anywhere? What better way to put it to use. Hope to hear from you soon!
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Re: Updated 7/26 Bartertown Community 40K Charity Army Proje

Postby Ironwarriors83 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:03 am

I'll donate a new on sprue sm razorback. :)
Lower Rating? You ship first unless we agree otherwise regardless whether it's a sale or trade of miniatures. Feedback is there for a reason. This ISN'T Ebay, your Ebay Refs DON'T matter here, this is Bartertown! If your feedback is significantly lower, I expect you to ship first, even if I'm buying- Money carries greater risks than minis: I can't buy groceries with a box of Tac Marines! Offers are good for 24 Hours, otherwise void.

Feedback owed to me by: reks6798,usmcbuzz
Ironwarriors83 ( 754 )
Expert Trader

Postby ssapper » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:54 am

Thank you Ironwarriors83 for sponsoring the razorback! Expect a pm from me before the weekend is over on your shipping and timeline options. Awesome donation! It's going to look awesome with the 2nd squad! OR maybe a heavy weapon squad is in the future works? Who knows what will be sponsored next? Maybe the guy reading this message right now would like to tell us what little bit of SM goodness he is donating to the Bartertown Army!
Last edited by ssapper on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Postby ssapper » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:40 pm

Another Donation rolling in this time it's a land speader from Not Evil Matt! Thank you for your support! Expect a PM later tonight with the timeline and shipping options. You are awesome, I can't wait to see what is next!
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Re: Updated 7/28 Bartertown Community 40K Charity Army Proje

Postby ssapper » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:36 pm

It's an awesome Tuesday, latest donation is an Emperor's Champion! Awesome donation and and addition to the Bartertown Community Army. Thank you Patrick, AKA mstrchef13. You are Awesome!
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Re: Updated 7/29 Bartertown Community 40K Charity Army Proje

Postby ssapper » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:41 pm

Great news everybody! OomieCrusha has heard the call for support, and is sponsoring a Venerable Dreadnought! Our first Elite position to be filled, and what a way to fill it! Thank you for your contribution to the Bartertown Community Charity Project. This is a great addition to our mobilizing Army. I can't wait to see what comes next. It's turning out great! And remember the list is a "living" document, so it will change, grow and shrink based on donations, for example if your sitting on a full troop choice buy worried about the lone vetran SGT filling that position, its ok, feel free to donate, we can move that SGT to another position, and maybe end up with a full vetran squad or similar options, or if you want to donate a squad of Terminators we can assign them a land raider and free up that heavy slot. We are still in the early stages or force development. Don't be shy, offer what you can, show your support for charity, and the bartertown community!
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Next

Return to Good Trader Misc Information